Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
May 6, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #13,771 of 19,009
I have a problem with the TT2/MScaler. After listening to the pair for a few days, now every other piece of gear I own, bar my main tube amp, sounds flat and unmusical.

May 6, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #13,773 of 19,009
I have a problem with the TT2/MScaler. After listening to the pair for a few days, now every other piece of gear I own, bar my main tube amp, sounds flat and unmusical.

Stating the obvious here because you are very professional about your reviews, but in any case: please in your (eventual) review also focus at some length on what the M Scaler brings specifically in your view, what it adds to the TT2 performance. Always interesting to compare notes on that.

May 6, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #13,775 of 19,009
I just put my TT2 in the classifieds so, should anybody be looking for one in perfect conditions, still covered by the prodiucer's warranty, feel free to contact me! Here's the LINK!!! :)

May 7, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #13,777 of 19,009
Just got my HTT2 today and playing around with it. I’m pretty sure my GSX Mini is about to be put up for sale. I very much prefer the all in one HTT2 and its headphone output vs DAC mode on the HTT2 > GSX Mini.

Unless someone can convince me otherwise ?

May 7, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #13,778 of 19,009
Just got my HTT2 today and playing around with it. I’m pretty sure my GSX Mini is about to be put up for sale. I very much prefer the all in one HTT2 and its headphone output vs DAC mode on the HTT2 > GSX Mini.

With your case, the reasons of adding a separate amplifier are:
1. To provide additional power for insensitive CANs or
2. To provide an alternative of different tonality.
While point 1 depends on the CANs you use, the point 2 is a sole subjectivity and preference issue. For me, I prefer the output of TT2 as DAC to my Audio technica AT-BHA100 for an additional touch of tubes and I find the warmer, smoother and analogue sound suit my taste and genre preference more.
20210507_210057.jpg

May 7, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #13,779 of 19,009

seadog123, the reason that I have a Woo WA22 tube amplifier is to add that little bit of sweetness and warmth to the musical presentation that isn’t quite there with my HMS/TT2 combos detailed and analytical sound.

May 7, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #13,780 of 19,009

The TT2 has so much power on tap, especially out of the rear XLRs. The only reason you're going to want an external amp is to change the voicing. If you are after transparency, then skip the amp.

May 7, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #13,781 of 19,009
With your case, the reasons of adding a separate amplifier are:
1. To provide additional power for insensitive CANs or
2. To provide an alternative of different tonality.
While point 1 depends on the CANs you use, the point 2 is a sole subjectivity and preference issue. For me, I prefer the output of TT2 as DAC to my Audio technica AT-BHA100 for an additional touch of tubes and I find the warmer, smoother and analogue sound suit my taste and genre preference more.
20210507_210057.jpg
That's my approach as well. It's all about the best tonality for each headphone. For my collection, here are my favourite pairings:
  • TT2 amp + Clears
  • TT2 DAC with Broadway amp + Diana v2
  • TT2 DAC with Broadway amp + Arya
  • TT2 DAC with Pendant SE amp + Vérité Closed

May 7, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #13,782 of 19,009
Anyone hearing issues with inventory? I bought the TT2 in Black from local dealer. US distributor received shipment this Tuesday but it was not enough to fill the outstanding backorders. Now I'm in limbo ... was trying to support small business. :p

Side note, anyone pairing the HFM Arya's with the TT2? How do people like this synergy?

May 7, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #13,783 of 19,009
Anyone hearing issues with inventory? I bought the TT2 in Black from local dealer. US distributor received shipment this Tuesday but it was not enough to fill the outstanding backorders. Now I'm in limbo ... was trying to support small business. :p

Side note, anyone pairing the HFM Arya's with the TT2? How do people like this synergy?
I use the arya with TT2/Mscaler and they sound incredible

May 7, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #13,784 of 19,009
I use the arya with TT2/Mscaler and they sound incredible
Nice I tried the IFI Micro Signature and then the RME ADI 2 FS and the Hugo 2. Out of those 3 I think I liked the RME the best. I then tried the TT2 without MScaler and was very happy. I didn't want to try the MScaler until I was ready to buy. I'm totally set on getting one eventually. MScaler 2 with 2 million taps? LOL ...

Some people on Reddit were talking crap because they felt the TT2 was overkill with the Aryas. That I was better getting the Susvara's with a crappy amp. I heard one you get to higher end headphones its more subjective on which cans are better. So I think a Susvara with a bad pairing would not sound as good as a Arya with a TT2 for example ... but maybe I'm wrong ...

May 7, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #13,785 of 19,009
Nice I tried the IFI Micro Signature and then the RME ADI 2 FS and the Hugo 2. Out of those 3 I think I liked the RME the best. I then tried the TT2 without MScaler and was very happy. I didn't want to try the MScaler until I was ready to buy. I'm totally set on getting one eventually. MScaler 2 with 2 million taps? LOL ...

Some people on Reddit were talking crap because they felt the TT2 was overkill with the Aryas. That I was better getting the Susvara's with a crappy amp. I heard one you get to higher end headphones its more subjective on which cans are better. So I think a Susvara with a bad pairing would not sound as good as a Arya with a TT2 for example ... but maybe I'm wrong ...
If you have the money the susvara is a whole different league and worth buying for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back