Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Feb 14, 2019 at 12:38 AM Post #4,472 of 18,905
I clearly missed something here...

What you missed was him telling someone (not me, and I will not mention who) that he was going to kill him and terrorise his family, and that he wanted to meet up for a fight.

That was all done via the pm system, said person showed the abusive messages to the admins and that was the end of Paul.

Also supervisor was correct, he came back after he was banned.

Feb 14, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #4,473 of 18,905
It's not like they can make an unlimited number of units. They're made in England in small batches, not cranked out of a city size manufacturer in China by the thousands or something.

I completely understand the "Chord" manufacturing end of this issue. I don't understand after units started shipping, over here being told one thing then it changes and now its mid March...

Feb 14, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #4,475 of 18,905
If you look at the circuit board it’s chock full of really expensive looking components on a automated surface mount board not to mention the billet block of what appears to be aerospace grade aluminum the the C&C machines have to carve . I would speculate they are capable of running smaller production batches based on demand. That way they don’t find themselves with excess parts and finished units. I have no idea if this is part of the hold up or none of it but it’s fun to speculate . I was told 10 days by my retailer and it wound up being 3 months . Hopefully it won’t be half that bad for future early adopters as it is quite “uncomfortable”...

Feb 14, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #4,477 of 18,905
I must have really lucked out. Justin at HeadAmp had the TT2 and M Scaler in stock right when I inquired and I managed to get them shipped that next day.

Feb 14, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #4,478 of 18,905
I must have really lucked out. Justin at HeadAmp had the TT2 and M Scaler in stock right when I inquired and I managed to get them shipped that next day.

Silver or black? So Chord builds their products based on distributor orders?

Feb 14, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #4,479 of 18,905
Silver or black? So Chord builds their products based on distributor orders?

Black:

0.jpg

Feb 14, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #4,480 of 18,905
Maybe John Franks @Mojo ideas can enlighten us on how long it takes to make a TT 2 from start to finish now I am real curious.

Feb 14, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #4,481 of 18,905
Nice!
Ordered a black one 5 min ago.
Have the Mojo Poly but although I loved the sound, the complete package wasnt working for me. For sale when the TT2’s arrives.
I’m a streamer guy so looking for a nice streamer bridge, Aurender looks nice and the app seems fine.
Any experience with these or better alternatives?

Feb 14, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #4,482 of 18,905
If you look at the circuit board it’s chock full of really expensive looking components on a automated surface mount board not to mention the billet block of what appears to be aerospace grade aluminum the the C&C machines have to carve . I would speculate they are capable of running smaller production batches based on demand. That way they don’t find themselves with excess parts and finished units. I have no idea if this is part of the hold up or none of it but it’s fun to speculate . I was told 10 days by my retailer and it wound up being 3 months . Hopefully it won’t be half that bad for future early adopters as it is quite “uncomfortable”...

As far as I’m aware, if you can’t get one from a dealer in the UK today, I know you may not be in the UK, I’m just going by what I’ve been told and heard.

If you can’t get one from a dealer right now, then it’s roughly a 4 week wait after your order has been placed. First come first served is how Chord rolls, America just happened to be the last folk to place an order.

Switzerland and Australia mate beat ya’s and that’s a straight up What mate!

Feb 14, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #4,483 of 18,905
As far as I’m aware, if you can’t get one from a dealer in the UK today, I know you may not be in the UK, I’m just going by what I’ve been told and heard.

If you can’t get one from a dealer right now, then it’s roughly a 4 week wait after your order has been placed. First come first served is how Chord rolls, America just happened to be the last folk to place an order.

Switzerland and Australia mate beat ya’s and that’s a straight up What mate!
Not sure I get your intensity on the matter . I got mine . Just took forever . Hoping others can gain from my experience as far as time line from order to delivery here in the us . Nothing more .

Feb 14, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #4,484 of 18,905
God forbid anyone puts a L shaped plug into TT2’s 3.5mm port, it’s very hard to get back out, same with 6.3 to 3.5mm adapters.

Thats the one flaw that I can honestly say that I have with TT2, the 3.5mm port was not thought out properly, it should of been similar to the bigger ports or dare I say, flush with the case.

I put a L shaped cable/plug into it’s 3.5mm port, took me f’kin ages to get it back out, I did similar with the bigger ports with a 6.3 - 3.5mm adapter, I went to unplug it and the cable came out of the adapter and my fingers couldn’t get a grasp of the now imbeded adapter.

I think these obvious flaws should be redesigned for TT3, I think the 3 ports should all be flush with the case instead.

Feb 14, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #4,485 of 18,905
Not sure I get your intensity on the matter . I got mine . Just took forever . Hoping others can gain from my experience as far as time line from order to delivery here in the us . Nothing more .

No intensity, just passing on what I was told in december.

If you mean the Oz part, you must admit, for them to get theirs basically before the US is weird, they normally get everything a year after the rest of the world. I know asia is a big, probably chords biggest market but, if we just focus on Oz, how many chord users are there compared to america ?

Bluebird didnt just drop the ball, they kicked it out of the park and lost it.

Some us folk still haven’t got their gear and they pre’ordered way back in like august of last year. Things like this can cost chord money, as folk might ask for refunds and buy something else during their 6 month preorder.

Edit.

The mate part, that wasn’t aimed at you, I was just copying Oz language, g’day mate, mate mate mate etc etc. Neighbours tv series has alot to answer for.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back