1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by ChordElectronics, May 10, 2018.
First

Back
546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555
557 558 559 560 561 562 563
Next

Last
  1. musickid
    I visited Budapest in 2005 and stayed in a hostel called the yellow submarine covered in Beatles paraphernalia.

betula likes this.
  2. Afsa
    Ah thats very interesting. Atm im using a RME ADI 2 as my dac. Outputting to a Felix Audio Euforia.
    Im playing with the idea of upgrading to a TT2 plus Mscaler.
    I listened to the combo at a store but thats without having my setup with me to compare. Witch is something i have to do at some point before spending 8.5k on a hobby...
    Did you do a A to B comparison with the RME and the TT2?

3. Triode User
    yes, I had them in the same system for a few weeks before I sold the RME. The RME measures well but ultimately failed to please my ears compared to the TT2. Obviously this is in my system and with my ears.

4. miketlse
    I await the deluge of posts about you needing to spend €5k on anti-vibration pads for your TT2.

bfreedma, Ragnar-BY and Amberlamps like this.
  5. Triode User
    Ignorance is bliss.

6. Amberlamps
    Stick it on High Gain and leave it there.

Damn, TT2 on top of a speaker, has the world gone mad.

There is only one cure, and thats £5000 worth of cone shaped rubber feet.

betula and Ragnar-BY like this.
  7. ZappaMan
    For whatever reason, hi gain sounds wrong to me, I lose the magic, I can’t explain.
    Rubber cone feet cost as little as £5 a go.

8. Triode User
    and not having any costs zero!

Sure, my TT2 is on top of one speaker but what about all the active speakers which have the amps within them and what about the fancy speakers with inbuilt DACs and amps such as the Kii Three and the Dutch & Dutch? Are they doomed?

I will stick with the TT2 as it is with its own little rubber feet! :yum::grinning:

9. Amberlamps
    I thought High Gain is just the same as Low Gain but with 9db of a difference, or some schit.

It's a rhetorical post as I'm not interested, as I just use my ears to tell me what sounds good and what doesn't.

10. ZappaMan
    Your ears will tell you were right to add rubber cones

11. ZappaMan
    take it up with @Rob Watts as we all agree - mechanical isolation increases sq :)

12. kelly200269
    185DA870-D9E1-4D6A-9691-F356D6490C99.jpeg
    Whilst I don’t disagree with this in principle, let’s face it. As ‘people with more money than sense’, we can easily get a bit anal about this. I mean, what other mug would pay over a grand for a ‘simple’ USB cable (my sad hand is up...)
    I think we sometimes need to take a step-back, and just enjoy the music that these stupidly-expensive toys make.
    Take this system in the photo. It’s placement is pants. But I’m sure it’s owner loves it for the music it makes.
    Let’s all just chill and enjoy the tunes!

alxw0w likes this.
  13. kelly200269
    Oh, and BTW. That’s NOT system.
    My system is isolated with 9-inch stiletto-spikes :wink:

Amberlamps likes this.
  14. Triode User
    What, you wear 9-inch stilettos whilst listening to your system? Pictures please!!!

15. ZappaMan
    Next level

EB6430AF-464D-4013-B7CA-B7ECF52A1448.jpeg

Whazzzup and JM1979 like this.
First

Back
546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555
557 558 559 560 561 562 563
Next

Last