Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Aug 1, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #181 of 18,448
The mojo is great just check all the effort poly users are going to. No one is better than anyone else as far as i see things.

Aug 1, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #182 of 18,448
Rob, I thank you for your work on musical DACs, for instance I find your crossover function in my H2 fantastic.

Maybe, aside from marketing and strategy concerns, you can give some future directions:

Are there plans to produce a portable Hugo X Scaler in the foreseeable future? Is the circuit board inside the HMS small enough to be extracted and made portable by a capable end user (similar to Hugo TT and a Hugo 1 like board inside)? Is there a FPGA chip in sight that would allow for a portable Scaler or will it take years from now? Projecting future developments adds to the high customer satisfaction.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #185 of 18,448
Mm...that is what the Hugo TT2, TT and standalone M Scaler are for. They are self-contained and designed for off-grid listening. Have great sound, will travel on planes, trains and automobiles. Wards off boredom, crying babies, talkative tourists, engine noise etc. etc. etc.

What topflight headphones have you (anyone?) listened to using the M Scaler? The Aeon Closed is fine, I guess but the TT2/M Scaler deserves a proper pairing, considering the considerable investment. HD 800/S, 820, Utopia, Abyss, LCD 4, Stax etc. Using lesser headphones is a crime against humanity. Curious.
Excuse me the Mr speakers Aeon is a fantastic headphone, the open version is just stunning to listen too, better than the focal clear I had before to my ears

Aug 1, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #186 of 18,448
Excuse me the Mr speakers Aeon is a fantastic headphone, the open version is just stunning to listen too, better than the focal clear I had before to my ears
Rob Watts states that his preference is the Aeon closed is fantastic when he is travelling.
I have never tried any of the Mr Speakers range of headphones, but I respect the views of those who have tried them, and believe that they are worth demoing, especially for their low distortion properties at low frequencies.

Aug 1, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #187 of 18,448
Rob Watts states that his preference is the Aeon closed is fantastic when he is travelling.
I have never tried any of the Mr Speakers range of headphones, but I respect the views of those who have tried them, and believe that they are worth demoing, especially for their low distortion properties at low frequencies.
What I've read some very expensive headphones when fed a very high quality signal sound worse and ain't up to the job

Aug 1, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #189 of 18,448
I have wanted to try the Ether Flow for a while now
Mate I've had the focal utopia, focal clear, stax and I don't feel like I'm missing anything, it just draws me into the music and I totally forget I'm listening to headphones, The focal headphones you know your listening to headphones not speakers,I love speakers so makes sense for me to have headphones that are more like a speaker

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #193 of 18,448
If chord priced the hms at 5000, i guess no one will ask this question. :)

Both have 1 million taps...I don't see why no one will ask this question.
That price difference can perfectly be the cost of the (out of production) Philips CD transport mechanism and the more complex chassis, that's why I've posted the question to the man himself and not to an internet rando :)

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #194 of 18,448
Both have 1 million taps...I don't see why no one will ask this question.
That price difference can perfectly be the cost of the (out of production) Philips CD transport mechanism and the more complex chassis, that's why I've posted the question to the man himself and not to an internet rando :)
Slightly smaller profit per unit but far bigger sales with the price of the M scaler

Users who are viewing this thread

Back