Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jun 5, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #588 of 18,905
Chord launch for CanJam London... maybe Mojo2 with some of the new features from Hugo2?...

I would be shocked if it was a new mojo.

Plus, they have just launched poly for mojo and mojo is still up there amongst the best for its price bracket and over, so I dont think chord are in a hurry to make a new mojo.

I am sure mojo’s are still selling quite well because my original one had a low serial number, my new one I got in february has a much higher serial number which indicates that they are still selling.

Mind you, we are always looking for new things to spend our money on so maybe there is a new mojo ?

Jun 5, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #589 of 18,905
I would be shocked if it was a new mojo.

Plus, they have just launched poly for mojo and mojo is still up there amongst the best for its price bracket and over, so I dont think chord are in a hurry to make a new mojo.

I am sure mojo’s are still selling quite well because my original one had a low serial number, my new one I got in february has a much higher serial number which indicates that they are still selling.

Mind you, we are always looking for new things to spend our money on so maybe there is a new mojo ?
Didn't Rob say something new? ? ?

Jun 5, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #590 of 18,905
Didn't Rob say something new? ? ?

Yes he did, however I have no clue asto what it is.

Whatever it is, I dont think its a new mojo but I could be wrong.

I would think that Chord would be wanting to sell all the polys they made/make, a new mojo would deter people from doing so.

Jun 5, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #591 of 18,905
Yes he did, however I have no clue asto what it is.

I would think that Chord would be wanting to sell all the polys they made/make, a new mojo would deter people from doing so.
Something new so I don't think mojo or Dave upgrade, it's gonna be a complete new product, my money is a turntable

Jun 5, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #592 of 18,905
Something new so I don't think mojo or Dave upgrade, it's gonna be a complete new product, my money is a turntable

I really have no idea, I cant even take a guess as to what it might be, i really have no idea ???

Whatever it is......

I just hope it has a nice remote :)

Jun 5, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #594 of 18,905
I'm just hoping the turntable has 45 rpm

Here's the scoop. It's a mini-turntable to go with the Mojo for portable use :darthsmile:

IMG_4343.JPG

Jun 5, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #597 of 18,905

A Mojo 2 could have upgraded internals but use the same case and thus still support the Poly.

Jun 6, 2018 at 1:30 AM Post #599 of 18,905
I don't understand what's all the fuss about cheap remotes. IMHO, all modern homes with a TV, set top box, A/V amplifier, CD player, BD player etc. and with their own individual remotes, I'm surprised if anyone still has not replaced them all with a universal/learning remote solution. The original remote that came with your equipment then serves no other purpose than to give your universal/learning remote an initial "lesson" (the infrared control codes) and then stored at the bottom of your drawer. I wouldn't mind if the original remotes look cheap or plasticky because most likely I ever only use them once anyway.

Jun 6, 2018 at 1:36 AM Post #600 of 18,905
My failure rate at predicting the new releases at CES and Munich must be well in excess of 80%, so take these comments with a large pinch of salt.
  • It will be one of Robs designs, so that eliminates any streamers from the possibilities.
  • Rob also says chord will be releasing a new product - I don't know about you, but the MScaler has been talked about for sooooo long, that it no longer feels new to my mind.
  • A digital amplifier would fit the criteria as a Rob design, but I have a lingering doubt that they will release such an amp at a headphone show.
Having eliminated the obvious candidates, I have to resort to allowing a few left field thoughts to gel in my mind.
Just imagine a Hugo2 sized case, with an external power supply.
Inside the case is an entry level (that's entry level for chord) version of the ADC from the Davina project, plus the Hugo2 FPGA dac, plus the output amplifier stage from the TT2. The outputs are normal headphone and RCA.
That could be a vinyl lovers dream, whether they use headphones or efficient speakers.
My favourite would be a version of the TT or a Dave without an amp. Pure DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back