Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jan 22, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #8,401 of 18,907
I'm mostly interested to hear if other people have this problem. I'd hazard to guess that I'm more proficient figuring out Windows problems than over 99% of the people in this forum, but the driver behavior is unusual. I have already tried the driver uninstall/reinstall and it doesn't fix the problem, so I am inclined to believe that Chord writes a poor WASAPI driver. That is, unless, I'm the only one having this problem, then that would indicate it may be a problem with my Windows install.

Nothing wrong with the Chord driver, I've used it for a couple of years on a few different systems and it has caused me 0 problems.

I wouldn't go so far to commit yourself to being in that 1% of uber windows users on this forum, as there is some very technical people on said forum.

On to a different topic entirely.

CHORD are you listening ?

Jan 22, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #8,402 of 18,907
On my previous Win10 computer Chord driver worked flawlessly regardless I used Wasapi or Asio in Foobar2K (using Qutest). On my new computer Chord driver only works with Asio component.
In Win10 when you click on the sound icon you can easily pick between Chord or Win output.
I do this two clicks when I am swapping between Foobar or Youtube. (Listening to bitperfect music vs listening to the internet.)
No complications here.
I don't know how iMac works but it sounds like life is more simple there... :)

Jan 22, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #8,403 of 18,907
On my previous Win10 computer Chord driver worked flawlessly regardless I used Wasapi or Asio in Foobar2K (using Qutest). On my new computer Chord driver only works with Asio component.
In Win10 when you click on the sound icon you can easily pick between Chord or Win output.
I do this two clicks when I am swapping between Foobar or Youtube. (Listening to bitperfect music vs listening to the internet.)
No complications here.
I don't know how iMac works but it sounds like life is more simple there... :)
Use j river with asio and you can play anything right from music, youtube or movies, you won't require and changing of setting. J river is the only player which allows asio output even for videos.

Jan 23, 2020 at 1:28 AM Post #8,404 of 18,907
Nothing wrong with the Chord driver, I've used it for a couple of years on a few different systems and it has caused me 0 problems.

I wouldn't go so far to commit yourself to being in that 1% of uber windows users on this forum, as there is some very technical people on said forum.

On to a different topic entirely.

CHORD are you listening ?

Except that I worked in the Windows Division shipping a couple versions of Windows working on everything from low level kernel and drivers (including the change from the XPDM -> WDDM driver model) all the way up to the Shell layer. So I don't think I'll be hiring you to help me with my Hugo TT 2 issues.

Jan 23, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #8,405 of 18,907
Except that I worked in the Windows Division shipping a couple versions of Windows working on everything from low level kernel and drivers (including the change from the XPDM -> WDDM driver model) all the way up to the Shell layer. So I don't think I'll be hiring you to help me with my Hugo TT 2 issues.

You worked in a warehouse shipping copies of windows :)

I also worked selling windows, I even installed them, you may of heard of us, Weatherseal.com

Not impressed with your "I made windows badge", why ? and without reading the last few pages to catch up, but because you blamed a third party driver ( which in my experience is pretty much solid ) for something it probably didn't do. I'm not making fun of your skills as there is lots of very skilled members on this forum, I'm merely speculating that chords driver was probably not the cause of the problem, it's more likely to be a problem with windows and the people who built it.

However, I'm sure you will fix it, and since we are on the subject, I wonder, did you ever work for Boeing in the 737 max division ?

Just curious is all.

P.S

1 %'er's. :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #8,406 of 18,907
You worked in a warehouse shipping copies of windows :)

I also worked selling windows, I even installed them, you may of heard of us, Weatherseal.com

Not impressed with your "I made windows badge", why ? and without reading the last few pages to catch up, but because you blamed a third party driver ( which in my experience is pretty much solid ) for something it probably didn't do. I'm not making fun of your skills as there is lots of very skilled members on this forum, I'm merely speculating that chords driver was probably not the cause of the problem, it's more likely to be a problem with windows and the people who built it.

However, I'm sure you will fix it, and since we are on the subject, I wonder, did you ever work for Boeing in the 737 max division ?

Just curious is all.

P.S

1 %'er's. :wink:
Apparently the Boeing operating system was off shored to India to pay the programmers $20 a day whenever the american Boeing programmers were warning of quality issues.
Typical money making approach, who cares if it can’t actually fly safely.

Jan 23, 2020 at 7:20 PM Post #8,407 of 18,907
Apparently the Boeing operating system was off shored to India to pay the programmers $20 a day whenever the american Boeing programmers were warning of quality issues.
Typical money making approach, who cares if it can’t actually fly safely.

True story, one of my long time best buddys worked at boeing, initially on the F22 fighter program and then on to the P8 Poseidon program , he said boeing is a fckd up place to work at and that he isn't surprised that there is problems with the 737 max.

Jan 25, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #8,408 of 18,907
TT2 strange behaviour last week -- without any warning, the volume started increasing rapidly until it was too loud to bear. Volume down on the remote would reduce it, then it immediately began to increase again. Weird. You could see the colours rapidly changing on the volume ball. After that, it worked okay for a couple of sessions then happened again. For the last two days it has not repeated.
Anyone else experience this problem?

Jan 25, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #8,409 of 18,907
TT2 strange behaviour last week -- without any warning, the volume started increasing rapidly until it was too loud to bear. Volume down on the remote would reduce it, then it immediately began to increase again. Weird. You could see the colours rapidly changing on the volume ball. After that, it worked okay for a couple of sessions then happened again. For the last two days it has not repeated.

Had this issue happen to me 2 or 3 times before as well, hasn't happened again. In one case I had only used the volume ball(?) instead of the remote to adjust the volume so my first guess was that some dust got into something, just a guess though.

Jan 25, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #8,410 of 18,907
Having seen this in other volume-controlled gadgets in the past, my strong suspicion is that you have a remote that is stuck and is constantly sending a volume up remote code to the TT2. If it's a remote in your home, taking out the battery would work just fine. I would definitely look for that first. Sometimes remote codes are shared which can cause the same problem coming from a non-Chord remote. That would be my guess?

Jan 25, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #8,411 of 18,907
Having seen this in other volume-controlled gadgets in the past, my strong suspicion is that you have a remote that is stuck and is constantly sending a volume up remote code to the TT2. If it's a remote in your home, taking out the battery would work just fine. I would definitely look for that first. Sometimes remote codes are shared which can cause the same problem coming from a non-Chord remote. That would be my guess?

Is it possible that some dust got into the volume control on the TT2? That was the only thing that scared me was the gap between the volume ball and the chassis. I did have an issue with the remote being affected by cellphone signals as we in my room.

Jan 25, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #8,412 of 18,907

Have heard of that happening to Hugo 2 and Mojo owners before. Never with TT2 until yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back