Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Aug 23, 2018 at 4:34 AM Post #1,592 of 18,907
Aug 23, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #1,593 of 18,907
Last edited:
Aug 25, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #1,594 of 18,907
Reposting in tt2 forum. I currently use a tt with a gsx mk2 and lcd-4s with balanced xlr connectors. What is the power rating of the tt2 vs tt vs gsx mk2 both balanced and unbalanced. Wondering if I won’t need the gsx mk2 if I upgrade to the tt2. Also can you run headphones balanced with xlr connectors? I have read the 2 is balanced but the front just has the regular headphone jacks. Thanks

Aug 25, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #1,595 of 18,907
Reposting in tt2 forum. I currently use a tt with a gsx mk2 and lcd-4s with balanced xlr connectors. What is the power rating of the tt2 vs tt vs gsx mk2 both balanced and unbalanced. Wondering if I won’t need the gsx mk2 if I upgrade to the tt2. Also can you run headphones balanced with xlr connectors? I have read the 2 is balanced but the front just has the regular headphone jacks. Thanks

So if I’m reading it right the gsx mk2 is 6 watts balanced vs the tt2 is 7.3 unbalanced so if I go from the former to the later set up I’m gaining power so tt2 should be fine driving the lcd-4s? But I’m running the gsx mk2 on high gain. Not sure how that effects this and if the tt2 has gain settings?

Aug 25, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #1,596 of 18,907
The TT2 will drive your Audeze with complete authority and control.

Aug 25, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #1,597 of 18,907
Yeah the amp section ought to significantly add to the cost. Beastly amp that I'm not even going to make use of. I sure would like a model without the hardcore amplification, if indeed it'd reduce the price a lot.

I figure those who were ok with ~$4500 on the TT would be willing to go up to $5400 for the TT 2. Otherwise there is always the Hugo 2.

Be careful because people might begin to think that you are in the trade!

P.S. However I just looked into your profile and you seem to be hook-ed, lin-ed and sinker-ed! :smile_phones:

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #1,598 of 18,907
So if I’m reading it right the gsx mk2 is 6 watts balanced vs the tt2 is 7.3 unbalanced so if I go from the former to the later set up I’m gaining power so tt2 should be fine driving the lcd-4s? But I’m running the gsx mk2 on high gain. Not sure how that effects this and if the tt2 has gain settings?

Yeah you'll want to see gain values available for the TT 2. The LCD-4 is not terribly amp picky though.

Be careful because people might begin to think that you are in the trade!

P.S. However I just looked into your profile and you seem to be hook-ed, lin-ed and sinker-ed! :smile_phones:

Haha, with individual brands offering such unique sounding products, it is unfortunately possible to get hooked on one. In fact, I have been not just for DACs, but also headphones and one headphone amp designer; Stax headphones and Kevin Gilmore designed amps.

Aug 25, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #1,599 of 18,907
This question is a bit early, but any harm potentially of leaving TT 2 on all the time like the Qutest? I thought I saw it needs to warm up 30+ minutes. Some days that may be all I get of uninterrupted listening time

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #1,600 of 18,907
This question is a bit early, but any harm potentially of leaving TT 2 on all the time like the Qutest? I thought I saw it needs to warm up 30+ minutes. Some days that may be all I get of uninterrupted listening time
no warm up needed but do whatever you like, i leave mine on with my pre amp. only turn off on vacation.

Aug 26, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #1,601 of 18,907
still would love a TT comparison to TT2? maybe by fall or next spring....

Aug 26, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #1,602 of 18,907
still would love a TT comparison to TT2? maybe by fall or next spring....

We're gonna need the TT 2 to release first haha. I expect a huge improvement much like Hugo 2 vs Hugo.

Also let me just repost this photo from Headfonia to whet everyone's appetite.

Chord-Hugo-TT2-2.jpg

I think Chord DACs are by far the coolest looking, particularly the Hugo 2 and above. All Chord products have an excellent style really.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #1,603 of 18,907
Those who had a chance to see TT 2 at canjam what changes color of the volume ball? I've seen it blue, green and red, sample rate of track or a setting change?

Aug 27, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #1,605 of 18,907
C’mon @Rob Watts

This thread and the other one is working me up.

Just release them already as the dude has already got my money, and the ADHD that I don’t have is starting to bug me and everytime I read this or the other thread, I keep squeezing my legs together like I am ready to go pee pee.

You must have atleast one spare TT2 and MScaler that I can get a shot of in the mean time ? I promise, I will give you all a glowing review and also a reference if you ever need to look for another job. Never say never, brexit is next year.

Ok, Bank holiday monday is now kaput, fullsteam ahead please, I would like to have my tt2 and ms so that I can listen to david cameron and co’s stoning in glorious HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back