Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jul 30, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #166 of 18,436
I brought my Focal Utopia with me on Saturday and my HIFIMAN HE1000v2 on Sunday, both with Prion4 cable. Difficult in show conditions and with unfamiliar tracks to talk confidently about the specifics of what I was hearing but there was an understated confidence and control in the way the M scaler/Hugo TT2 presented music, with nothing glaringly absent from what my Blu2 has led me to expect from the M scaler technology. That was good enough for me to place my M scaler/TT2 order immediately after the show.

Mm...wow....the dynamic duo must have made quite an impression on you to preorder it on the spot. Looking forward to your M Scaler TT2 vs. BluDave comparison under optimal listening conditions (re: your home) using topflight headphones....

OT: how is the dual silver BNC vs. the stock dual BNC cables? Am looking at replacing mine.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #167 of 18,436

What power cord was that? very unique!

Btw, A HMS to match my Qutest! I am a 2ch! :)

An iPod sounds fantastic on my 2ch, after I upgraded the plate-amps of my two subs to Hypex Fusion FA502.

Can't image how much improvements from the Qutest/HMS!

In the futre, I may bypass the pre-amp, and the HMS opticals the plate-amp directly! But pro-and-con: 0.25M vs 1M!

Btw, my speakers is a full range limited bookshelf.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2018 at 12:44 AM Post #168 of 18,436
Phuca with regards to mojopoly it's second hand news it's time to go your own way.:kiwi: I heard rumours to that effect.

How did you know that I like Fleetwood Mac’s Rumours album ?

Fess up, spill the beans.

Not really a Fleetwood Mac fan but, that album is great and timeless, 100 years from now, that album will still be played and will be as timeless then as it is now.

That album is 41 years old this year, who would of thought it.

Whatever you do, never hire mick fleetwood to be an awards show host, if you do, make sure that samantha fox is still locked up in her cage as things could get even uglier.

Jul 31, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #169 of 18,436
Did you get my pm?

Jul 31, 2018 at 5:11 AM Post #170 of 18,436
Mm...wow....the dynamic duo must have made quite an impression on you to preorder it on the spot.
Not quite on the spot, and it did take an unbelievably good trade-in offer from my dealer for my 4-month old Blu2 a couple of days later to persuade me.

I had been wanting to replace the second-room system that I sold off/traded to get the Blu2 and had been waiting for the right time to do this with Chord gear. I went to CanJam with expectations of how the TT2/M scaler combo should sound based on my experience with DAVE/Blu2 and also the Hugo 2, and the new combo met those expectations and also looked pretty damn good stacked.

Jul 31, 2018 at 5:24 AM Post #171 of 18,436
Could you elaborate on bludave vs hms/tt2? that would be great.

Secondly do you anticipate ever selling tt2/hms to buy a dave and then with a modest investment add a hms to dave sooner than later. I'm interested in how members rationalise such things.

Jul 31, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #173 of 18,436
Second room system i understand now.

Jul 31, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #176 of 18,436
This is one incredible thread. This is why I joined Head-fi.

It'll take me four months at least to save up a tt2/hms combo. two months to save for the hms alone. longer if i buy the hd820 first (which has been on my list for some time).
with other non-audio listening gear in my to-buy list, I really need to get a second job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back