Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jan 15, 2020 at 2:42 AM Post #8,326 of 18,883
I visited Budapest in 2005 and stayed in a hostel called the yellow submarine covered in Beatles paraphernalia.

Jan 15, 2020 at 2:59 AM Post #8,327 of 18,883
Yes, I sold my RME ADI2 and bought a TT2 which sounded much better to my ears even with the same amplifier. I was quite underwhelmed by the RME.

I am listening to my TT2 now driving my old Dali 104 speakers direct (refurbished with new drivers and a new crossover, in fact all I kept were the cabinets). The TT2 sits nicely on top of one of the speakers. Last night I was listening to rock music with this combination and this morning it is classical on Radio 3.

Ah thats very interesting. Atm im using a RME ADI 2 as my dac. Outputting to a Felix Audio Euforia.
Im playing with the idea of upgrading to a TT2 plus Mscaler.
I listened to the combo at a store but thats without having my setup with me to compare. Witch is something i have to do at some point before spending 8.5k on a hobby...
Did you do a A to B comparison with the RME and the TT2?

Jan 15, 2020 at 4:07 AM Post #8,328 of 18,883
Did you do a A to B comparison with the RME and the TT2?

yes, I had them in the same system for a few weeks before I sold the RME. The RME measures well but ultimately failed to please my ears compared to the TT2. Obviously this is in my system and with my ears.

Jan 15, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #8,329 of 18,883
Yes, I sold my RME ADI2 and bought a TT2 which sounded much better to my ears even with the same amplifier. I was quite underwhelmed by the RME.

I am listening to my TT2 now driving my old Dali 104 speakers direct (refurbished with new drivers and a new crossover, in fact all I kept were the cabinets). The TT2 sits nicely on top of one of the speakers. Last night I was listening to rock music with this combination and this morning it is classical on Radio 3.

I await the deluge of posts about you needing to spend €5k on anti-vibration pads for your TT2.

Jan 15, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #8,330 of 18,883
Jan 16, 2020 at 7:38 AM Post #8,331 of 18,883
with cca on ifi i power 5v and all lights dimmed on chord stack with low gain into my pm1 during twilight hours (low grid draw) dire straits on dire straits their first album sounds incredibly analogue to the extent i had to check all my connections.:sweat:

i look forward to adding wave cables when i can. finally does anyone know how many hours pro2 gives on mscaler? tonights listening was quite compelling.

220px-DS_Dire_Straits.jpg

Stick it on High Gain and leave it there.

Damn, TT2 on top of a speaker, has the world gone mad.

There is only one cure, and thats £5000 worth of cone shaped rubber feet.

Jan 16, 2020 at 8:39 AM Post #8,332 of 18,883
Stick it on High Gain and leave it there.

Damn, TT2 on top of a speaker, has the world gone mad.

There is only one cure, and thats £5000 worth of cone shaped rubber feet.
For whatever reason, hi gain sounds wrong to me, I lose the magic, I can’t explain.
Rubber cone feet cost as little as £5 a go.

Jan 16, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #8,333 of 18,883

and not having any costs zero!

Sure, my TT2 is on top of one speaker but what about all the active speakers which have the amps within them and what about the fancy speakers with inbuilt DACs and amps such as the Kii Three and the Dutch & Dutch? Are they doomed?

I will stick with the TT2 as it is with its own little rubber feet! :yum::grinning:

Jan 16, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #8,334 of 18,883
For whatever reason, hi gain sounds wrong to me, I lose the magic, I can’t explain.

I thought High Gain is just the same as Low Gain but with 9db of a difference, or some schit.

It's a rhetorical post as I'm not interested, as I just use my ears to tell me what sounds good and what doesn't.

Jan 16, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #8,335 of 18,883
I thought High Gain is just the same as Low Gain but with 9db of a difference, or some schit.

It's a rhetorical post as I'm not interested, as I just use my ears to tell me what sounds good and what doesn't.
Your ears will tell you were right to add rubber cones

Jan 16, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #8,336 of 18,883
and not having any costs zero!

Sure, my TT2 is on top of one speaker but what about all the active speakers which have the amps within them and what about the fancy speakers with inbuilt DACs and amps such as the Kii Three and the Dutch & Dutch? Are they doomed?

I will stick with the TT2 as it is with its own little rubber feet! :yum::grinning:

take it up with @Rob Watts as we all agree - mechanical isolation increases sq :)

Jan 16, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #8,337 of 18,883
185DA870-D9E1-4D6A-9691-F356D6490C99.jpeg
take it up with @Rob Watts as we all agree - mechanical isolation increases sq :)
Whilst I don’t disagree with this in principle, let’s face it. As ‘people with more money than sense’, we can easily get a bit anal about this. I mean, what other mug would pay over a grand for a ‘simple’ USB cable (my sad hand is up...)
I think we sometimes need to take a step-back, and just enjoy the music that these stupidly-expensive toys make.
Take this system in the photo. It’s placement is pants. But I’m sure it’s owner loves it for the music it makes.
Let’s all just chill and enjoy the tunes!

Jan 16, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #8,338 of 18,883

Whilst I don’t disagree with this in principle, let’s face it. As ‘people with more money than sense’, we can easily get a bit anal about this. I mean, what other mug would pay over a grand for a ‘simple’ USB cable (my sad hand is up...)
I think we sometimes need to take a step-back, and just enjoy the music that these stupidly-expensive toys make.
Take this system in the photo. It’s placement is pants. But I’m sure it’s owner loves it for the music it makes.
Let’s all just chill and enjoy the tunes!
Oh, and BTW. That’s NOT system.
My system is isolated with 9-inch stiletto-spikes :wink:

Jan 16, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #8,339 of 18,883
Oh, and BTW. That’s NOT system.
My system is isolated with 9-inch stiletto-spikes :wink:

What, you wear 9-inch stilettos whilst listening to your system? Pictures please!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back