Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Dec 31, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #3,737 of 18,905
I worked out why I get two different results. This link shows the two different cables, under the section on XLR cables. https://www.atlascables.com/products-interconnects-analogue.html

One cable is called: Hyper dd XLR, and the other called Hyper dd XLR - Z Plug.

For some reason my IE11 is only showing one of the two pages whichever link I open. Firefox shows both links as individual, and the separate products.

Either way, good find @ZappaMan .

The Atlas Cable is now on the Futureshops website

https://www.futureshop.co.uk/atlas-hyper-3-5-xlr-hybrid-speaker-cable-for-hugo-tt-2

The cable is, as I thought, Hyper 3.5 speaker cable not Hyper DD interconnect cable as it is described on the Atlas website.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #3,738 of 18,905
The Atlas Cable is now on the Futureshops website

https://www.futureshop.co.uk/atlas-hyper-3-5-xlr-hybrid-speaker-cable-for-hugo-tt-2

The cable is, as i thought, Hyper 3.5 speaker cable not Hyper DD interconnect cable as it is described on the Atlas website.

It does look like an excellent TT/TT2 solution. Also the Hyper DD might be coming out soon. (It is listed as new, on the Atlas website.)

Atlas make some well recommended cables. However I am still wary. I will be looking for reviews on Hyper 3.5 now, and if there are good positive reviews, I think I would buy that. Either that, or feedback from someone who is prepared to risk it. I just calculated and a two meter pair would be just over £400, which is good value if the cable reviews well.

(Looking at a 2m pair of QED Supremus (which I want) would cost £860, and I would have to build an adapter. Honestly surprised I have not already bought some. I think I was just waiting on for more reviews additional to the HiFi Plus one which is online. Then HiFi News reviewed and loved Supremus. Then I forgot all about it. It's got to be done though. I will get more performance from my Hugo 2/amp/speakers already. Then as I am looking at TT2 it will reap benefit then.)

The Atlas cable is nicely priced, and if it performs! Like if I bought Supremus, and modded it XLR, then bought another DAC later. I'd have to mod it back. Unless I built adapters from some more Supremus. Big risk on £1000 total in cables. Whereas the Atlas is a good price, and no problem, if you move on from TT2. Probably easy to sell.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #3,739 of 18,905
By the way to anyone looking at these cables. I figured out that the:

Hyper dd XLR; is an XLR which runs to XLR.

Only the; Hyper dd XLR - Z Plug - and now the (Hyper 3.5 XLR hybrid speaker cable) are XLR to z-plug (speaker plug).

(I was trying to figure it out earlier and gave wrong information.) I need to calm down, because I am seriously buzzing, thinking about these cables being perfect for TT2.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #3,740 of 18,905
By the way to anyone looking at these cables. I figured out that the:

Hyper dd XLR; is an XLR which runs to XLR.

Only the; Hyper dd XLR - Z Plug - and now the (Hyper 3.5 XLR hybrid speaker cable) are XLR to z-plug (speaker plug).

(I was trying to figure it out earlier and gave wrong information.) I need to calm down, because I am seriously buzzing, thinking about these cables being perfect for TT2.

There will only be a definitive answer when Atlas reopen in the New Year but my opnion is that the Atlas website is in error describing the cable for TT2 as Hyper DD This is the cable they make specifically for analogue interconnects, not for connecting speakers. I apologise in advance if I am wrong.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #3,741 of 18,905
Not sure. I thought the reason why the Hyper dd XLR - Z Plug was listed under interconnects, was because they could not list it as speaker cable. It might confuse other shoppers, as it's a TT/TT2 specific cable.

Dec 31, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #3,742 of 18,905
Not sure. I thought the reason why the Hyper dd XLR - Z Plug was listed under interconnects, was because they could not list it as speaker cable. It might confuse other shoppers, as it's a TT/TT2 specific cable.

If you order any of these don’t forget to make sure you get the pin connections connected the way round that you want. They don’t seem to say what their default wiring option is.

Dec 31, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #3,744 of 18,905
I'm after some advice... I could keep my Rel s5 sho and get the focal aria 948 and trade in my speakers and Meze Empyrean headphones or keep my headphones and trade in my Rel sub and speakers and get the focal 936, now this isn't off topic as I'm interested how the hugo TT 2 will drive them

Dec 31, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #3,746 of 18,905
I'm after some advice... I could keep my Rel s5 sho and get the focal aria 948 and trade in my speakers and Meze Empyrean headphones or keep my headphones and trade in my Rel sub and speakers and get the focal 936, now this isn't off topic as I'm interested how the hugo TT 2 will drive them

I thought you loved your Empyrean’s. Have you even had them long enough to get the full measure? It’s your hobby, but maybe settling in with a system for at least 6 months or so would help put things in perspective and you could swap in one component at a time to see how it changes things. Just a thought.

Dec 31, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #3,748 of 18,905
I thought you loved your Empyrean’s. Have you even had them long enough to get the full measure? It’s your hobby, but maybe settling in with a system for at least 6 months or so would help put things in perspective and you could swap in one component at a time to see how it changes things. Just a thought.
I've listened to my Meze audio Empyrean headphones for about 5 mins so no not given them chance but I so love my Rel sub and love the look of the 948

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #3,750 of 18,905
I've listened to my Meze audio Empyrean headphones for about 5 mins so no not given them chance but I so love my Rel sub and love the look of the 948

Why not wait for a while, save up and then buy the speakers? Especially if you now have a job. That is if you are enjoying the Empyrean of course. Also, you could sell the Empyrean privately very easily vs. Part exchange where you take a massive hit financially usually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back