Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Sep 20, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #7,036 of 18,895
Did you spend way way more on cables than hardware components and headphones from your signature?

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #7,037 of 18,895
Maybe the things you say are all true and yes i did audition my tt2 purchase. But chord dacs are the only ones that fully adhere to the correct theoretical, scientific and engineering implementations if we are comparing to the true laws of physics. I don't know how else to put it because it's a fact. Only flaw means one flaw and that was the dave vs mTT2 argument which is really subjective as to which sounds best.

Chill dawg, relax and take in your new gear, as it only gets better with time, and you're still in shock mode, which lasts a good few months.

Seriously, 320kbps Radio 2 has never sounded so good.

Sep 20, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #7,038 of 18,895
Very good......:sweat:

Can it get better with time and how so??

Someone spent 3 times more or so on cables than gear/headphones. That's crazy.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #7,039 of 18,895

When new you're just getting used to how it sounds etc, once used to it, you expect it to always sound like it does, but even though, every now and then a certain song will play that will remind you just how good you have it.

For me it's come on eileen by dexys midnight runners.

Sep 20, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #7,040 of 18,895
Albums with you can test if your system is as articulate as you think. With hard to hear lyrics whispering singing thruought the albums. Do you hear every word.on these albums? TT2 should easily fix this?

John Soutworth-Miracle in the night
U.F.O.F-Big thief

Btw listening with Tidal 16 bit 44khz

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #7,041 of 18,895
81K3A5i3QmL._SY355_.jpg

Sep 20, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #7,042 of 18,895
Albums with you can test if your system is as articulate as you think. With hard to hear lyrics whispering singing thruought the albums. Do you hear every word.on these albums? TT2 should easily fix this?

John Soutworth-Miracle in the night
U.F.O.F-Big thief

Oh, Roger Waters Pro's and Con's of Hitchhiking, the entire album is supposed to be a dream state like story/poem and there is a crazy load of whispering in it, and it's hearable for me, slightly easier with the aeon flow closed than the hd800s.

Clapton plays the guitar on this album and it's like you can hear his fingerprints when he plucks dem strings.

Sep 20, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #7,045 of 18,895
When you get a new girlfriend Hooster sometimes you miss your ex.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019 at 4:58 AM Post #7,046 of 18,895
So used HMS for some time with Hugo 2 before Hugo 2 was replaced with tt2. I have experienced that the more transparent is dac , more extended it is on both extremes. Vocals with tt2 and HMS combo are ironed out to remove even the last bit of harshness.

Sep 21, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #7,047 of 18,895
Other dac chips are only approximations of this and that is why they sound off by comparison. Now i don't know what's going in the wider tech industry but at the moment only chord dacs are running to the real scientific and engineering boundaries and not artificially pushing them like you see so often in the high end audio world. Either chord is ahead of its time or the others are lagging and also lagging in the necessary understood theory to implement the digital to analogue conversion process in the truest sense. Finally if someone prefers the mp3 compressed sound then it's a free world but that is purely subjective and has nothing to do with pure science upon which chord dacs are ultimately built on.
Have you heard the competition and compared for yourself?, otherwise i wouldent asume that chord dacs are superior before i have heard similar dacs or streamers in same price range. I would only trust my ears. But yeah its probebly not easy to find a shop that lets you compare many different dacs/streamers at home.

This dac seems to have some uppsampling teqnique of there own. I wonder if its comparable to what the mscsler does?

https://www.psaudio.com/directstream-dac/

Sep 21, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #7,048 of 18,895

Someone spent 3 times more or so on cables than gear/headphones. That's crazy.
Its not about the money. For me its about how transparent your HP and HP amp is to let you hear the advatange of the better cable and i do hear it, so much more nuances and details in the music now compared to cheaper cables. I think my system is good enough for it to be worth it. Of course a Niimbus us4+ or Benchmark HPA 4 or better dac/steamer would probebly scale those cables even more. But i am happy with my system for now and have took it so far as i can or am willing, (almost), only ethernet cabels left which i read improves sound also but i think i go from generic ones to not to expensive cat8 supra,one 1m to router and one 5m to streamer ). You can read the user reviews saying it improves sound for some.

https://www.futureshop.co.uk/supra-cat8-flame-retardant-ethernet-cable#reviews

Whatever uppgrades i make in the future these cabels will serve me also.

Also i could say spending 5k on Mscaler seems crazy. I can think of tradeing my hugo2 for money in between for a TT2 though but would never buy an Mscaler but thats just me. I hope next generation have them built in.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #7,049 of 18,895
Have you heard the competition and compared for yourself?, otherwise i wouldent asume that chord dacs are superior before i have heard similar dacs or streamers in same price range. I would only trust my ears. But yeah its probebly not easy to find a shop that lets you compare many different dacs/streamers at home.

This dac seems to have some uppsampling teqnique of there own. I wonder if its comparable to what the mscsler does?

https://www.psaudio.com/directstream-dac/

He is just one person who is in love with Chord stuff for whatever reason. Here are some random facts.

1. PS Audio know what they are doing.

2. Chord makes good dacs and if you are happy with the price, build and ergonomics they are a great choice.

3. Many other companies make good dacs.

4. Buy what works for you.

Don't mind what one person in a forum says.

Sep 21, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #7,050 of 18,895
I've compared a vast number of top tier dacs over the years and for me at least chord is the most natural sounding of them all without doubt. Just as i respect the opinions of others i expect others to respect my opinions too and not criticise me for what i believe to be true.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back