Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Mar 9, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #4,832 of 18,886
^ No way would I buy used for £495 discount. Especially silver, it could of been P2Q’d
I think, one day, his tt2 will be worth money to a collector.

Mar 9, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #4,833 of 18,886
I am in the US and have had one on order for about 5 weeks. I am hoping to have it by the middle of March. I am not sure about other countries. It seems like there are non available here in the US and everyone is waiting. The waiting is so hard after you have heard the TT2 in action.

Same here in China. No deliver after January. Dealer has mentioned it will be available by mid March but they are not confident about it. So I guess its worldwide stock issue

OK thank you then.

Mar 10, 2019 at 4:40 AM Post #4,834 of 18,886
^ No way would I buy used for £495 discount. Especially silver, it could of been P2Q’d
I’ve just dropped it to £3,400 but it doesn’t pay me to go any lower given the fees I would have to pay and when set against the trade-in price I have already been offered against something else I want. My feedback history should reassure on whether or not it has been P2Q’d.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #4,835 of 18,886
It's actually going from this state

To this one

So it's recognized, it doesn't play into my WA8 either so I'm calling Astell & Kern. Why am I always the beta tester...

I have the sister Futura SE100 model. Make sure you have Hugo TT2 light on USB input, music playing, then try toggling both USB icons on and off until Hugo sample light comes on. Even though USB is lit up, it took.me a few toggles (of both internal and external icons) for it to jump into action

Mar 10, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #4,836 of 18,886
Dilemma. First of all does anyone with experience of the oppo pm1 think it will show off the full qualities of a tt2/hms system? I'm running them with my h2/hms right now with excellent results however i'm concerned if i upgrade to a tt2 the pm1 may no longer have the capability to scale up and be resolving enough for tt2/hms. The point here is that i may be able to afford the tt2 trading my h2 in but there is no way i could also afford a headphone upgrade for some while.

The pm1 is excellent and i can hear clear differences with passthru on hms but i'm still questioning how it would perform with tt2/hms. Obviously i want a headphone that shows me what the tt2/hms can really do. I'm sitting on the fence with this. Can anyone advise? Some say yes to the resolving powers of the pm1 and some say it clearly has its limits. With the cash in place i feel like going for the tt2 rather than a new headphone but then i find myself stuck with the situation as described above. A bit of a catch 22. Auditioning for real is very difficult. The pm1 is a £1100 planar now not widely available anymore.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #4,837 of 18,886
Dilemma. First of all does anyone with experience of the oppo pm1 think it will show off the full qualities of a tt2/hms system? I'm running them with my h2/hms right now with excellent results however i'm concerned if i upgrade to a tt2 the pm1 may no longer have the capability to scale up and be resolving enough for tt2/hms. The point here is that i may be able to afford the tt2 trading my h2 in but there is no way i could also afford a headphone upgrade for some while.

The pm1 is excellent and i can hear clear differences with passthru on hms but i'm still questioning how it would perform with tt2/hms. Obviously i want a headphone that shows me what the tt2/hms can really do. I'm sitting on the fence with this. Can anyone advise? Some say yes to the resolving powers of the pm1 and some say it clearly has its limits. With the cash in place i feel like going for the tt2 rather than a new headphone but then i find myself stuck with the situation as described above. A bit of a catch 22. Auditioning for real is very difficult. The pm1 is a £1100 planar now not widely available.
What headphones are you thinking about?

Mar 10, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #4,838 of 18,886

The pm1 is excellent and i can hear clear differences with passthru on hms but i'm still questioning how it would perform with tt2/hms. Obviously i want a headphone that shows me what the tt2/hms can really do. I'm sitting on the fence with this. Can anyone advise? Some say yes to the resolving powers of the pm1 and some say it clearly has its limits. With the cash in place i feel like going for the tt2 rather than a new headphone but then i find myself stuck with the situation as described above. A bit of a catch 22. Auditioning for real is very difficult. The pm1 is a £1100 planar now not widely available.

Auditioning PM1 with Hugo's i thought the drummer had fallen asleep! Very, detailed, relaxing, but no get up and go when required. Cymbals so soft, and unrealistic but then we all hear differently and have different tastes. As allrounders with Chord gear, I think Mr Speakers range superb. Ether Closed or Ether Flow my favourites.

EDIT - sorry talking about the cheaper OPPO planars.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #4,839 of 18,886
Thinking of using my pm1 with tt2/hms. There was another headfier using pm1 (on the right below) with a dave and a £4500 masskobo headphone amp...pic attached. The question is will my pm1 do the tt2/hms full justice?

8778730_thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #4,841 of 18,886
Thinking of using my pm1 with tt2/hms. There was another headfier using pm1 (on the right below) with a dave and a £4500 masskobo headphone amp...pic attached. The question is will my pm1 do the tt2/hms full justice?

8778730_thumb.jpg

Hey MK, did you pull the trigger on a TT2 ? I’ve been awol for a week or so and I haven’t read the forums much this last week and I’m just catching up now.

Mar 10, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #4,842 of 18,886
I think, one day, his tt2 will be worth money to a collector.

Yup, add a new serial number and after it’s been fixed, it will be worth exactly £3995, to collectors.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #4,843 of 18,886
Yup, add a new serial number and after it’s been fixed, it will be worth exactly £3995, to collectors.

'One celebrity owner' as they say with cars!

Mar 10, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #4,845 of 18,886

The pm1 is excellent and i can hear clear differences with passthru on hms but i'm still questioning how it would perform with tt2/hms. Obviously i want a headphone that shows me what the tt2/hms can really do. I'm sitting on the fence with this. Can anyone advise? Some say yes to the resolving powers of the pm1 and some say it clearly has its limits. With the cash in place i feel like going for the tt2 rather than a new headphone but then i find myself stuck with the situation as described above. A bit of a catch 22. Auditioning for real is very difficult. The pm1 is a £1100 planar now not widely available anymore.

Hi musickid, I’m nearly there with your request. I have the Naim Core supplying digital to my tt2 and my non electrostatic headphone collection is hd800s, lcd2 and pm2’s. As you can see I don’t have HMS yet although it is something I will audition in the future.

Although I only have the pm2’s I did audition the pm1’s in my system at the same time and couldn’t discern any difference. Hence why I have pm2’s! Anyway’s getting back to your query I personally think you could improve things just by auditioning other headphones. To my ears both my other headphones easily trump the pm2’s, more so the hd800s, and with a HMS in the system maybe even doubly so!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back