Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
May 2, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #13,741 of 19,009
This has been discussed here extensively. Rob Watts explicitly said not to bother with LPS for the TT2, although some people apparently have a positive experience with LPS feeding the Mscaler.
Do I remember correcly that using any other than Chord’s charger will void the warranty? Worth taking that into consideration.

May 2, 2021 at 6:51 AM Post #13,742 of 19,009
On that note where does one get replacement chargers from Chord from ...

May 2, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #13,746 of 19,009
@Currawong got his hands on a TT2 and mscaler for review - just posted on his YouTube community a pic.
According to several folks on head-fi Facebook, all you need is a Qutest with a linear power supply, and then it will sound just as good as the HMS/TT2 pairing, maybe even better when you add an M Scaler.

May 2, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #13,747 of 19,009
According to several folks on head-fi Facebook, all you need is a Qutest with a linear power supply, and then it will sound just as good as the HMS/TT2 pairing, maybe even better when you add an M Scaler.
I know who your talking about. Just ridiculous. was shaking my head while reading it.

Last edited:
May 2, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #13,748 of 19,009
I know who your talking about. Just ridiculous
DJJEZ, it’s really astounding to read how some folks have re-invented the wheel, discovered electricity, achieved manned space flight, solved world hunger, and also saved a couple thousand semolians along the way, just by plugging a $359 aftermarket linear power supply into a $1500 DAC. If only I had known. 😊

May 2, 2021 at 9:36 PM Post #13,749 of 19,009
@Currawong got his hands on a TT2 and mscaler for review - just posted on his YouTube community a pic.
Yes, and I forgot to post the pic here. Thanks for reminding me.

IMG_5416.jpeg

It has been interesting going between the Hugo 2, TT2, and TT2/MS. The usual cliché of revisiting all one's previously adored music and discovering new stuff applies here. Despite the slight compromise in detail retrieval, I like it as a source for the Studio Six, given the slightly increased sense of "body" to the music it provides. I knew that getting these in for review would ruin me and they have.

Yet, I am still able to enjoy the Yggdrasil/Studio Six combination with most music. It's the "golden" music, the stuff that has endless layers of depth and nuance that the Chord combo brings the most out of. I was listening to some Ella Fitzgerald, as well as the usual Jazz in the Pawnshop and a few other of the great classic jazz numbers and the "holy chit" factor was definitely there. Not quite the music-injected-into-my-bloodstream feeling of the DAVE, but almost.

May 2, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #13,750 of 19,009
Yes, and I forgot to post the pic here. Thanks for reminding me.

IMG_5416.jpeg

It has been interesting going between the Hugo 2, TT2, and TT2/MS. The usual cliché of revisiting all one's previously adored music and discovering new stuff applies here. Despite the slight compromise in detail retrieval, I like it as a source for the Studio Six, given the slightly increased sense of "body" to the music it provides. I knew that getting these in for review would ruin me and they have.

Yet, I am still able to enjoy the Yggdrasil/Studio Six combination with most music. It's the "golden" music, the stuff that has endless layers of depth and nuance that the Chord combo brings the most out of. I was listening to some Ella Fitzgerald, as well as the usual Jazz in the Pawnshop and a few other of the great classic jazz numbers and the "holy chit" factor was definitely there. Not quite the music-injected-into-my-bloodstream feeling of the DAVE, but almost.
Time to ditch that trusty Hugo 2 you have in your setup and replace it with these bad boys. Love your vids and thanks for engaging here.

May 3, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #13,752 of 19,009
Then we must understand that HTT2 is unable to properly drive the Susvara?????
XLR outs are fine for the Susvara. If you want a heavier bass presentation, then you can consider a speaker amp.

May 3, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #13,753 of 19,009
XLR outs are fine for the Susvara. If you want a heavier bass presentation, then you can consider a speaker amp.
Are you keeping the etude in your setup then?

May 3, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #13,754 of 19,009
Are you keeping the etude in your setup then?
For now, but you'll probably see it listed for sale before long. I'm more interested in trying different amps than finding THE ONE.

May 3, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #13,755 of 19,009
ra990, I’ve got an old Marantz 100w stereo amplifier from my college days somewhere around here. It has two 1/4 inch hp jacks, and you could connect four speakers to it. And, it was wired to play 8-track tapes in quadraphonic sound. Do you think that it could drive the Susvara’s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back