Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Mar 8, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #4,816 of 18,895
i'm actually really enjoying the se846, bopping away to muddy waters. usually i listen with mojo and the improvement is clear. Its like the notes are cleaner, everything is cleaner and more precise, lots more depth and spaciousness.

i also listen with my hd800s, and they are much more immersive, i used to think, much richer, more obsorbing. but theres also a driven quality to the se 846. they say se846 is famous for bass, and so maybe is tt2, so together the drum kits are really sweet, the timbre differences between different pads etc.

I was listening all night with se846 and was happy enough, but the moment i put the hd800s on, the levels of realism jumped through the roof, listening to john lee hooker, singing "burning hell" album....

but still, mostly impressed with the sense of depth, se846 are very capable iems.

you know .... i could bring my tt2 to work lol.... why not !!!

instead of 'bring your child to work day' we could have 'bring your dac to work day\week\always' day.

Thanks so much for your opinion. I'll see if I can get some before my next flight and see which sound better on the plane, I'm thinking SE846 will let less noise in...

On a side note A&norma SR15 arrived copying music now...will give some impressions into TT 2
shortly.

slippery.gif

Man! BE CAREFUL that microSD goes flying if you aren't careful!

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #4,817 of 18,895
Thanks so much for your opinion. I'll see if I can get some before my next flight and see which sound better on the plane, I'm thinking SE846 will let less noise in...

On a side note A&norma SR15 arrived copying music now...will give some impressions into TT 2
shortly.

Man! BE CAREFUL that microSD goes flying if you aren't careful!
Yes with comply isolation tips, you’d be at maximum isolation, but also having a fine time - they’re my second favourite tips now.

Mar 8, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #4,818 of 18,895
"The first two filters of the Chord Hugo 2 are 256fs. Fs stands for the sample frequency. 256fs is considered to be a super high reference-style sampling frequency that can accurately reproduce pretty much any audio you’d want to play back perfectly, up to a 192kHz recorded sample rate.

The second two filters are 16fs which will give the audio a warmer tone overall, although doesn’t have the same preciseness of the 256fs filters."

Does this also apply to the filters on the Hugo TT2?

Mar 8, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #4,819 of 18,895
Ok, I'm having trouble playing the A&norma into the TT2. I can get it to play over Bluetooth but not with USB cable. Player says USB but no sound. I have a "On the Go" USB cable is this not going to work? I don't have a coax at all.

Ideas?

Mar 8, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #4,820 of 18,895
Mar 8, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #4,821 of 18,895
Ok, I'm having trouble playing the A&norma into the TT2. I can get it to play over Bluetooth but not with USB cable. Player says USB but no sound. I have a "On the Go" USB cable is this not going to work? I don't have a coax at all.

Ideas?

I haven't used the A&Norma but have an AK240... have you tapped the the USB icon in the settings? On the AK240 this activates the USB OTG feature. It's a pain because on the AK240 it needs to be pressed every time I turn it on. One more reason I prefer optical, which unfortunately the A&Norma does not have.

Edit: I circled the icon I need to activate for USB OTG. Again, I have no idea if it’s the same for the A&Norma but worth a shot.

595C05A5-6C3F-4CE6-80DA-D7DAA5BCE191.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #4,825 of 18,895
I am afraid is only marginal improvement , so it’s not worth for the money I have to pay for trade in.
Well, the level of improvement is ear and budget dependent. Unfortunately you are the only judge whether the upgrade is worth it to your ears and your wallet.

Mar 9, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #4,827 of 18,895
I haven't used the A&Norma but have an AK240... have you tapped the the USB icon in the settings? On the AK240 this activates the USB OTG feature. It's a pain because on the AK240 it needs to be pressed every time I turn it on. One more reason I prefer optical, which unfortunately the A&Norma does not have.

Edit: I circled the icon I need to activate for USB OTG. Again, I have no idea if it’s the same for the A&Norma but worth a shot.

It's actually going from this state

20190309_103540.jpg

To this one

20190309_103722.jpg

So it's recognized, it doesn't play into my WA8 either so I'm calling Astell & Kern. Why am I always the beta tester...

Mar 9, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #4,828 of 18,895
I am afraid is only marginal improvement , so it’s not worth for the money I have to pay for trade in.
Actually I think that is really worth it if you can afford. Apart from the higher audio resolution and more versatile unit, you get a one solution box capable of driving speakers and the lack of batteries makes it, more future proof then the first. You will have to compromise, the portability to a transport solution, bigger but more powerful.
I would say think twice and go forward if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back