Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
May 17, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #286 of 18,907
You can always start with a cheap pair of headphones first, and buy better ones later when you have saved enough.So get Hugo TT 2 first as it seem like a great investment and worth the price, i think.
I've asked nintronics if they can give me a price on my gear to part ex, I can always get the headphones again, I've been listening to my speakers more so probably get my money worth with the hugo TT 2

May 17, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #288 of 18,907
Pretty much the units shown was almost final. Today I completed the OP stage optimisation for production - the testing was remarkable. When running at 12W into 8 ohms, plugging the load in and out meant no change in distortion at all. I had to check the power drawn to confirm the load was connected. Then, I checked the load itself, and it was getting warm! To have 0.000195% THD and noise at 20Hz to not vary with a 8 ohm load at 12W is pretty stunning.

As far as code is concerned, I have a few minor tweaks to do (not SQ related) which should be sent to Chord tomorrow....

May 17, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #289 of 18,907
Pretty much the units shown was almost final. Today I completed the OP stage optimisation for production - the testing was remarkable. When running at 12W into 8 ohms, plugging the load in and out meant no change in distortion at all. I had to check the power drawn to confirm the load was connected. Then, I checked the load itself, and it was getting warm! To have 0.000195% THD and noise at 20Hz to not vary with a 8 ohm load at 12W is pretty stunning.

As far as code is concerned, I have a few minor tweaks to do (not SQ related) which should be sent to Chord tomorrow....
That's great Rob thank you for the update, spoke to nintronics and I'm gonna trade in my gear to get the hugo TT 2 and they happy to do it. Obviously I'm old and old school so how would I connect my hugo TT 2 to speakers, I haven't got a clue as its banana plugs on my speakers

May 17, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #290 of 18,907
That's great Rob thank you for the update, spoke to nintronics and I'm gonna trade in my gear to get the hugo TT 2 and they happy to do it. Obviously I'm old and old school so how would I connect my hugo TT 2 to speakers, I haven't got a clue as its banana plugs on my speakers

As I posted above, I found 2x banana to Phono/ RCA converters for each speaker on eBay. This be good for a trial, but would think properly soldered speaker leads be best for direct connection.

May 17, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #291 of 18,907
To have 0.000195% THD and noise at 20Hz to not vary with a 8 ohm load at 12W is pretty stunning.
That's the right term: «stunning» indeed! :smiley:

May 17, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #293 of 18,907
I'm buzzing I'm getting the chord hugo TT 2,I never thought I would own one this year, I know the Dave is the ultimate but I drive around in an old bmw and I see brand new Rolls Royce on the roads, I'm at a point that is mind boggling for me and if I wanna sit outside just hook up an extension lead, I love my clear headphones but I know buying blind I'm gonna make the right decision

May 17, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #295 of 18,907
I'll need to hook up my Rel sub as well with the Rel cable not the phono
With Rel's you want to use the speaker level connection (high level Neutrik socket). Thus just bare wire to the speaker posts (Red right, yellow left, ground either speaker, choose one) which will not interfere with a spade (banana plug) connection from TT. I agree, you want to make your own cables, RCA to Spade, or have someone custom make them for you. I made mine, great quality for $16 total.

Last edited:
May 17, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #297 of 18,907
May 17, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #299 of 18,907
As I posted above, I found 2x banana to Phono/ RCA converters for each speaker on eBay. This be good for a trial, but would think properly soldered speaker leads be best for direct connection.
PM for name of the website that will make you banana type speaker cable to RCA, etc.
Love Southend but metal detecting is not great there:)

May 18, 2018 at 2:42 AM Post #300 of 18,907
Why not a balanced connector in the front or balanced mode with the two 6.35 jack?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back