Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Nov 21, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #2,746 of 18,907
Are you getting your pre-oredered Hugo TT 2s? I’m still waiting for mine, it has not been shipped from Chord UK to Czech Republic yet, from where I pre-ordered it. I’m wondering if demand is so high or if there is any issue within production.

This waiting is killing me. I know.. 1st world problem, but anyway...
I'm sure it won't be long mate and worth the wait

Nov 21, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #2,749 of 18,907
I do, no problems compared with being separated.
OK mate that's great thanks, I've got a hi-fi rack with extra tiers but I was hoping to use my audiophile starbase rack for sound quality but I'm not sure if it's a flat surface it would make much difference with Rob watts products as they seem immune to outside interference

Nov 21, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #2,750 of 18,907
I'm going to fit and solder the xlr connectors myself so I can drive my speakers direct, now is it number 2 pin hot for positive and number 3 pin cold for negative for plugging into the hugo TT 2 and just leave pin number 1 ground

Nov 22, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #2,751 of 18,907
At the risk of making Paul throw up, I have to say that I too find the HMS effect very subtle. For me, there is absolutely nothing “in your face” about it. I can tell you that I find this really disappointing and frustrating! The TT2 sounds great with my LCD-4s but in all honesty I could easily live without HMS. I don’t know, could it be that there’s something wrong with mine, or is it just my getting-on-a-bit ears that are past their prime? I’m not sure how to find out....

No its not you, i found out myself that the headphones make 85% or more of the sound in a typical 3 way set up (DAC/AMP/Headphone) not including source file quality. the diferences are better noticed over time, thats the only way i could hear improvements with Mojo and Hugo2. when compared quickly with AB its very hard to tell and ends up in frustration.

I found that Mojo is warm, i swear it has a mid bass bloom, slower, thicker sounding and "rolled off" upper treble but smooth and musical sounding.

Hugo2 is leaner, faster, brighter and more detailed but doesnt really have its own tonality like Mojo so i would just call it a transparent source thats detailed and precise.

These differences to me though are not night and day they are very slight differences (anything up to about 10%) picked up on when used over time and then suddenly trying something different. I did tests using Focal Clear, IE800S, HD650, K712. Headphones absolutely make massive difference in sound in comparison.

I dont want to knock Robs work its obvious from all the, events, measurements and dedication talking to people on the forum that he works hard on making world class DACs but i have to be honest with myself when i say i find the differences are quite small.

Nov 22, 2018 at 1:51 AM Post #2,752 of 18,907
Correction to this post that I wrote earlier and hope not to put anyone off the Mojo. I effectively wrote that I had on occasion heard a little boomy-ness with Mojo. After rethinking I can not be sure it was the Mojo. It may have been partnering kit. Also I had read other folk reporting a slight boomy-ness with Mojo, and I guess I got carried along with that. (Feel a fool now.) I honestly can not be sure. In general I found the Mojo bass exceptional, and tight as a drum. However I clearly remember a slight boomy-ness once or twice. Not sure why, or if it was my partnering kit. Or that my speakers are on foam on a desk. It would not be unreasonable to find the Hugo 2 bass more accurate and solid though. Anyway previous post corrected.

Yes I hear it on mine but i actually think its a good thing for cheaper thin and brittle sounding iems and headphones but when used with high end headphones it becomes a preference and come across as i bit muddy/boomy at times to me.

(My last post about Mojo in this thread)

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 3:52 AM Post #2,753 of 18,907
I'm going to fit and solder the xlr connectors myself so I can drive my speakers direct, now is it number 2 pin hot for positive and number 3 pin cold for negative for plugging into the hugo TT 2 and just leave pin number 1 ground
Pin 1 (ground) to the negative speaker, Pin 2 to positive. For those interested, those awesome guys at Ghent Audio are making me up a 5m Canare 4S8 Star Quad 4 x 16awg with Neutrik female XLR plugs for £85 for the pair, price includes shipping. If anyone knows their work you will see why this is such a great deal. They will make anything up for you and at their prices it is not worth my while to do my own.

Nov 22, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #2,754 of 18,907
Yes I hear it on mine but i actually think its a good thing for cheaper thin and brittle sounding iems and headphones but when used with high end headphones it becomes a preference and come across as i bit muddy/boomy at times to me.

(My last post about Mojo in this thread)
I'll be honest I think it was night and day difference between the hugo 2 and the hugo TT 2

Nov 22, 2018 at 3:56 AM Post #2,755 of 18,907
Pin 1 (ground) to the negative speaker, Pin 2 to positive. For those interested, those awesome guys at Ghent Audio are making me up a 5m Canare 4S8 Star Quad 4 x 16awg with Neutrik female XLR plugs for £85 for the pair, price includes shipping. If anyone knows their work you will see why this is such a great deal. They will make anything up for you and at their prices it is not worth my while to do my own.
Pin 1 ground for negative is that 100% ?

Nov 22, 2018 at 4:30 AM Post #2,759 of 18,907
I posted this on the HMS thread and forgot to post here. Due to an unexpected and extremely large bill I am forced to sell my black TT2 and HMS. Please pm me if you are about to pull the trigger as I could save you a few hundred quid. The units are ten days old, and as I haven't registered them will carry the guarantee. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back