1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by ChordElectronics, May 10, 2018.
First

Back
460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469
471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480
Next

Last
  1. musickid
    Did you spend way way more on cables than hardware components and headphones from your signature?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  2. Amberlamps
    Chill dawg, relax and take in your new gear, as it only gets better with time, and you're still in shock mode, which lasts a good few months.

Seriously, 320kbps Radio 2 has never sounded so good.

3. musickid
    Very good......:sweat:

Can it get better with time and how so??

Someone spent 3 times more or so on cables than gear/headphones. That's crazy.

4. Amberlamps
    When new you're just getting used to how it sounds etc, once used to it, you expect it to always sound like it does, but even though, every now and then a certain song will play that will remind you just how good you have it.

For me it's come on eileen by dexys midnight runners.

5. bluenight
    Albums with you can test if your system is as articulate as you think. With hard to hear lyrics whispering singing thruought the albums. Do you hear every word.on these albums? TT2 should easily fix this?

John Soutworth-Miracle in the night
    U.F.O.F-Big thief

Btw listening with Tidal 16 bit 44khz

6. musickid
    [​IMG]

JamieMcC likes this.
  7. Amberlamps
    Oh, Roger Waters Pro's and Con's of Hitchhiking, the entire album is supposed to be a dream state like story/poem and there is a crazy load of whispering in it, and it's hearable for me, slightly easier with the aeon flow closed than the hd800s.

Clapton plays the guitar on this album and it's like you can hear his fingerprints when he plucks dem strings.

JM1979 likes this.
  8. Hooster
    That is a hell of a statement considering the price of the TT2, I have to say...

9. Amberlamps

You took it too far MK, me saying their name was bad enough, but you posted their album cover :|

:wink:

musickid likes this.
  10. musickid
    When you get a new girlfriend Hooster sometimes you miss your ex.

11. rkt31
    So used HMS for some time with Hugo 2 before Hugo 2 was replaced with tt2. I have experienced that the more transparent is dac , more extended it is on both extremes. Vocals with tt2 and HMS combo are ironed out to remove even the last bit of harshness.

JM1979 likes this.
  12. bluenight
    Have you heard the competition and compared for yourself?, otherwise i wouldent asume that chord dacs are superior before i have heard similar dacs or streamers in same price range. I would only trust my ears. But yeah its probebly not easy to find a shop that lets you compare many different dacs/streamers at home.

This dac seems to have some uppsampling teqnique of there own. I wonder if its comparable to what the mscsler does?

https://www.psaudio.com/directstream-dac/

13. bluenight
    Its not about the money. For me its about how transparent your HP and HP amp is to let you hear the advatange of the better cable and i do hear it, so much more nuances and details in the music now compared to cheaper cables. I think my system is good enough for it to be worth it. Of course a Niimbus us4+ or Benchmark HPA 4 or better dac/steamer would probebly scale those cables even more. But i am happy with my system for now and have took it so far as i can or am willing, (almost), only ethernet cabels left which i read improves sound also but i think i go from generic ones to not to expensive cat8 supra,one 1m to router and one 5m to streamer ). You can read the user reviews saying it improves sound for some.

https://www.futureshop.co.uk/supra-cat8-flame-retardant-ethernet-cable#reviews

Whatever uppgrades i make in the future these cabels will serve me also.

Also i could say spending 5k on Mscaler seems crazy. I can think of tradeing my hugo2 for money in between for a TT2 though but would never buy an Mscaler but thats just me. I hope next generation have them built in.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    Hooster likes this.
  14. Hooster
    He is just one person who is in love with Chord stuff for whatever reason. Here are some random facts.

1. PS Audio know what they are doing.

2. Chord makes good dacs and if you are happy with the price, build and ergonomics they are a great choice.

3. Many other companies make good dacs.

4. Buy what works for you.

Don't mind what one person in a forum says.

JM1979 and bluenight like this.
  15. musickid
    I've compared a vast number of top tier dacs over the years and for me at least chord is the most natural sounding of them all without doubt. Just as i respect the opinions of others i expect others to respect my opinions too and not criticise me for what i believe to be true.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    bluenight likes this.
First

Back
460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469
471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480
Next

Last