Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Dec 29, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #3,723 of 18,907
I once spent a whole afternoon at Black Rhodium in the UK listening to all the speaker cables they make. When I left I was utterly convinced that speaker cables can make a big difference.

However the biggest thing that I learned was to do whatever you can / have to in order to get the speaker cables as short as possible. This makes an enormous difference.

The next thing I learned was that thickness is important. The best cables in that day were 12mm2 cross section and were 1m long.

For anyone looking at speaker cable I would add Black Rhodium to the list. They are good value and are also well reviewed.
Was there a particular black rhodium cable that you liked ?

Dec 29, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #3,725 of 18,907
I've worked all my life since I was sixteen years of age and this is the first Christmas I've been out of work but it's been the most productive
M scaler, Hugo TT 2 Meze audio Empyrean headphones new car and now the focal aria speakers

Dec 29, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #3,728 of 18,907
were the cables made specifically for the tt2? that is the question....

Dec 30, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #3,732 of 18,907
I just hope next year is a better year for me... Dave, Focal Sopra 1 etc

Fingers crossed that you win your PIP benefits tribunal, the back dated money should pay for all those and more.

I’m jealous :frowning2:

Dec 30, 2018 at 4:58 AM Post #3,734 of 18,907
also is there any difference in sq for black vs silver ? someone said silver may be a bit quieter due to extra layer of aluminium paint .

And that is the power of internet and where even Head-Fi is not immune from fake news. That was just a silly post done in a jocular manner and from a source that has posted all sorts of spurious things that mostly need to be taken with a huge pinch of salt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back