Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jun 21, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #722 of 18,895
North West Audio Show 2018

Venue: De Vere Cranage Estate, Byley Lane, Holmes Chapel, Cheshire CW4 8EW

Date(s): Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th June 2018

Chord Electronics and KEF Speakers will be exhibiting the following hi-fi equipment:-

Show-System 1: KEF Ref.1 speakers with the Chord Choral hi-fi system (featuring the Blu, Dave and the new Etude power-amplifier)

Show-System 2: the new Hugo TT-2 with TToby power-amp featuring the much heralded KEF LS50 loudspeakers

Come see and hear these wonderful hi-fi systems... free-entry, free-parking, 'live' music and plenty more.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #723 of 18,895
North West Audio Show 2018

Venue: De Vere Cranage Estate, Byley Lane, Holmes Chapel, Cheshire CW4 8EW

Date(s): Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th June 2018

Chord Electronics and KEF Speakers will be exhibiting the following hi-fi equipment:-

Show-System 1: KEF Ref.1 speakers with the Chord Choral hi-fi system (featuring the Blu, Dave and the new Etude power-amplifier)

Show-System 2: the new Hugo TT-2 with TToby power-amp featuring the much heralded KEF LS50 loudspeakers

Come see and hear & see these wonderful hi-fi systems... free-entry, free-parking, 'live' music and plenty more.
You missed out the M scaler mate,just kidding

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #724 of 18,895
I'm playing it like you Paul. Best source first then plenty of time to add some worthy cans later. I have the great oppo pm1 and a beyer dt880 600 ohm to get me going. There are guys using the £170 beyer with 6k gear. The german headphone is an exceptional case though. I'm working hard over the summer for the TT2. I have two uni degrees and doing standard work for now. What worries me more though is that if the scaler comes out it may throw the TT2 plans into disarray. So i'm thinking H2 plus Mscaler. Everytime i think i've got my end plan..patience.patience. The way i see it nothing beats 1 million taps in terms of musical qualities inherent and the satisfaction gained from listening to it. Nothing.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #725 of 18,895
I'm playing it like you Paul. Best source first then plenty of time to add some worthy cans later. I have the great oppo pm1 and a beyer dt880 600 ohm to get me going. There are guys using the £170 beyer with 6k gear. The german headphone is an exceptional case though. I'm working hard over the summer for the TT2. I have two uni degrees and doing standard work for now. What worries me more though is that if the scaler comes out it may throw the TT2 plans into disarray. So i'm thinking H2 plus Mscaler. Everytime i think i've got my end plan..patience.patience. The way i see it nothing beats 1 million taps in terms of musical qualities and the satisfaction gained from it. Nothing.
I've got my flare pro as well, I was in the dark blue on the volume with the hugo 2 as they seem quite difficult to drive so the TT 2 should sound great with them

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #726 of 18,895
What is an M-scaler? Only issue with my Hugo 2 is no balanced outputs for external amp or headphones. Does TT2 have balanced outputs for either?

Jun 21, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #727 of 18,895
What is an M-scaler? Only issue with my Hugo 2 is no balanced outputs for external amp or headphones. Does TT2 have balanced outputs for either?
Tt has 3 pin balanced out xlr for an amp in the back. Se 1/4 in the front For hp

Jun 21, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #728 of 18,895
Look up blumk2 and read a lot.....

Jun 21, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #732 of 18,895
If we didn't speculate with good intention and try and foresee developments in the products we love knowing Rob has announced a new product IMHO this site would be a very sad state of affairs. Hang on i just realised that's what everyone has been doing..:deadhorse::deadhorse::o2smile:

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #734 of 18,895
Chord have definitely done the right thing by saying autumn for release date rather than give a specific date,BTW I've changed the cable on the nighthawk and changed the pads to the suede, better than the Focal Utopia

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #735 of 18,895
Had this weird dream last night I walked up to this massive tower full of speakers and electronic gear,it was a huge room and the other side of this vast room was another tower full of speakers electronic gear,jumped on a Unicorn and was flying from one side of the room to the other with the music banging best I've heard, what does this mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back