Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Nov 22, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #2,776 of 18,991
Yes for the higher voltage output.

If anyone has high sensitivity speakers they might want to use the highest quality output which is the SE output ie pin 1 and 2 as suggested by Rob.

The higher (balanced) output voltage (pins 2 and 3) has an extra amplifier stage to achieve that and hence why the SE output might be viewed as being better if it is sufficient to drive the speakers.
OK Triode that's brilliant thank you, I'm connecting my Rel sub as well so I think I will need the extra voltage

Nov 22, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #2,777 of 18,991
Chord are now going to check with Rob. I have told Ghent to stop making my cables until we get this resolved. I am really glad that you brought up this subject today. I would now put my money on pin 2 positive and pin 3 negative but there are certainly very expensive cables out there connected the other way.

@Rob Watts can you chime in perhaps so they get it from the horses mouth?

Nov 22, 2018 at 7:27 AM Post #2,778 of 18,991
Chord are now going to check with Rob. I have told Ghent to stop making my cables until we get this resolved. I am really glad that you brought up this subject today. I would now put my money on pin 2 positive and pin 3 negative but there are certainly very expensive cables out there connected the other way.

I am sure we are going to be very interested to know what the definitive answer is. I don't know what else @plinth could have done having spoken to Matthew at Chord.. If it had been me I would have accepted his answer without question.

Nov 22, 2018 at 8:04 AM Post #2,779 of 18,991
I've done the connections and not bothered with the ground..got no sound and a funny burning smell ita9guthrk4vnxl6rily.png

Nov 22, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #2,780 of 18,991
I've done the connections and not bothered with the ground..got no sound and a funny burning smell

I like your style and sense of humour.

Was it worth sacrificing the lava lamp for that?

Nov 22, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #2,781 of 18,991
Err face it you are bored

Nov 22, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #2,783 of 18,991
I did phone chord up before and I've also asked Rob watts as well, I don't see a need for ground for the speaker but not sure if the Hugo TT 2 needs a ground
Thanks again to all of you who saved me from having the cables made up wrongly. Sorry especially as I gave P2Q the wrong advice. I actually pushed back when I first go the answer as it did not make sense but I went with it when they confirmed it. I am kicking myself as if I had actually stopped to think about it it should have been obvious. Chord could not use a non-standard wiring as it could be going into another amp (or more normally for me an energiser for my Stax).

Nov 22, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #2,784 of 18,991
I've had a reply back from Rob watts and it's exactly what Triode has said,Nice one Triode

No problems. I try only to post if I am sure of what I am saying but I appreciate that sometimes people need the reassurance of hearing it from The Boss.

Nov 22, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #2,786 of 18,991
I placed my order - in the UK - at the start of October, for a black one & still don't have a date. Is this par for the course, or - as my wife insists - is it my bad karma ? FWIW, FutureShop have them as of this morning, although that's probably because they buy without firm orders, knowing they will shift them.

Nov 22, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #2,787 of 18,991
Best buy has chord gear in europe? wow. Course follow the money but its still specialty gear in canada, fortunately i guess

Nov 22, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #2,788 of 18,991
Nov 22, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #2,789 of 18,991
I placed my order - in the UK - at the start of October, for a black one & still don't have a date. Is this par for the course, or - as my wife insists - is it my bad karma ? FWIW, FutureShop have them as of this morning, although that's probably because they buy without firm orders, knowing they will shift them.
Hi SCOTTY1, I placed my order for a black one in September and it’s arrived today at the shop. They are not sure if it’s the demo unit they ordered or the one ordered for me, but it’s got my name on it! They are coming over to instal Wednesday. Happy days.

Nov 22, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #2,790 of 18,991
I heard more black available at the end of November in the uk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back