Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Feb 12, 2019 at 8:46 PM Post #4,456 of 18,905
I'm still confused why there's such a mystery at this point especially since there have been some TT2 deliveries in North America

It's a limited supply type of thing. I think most dealers only got like 1 set in for the first batch.

Feb 13, 2019 at 1:29 AM Post #4,459 of 18,905
I have been trying to wrap my ears around the nature of the upgrade from the Hugo 2 to the tt2. A lot of people comment about the highs being bright . That’s not what I’m hearing . To my ears the highs are a bit neutral whereas the Hugo 2 the highs are more forward which I like as I listen to pop and work in those genres . The tt2 highs have this solid flavor I have only heard in mega buck rigs. It’s not hyped in any way whatsoever. This took some adjusting for me and burn in (I built new Cardas rca’s )until the highs started to congeal . Maybe it’s the noise shaping or more horsepower but the tt2 highs are sublime . The clarity and palpable nature of the highs is truly where the money went for me. Bass is great (if not a bit big-awesome for bass intensive program like trap or electronic) but it’s the highs that are blowing my mind .The highs are effortless yet palpable. Usually palpable can sound etched (fine by me by the way) but that’s not this boxes game. I have never heard highs this solid but relaxed at the same time . This intense resolving quality has a cascading effect on the rest of the mix including killer phantom imaging and 3 dimensional sounding ambience and reverb/delay tails . I can hear super minute mix and adsr envelope micro details that I certainly could not hear in the Hugo 2. That said , if you are listining to crap low res compressed material or badly mixed music this might not be for you . If utmost clarity and lightning fast transient response is your game with non compressed (or hi res where applicable) media than this has got to be on your short list .
I have found the optical to be better than usb for tidal streaming and quality cables are a must at this level . I really didn’t like the way the usb sounded streaming from the desk top app but rely on my AK320 as source via toslink optical . It just sounds more correct . In short if your source isn’t excellent it can effect the clarity that is this things signature dish.
All the other upgrades are there as previously mentioned . Fantastic transient definition . Source point accuracy across the stereo field is rock solid and damn if the balanced out does sound a we bit less believable (could be just because @Rob Watts says so but I think I can hear it too).
It’s damn near perfect ...I believe feeding this monster with the full 1m taps has got to be “transformational”...

^^This is exactly what I heard when I did a head to head comparison vs Hugo 2. Those solid and confident highs are the biggest difference. I too have only heard highs like that on insanity level 2 channel systems. Dave’s highs are definitely more effortless and transparent, but TT2’s highs feel more solid, sure-footed, and controlled. It’s hard to explain but it’s addicting once you hear it.

Feb 13, 2019 at 1:33 AM Post #4,460 of 18,905
The mids seem almost identical to the Hugo 2. Just more realistic and blended with highs and mid lows .rather seamless . Testament to chord getting the mids right the first time with Hugo 2.
This is also very accurate about the mids vs Hugo 2. TT2 has the slightest bit more focus in the mids and the bass kicks a little harder but tighter. I’m ordering mine this week, then the wait :frowning2:

Feb 13, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #4,463 of 18,905
It's a limited supply type of thing. I think most dealers only got like 1 set in for the first batch.

That makes no sense, something is amuck.

Feb 13, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #4,464 of 18,905
That makes no sense, something is amuck.

It's not like they can make an unlimited number of units. They're made in England in small batches, not cranked out of a city size manufacturer in China by the thousands or something.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #4,467 of 18,905
Me too, he was fun. Looks like he is gone.

Last I heard, he was messaging folk and asking demanding their participation in,

728A8B01-D797-42FB-B80F-EB30E25DDD7D.jpeg

Then Boom Headshot.

520AD59F-35A4-485F-907E-EEAAF568A97F.jpeg

Feb 13, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #4,468 of 18,905
^^This is exactly what I heard when I did a head to head comparison vs Hugo 2. Those solid and confident highs are the biggest difference. I too have only heard highs like that on insanity level 2 channel systems. Dave’s highs are definitely more effortless and transparent, but TT2’s highs feel more solid, sure-footed, and controlled. It’s hard to explain but it’s addicting once you hear it.

An-empty-wallet.jpg

DAMN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back