Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Sep 9, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #3,286 of 3,643
Just want a change, or have you found something even better suited to your preferences? I know you were pretty high on the H500BT as am I. I still use mine several times a week and to this day I continue to think they have to be one of the better bang for the buck, quality sound signature BT portables out there.

I agree they're probably the best bang for your buck available and imo one of the very best sounding Bluetooth headphones available regardless of price! It's just that I've had them sat in their box for the last year as a backup to my P7 Wireless. I couldn't bare to let them go knowing how good they were, but in the end I thought they deserved to have someone else benefit from them rather than being stuck on a shelf for another year! They've now gone to a good home!

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2017 at 3:56 AM Post #3,287 of 3,643
Guys I need help fidelio m2bt vs Onkyo H500bt vs Crossfade wireless 2. I sadly can't afford the p7 wireless.

Out of the Onkyo's or the Fidelio's I'd go with the Onkyo's as they're a better all rounder. They're my second favourite Bluetooth headphones under the P7's. All three have a very similar signature, warm, rich, extended bass, with clear mids that render vocals beautifully! Out of the three I actually prefer the sound of the Fidelio's the most but there's really not much in it! The problem with the Fidelio's is their terrible Bluetooth connection. It's one of the least stable I've experienced, with constant dropouts, whether it be obstructions, distance, or interference. I just don't think they have a strong enough signal, which is a real shame considering how great they sound! On the other end of the scale I find both the Onkyo's and P7's to have one of the best connection available!

I can't comment on the Crossfade's as I've not used them, they seem to get mixed reviews which has kind of put me off. Plus I'm not too fond of the design and I hear they're not overly comfortable either.

Sep 9, 2017 at 4:24 AM Post #3,288 of 3,643
Hi,

I need a recommendation for new BT headphone here. Currently I have Fidelio M2BT. It sounds really good for my taste when I play music through bluetooth. When i plug the cable, the sound lost it characters.
I use it for 2 years. But now the pad is already worn out. It's a shame that the pad is not meant to be replaced. (Or does anybody know where i can get the replacement pads?)
I read the first page and my choices are between to Harman Kardon BT or ATH WS99BT.
I read Giogio review of both headphone. He kept comparing both headset to M2BT. I wonder if puchasing any of those 2 headphones will be a downgrade to my M2BT.
Personally, I am not a basshead. I want headphone with good separation between instruments, clear treble, and comfort.

Regards.

Even though you say your not a 'bass head' I'm guessing you still like a fairly bass heavy headphone, as this is what the Fidelio's are known for? Imo they probably have the best bass out of all the headphones I've heard, well weighted, great sub bass, but also tight and punchy!

I'm sure you'd be very disappointed by the WS99BT's which will sound flat and lifeless next to the Fidelio's! They need some serious EQ to sound anywhere near decent imo. If you like a more balanced, neutral signature then they probably sound OK, but I'm guessing this isn't what your looking for considering you said the Fidelio's were perfect for your taste.

The Harmon Kardon's were on my shortlist too, but after some fairly extensive research it sounded as if they wouldn't quite cut it against what is available now.

If you want the Fidelio's sound signature then I'd highly recommend either the Onkyo H500BT or the B&W P7 Wireless. All three sound very similar and I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed with either pair! Both have great separation, clear mids and treble, and a great sounding extended bass. Comfort is very subjective, the Onkyo's would be the most similar to the Fidelio's being On Ear, and I found them more comfortable than the P7's because of how light they were and their low clamping force. I also found them more comfortable than the Fidelio's too. Despite being less comfortable I actually preferred the fit of the P7's which are Over Ear, and to be fair it's probably more down to wearing glasses that made the Onkyo's a better option!

Sep 9, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #3,289 of 3,643
I agree they're probably the best bang for your buck available and imo one of the very best sounding Bluetooth headphones available regardless of price! It's just that I've had them sat in their box for the last year as a backup to my P7 Wireless. I couldn't bare to let them go knowing how good they were, but in the end I thought they deserved to have someone else benefit from them rather than being stuck on a shelf for another year! They've now gone to a good home!
I also did as you know prefer the P7 wireless, but not by a wide margin. Ultimately I stayed with the H500BT as it was more portable and less hot and large which matters for me as I use my BT headphones as true portables and as much as I loved the P7, it was getting little use in anything over say 20 degrees Celsius as I would perspire a bit and I hate having that feeling with headphones. Glad they found a new home. Mine are still as new because I really don't use them daily or for long sessions so lots of life in them yet. Cheers.

Sep 9, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #3,290 of 3,643
Just a heads up on a great little Bluetooth device I'm sure many of you have heard about. I picked up an iFi iOne DAC and can't say enough about the device. I really love it and frankly even while comparing head to head with my NAD M51 DAC versus the iOne receiving a Bluetooth stream from my phone (same song) while there were differences they weren't as massive as I expected. And when I used the iOne via USB the differences became slightly less. That is no secret, we pay a great deal for diminishing returns, and the M51 is clearly quite a bit better, saying that however, the iOne is closer sonically than you would expect given the diminutive size and much lower price point. So if any of you are looking for a small and pretty robust DAC with solid BT implementation, the iOne is worth trying out.

Sep 9, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #3,291 of 3,643
I'm thinking if people are using bluetooth, they are using a computer, be it pc, mac, ios, android, as the source. Maybe this excludes people who use daps as a source. But shouldn't there be an app running in the background to indicate the bitrate of the bluetooth? Because I think bluetooth adapts to the best rate supportable and may not always be operating at its peak potential aptx hd. So when people offer impressions of their bluetooth experience, it could be that they saw Usain Bolt jogging home instead of the Usain Bolt winning the World Championship in the 100 and 200, for instance.

Sep 11, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #3,292 of 3,643
I compared the DSR7BT to the Sennhieser PXC-550, JBL Everest 300, JBL Everest 700 elite, and a cheap Amazon one received great reviews. I did so because Fry's has these coupons that give me great deals. The DSR was $199.00 without tax. The JBLs were $50.00 and $100.00, respectively. The Sennheisers were $250.00. Some points:
1. The reviews on the highest-rated don't correspond to the quality of the headphone. Either (a) the reviews are fake, (b) people don't have high standards for under $50.00 headphones..
2. The JBL are fine and held their own, especially on the lower end, but faltered when I played classical music. I actually liked the 300s better than the 700s, as I think the 700s require a better seal to produce good base. I like that they have a 3.5mm connection though.
3. The PXC-550s were a dissapointment. The cups are too small for my more evolved ears (in 10,000 years, man will have larger ears to compete with more advanced extraterrestial civilizations.), but I could still live with them. I also liked thier versatility- you can connect them through USB, 3.5mm, or Bluetooth, for example.. They sound OK, but volume was lower and instruments didn't stand out very much. It sounded a little muffled to me. The sound is NOT worth $400.00. Bluetooth range was good.
4. The DSR7BT were the winner, and by a surprisingly large margin at that. Instruments and voice were clear and distinct. Soundstage was expansive, almost like an open-back headphone. I sometimes prefer the sound to my HD598s. Sound seems tighter.. The cups are more comfortable for me. You can connect them to your computer using USB. You can't connect them to the mini-plug in your phone, but you can connect them through USB. I have a Galaxy S8 and the DSRs worked great with the USB-C to USB standard adapter. These headphones have poor range, however- ten meters at most. I like the on-off switch. I don't like the touch square to pause music, but it's not the priority for me. Contrary to popular belief, you can use 3rd party USB cables as long as they're small at the micro end. I prefer a hard case. They can connect to Aptx HD, which I might try in the future.

I don't think I'd use noise cancelling that much so that wasn't a factor.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #3,293 of 3,643
Even though you say your not a 'bass head' I'm guessing you still like a fairly bass heavy headphone, as this is what the Fidelio's are known for? Imo they probably have the best bass out of all the headphones I've heard, well weighted, great sub bass, but also tight and punchy!

I'm sure you'd be very disappointed by the WS99BT's which will sound flat and lifeless next to the Fidelio's! They need some serious EQ to sound anywhere near decent imo. If you like a more balanced, neutral signature then they probably sound OK, but I'm guessing this isn't what your looking for considering you said the Fidelio's were perfect for your taste.

The Harmon Kardon's were on my shortlist too, but after some fairly extensive research it sounded as if they wouldn't quite cut it against what is available now.

If you want the Fidelio's sound signature then I'd highly recommend either the Onkyo H500BT or the B&W P7 Wireless. All three sound very similar and I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed with either pair! Both have great separation, clear mids and treble, and a great sounding extended bass. Comfort is very subjective, the Onkyo's would be the most similar to the Fidelio's being On Ear, and I found them more comfortable than the P7's because of how light they were and their low clamping force. I also found them more comfortable than the Fidelio's too. Despite being less comfortable I actually preferred the fit of the P7's which are Over Ear, and to be fair it's probably more down to wearing glasses that made the Onkyo's a better option!

I found a secondhand p7 wireless for $250 in good condition just two days ago. The most expensive headphone i ever bought. I have listened for several hours now.
I like the precision of the drum sounds. Snare, Kick, and especially Tom sounds really accurate. I listened to daft punk's RAM album and Foo fighters' Wasting light album, and the drum sounds completely fresh. I really really like it.
However, I don't like cymbals sounds of p7 at all. It lacks of clarity. It sounds like there are two guys there. One powerful guy, in the center of the stage, is in charge of snare, kick, and toms. And the other guy is in charge of cymbals, he sits far from the center and have less power.

Bass sound is heavy, but thanks to the excellent sound separation which prevent the bass to destroy other frequencies. Without equalizer, bass of this cans is too much for me. Compared to fidelio, it has similar quality of bass, but the quantity on p7 is much larger.

It's a good looking headphone and the pad is comfortable. The pressure of the clamp is placed at lower side of my ear. It gives me less fatigue compared to my ATH-M50.

Overall, it is a fun headphone to listen. It handles complex music with many instruments really well. I will grab it for 90% of my playlist.

I am still thinking to compare it with other headphone, and decide the keeper. How about Parrot Zik 3. Does it handle the cymbal/treble sounds better?

Sep 20, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #3,295 of 3,643
Anyone had a chance to hear the Beyerdynamic Aventho?
Would love to hear feedback about the Aventho as well if anyone has heard them. I've been dying for Beyerdynamic to announce/release a wireless version of the T51i, and it seems the Aventho will fit that need.

Hope the USD price is sub-$500 though. Find it hard to justify a wireless headphone that is more expensive than that...

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #3,296 of 3,643
Same here. I would really like to test the Aventho wireless. I own DT1770Pro and Xelentos and really love the Beyerdynamic sound signature. I still miss a decent pair of bluetooth headphones with AptX HD support. I owned Sennheiser Momentum Wireless but the bluetooth connection was not perfect and "only " AptX. Also was looking at Sony MDR-1000XM2 and tested the first edition, but the build quality is definitely not on-par with any Beyerdynamic headphones. Are there any other decent alternatives: Over-ear, AptX HD, Noise Canceling, USB and cable connectivity?

Sep 20, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #3,297 of 3,643
Same here. I would really like to test the Aventho wireless. I own DT1770Pro and Xelentos and really love the Beyerdynamic sound signature. I still miss a decent pair of bluetooth headphones with AptX HD support. I owned Sennheiser Momentum Wireless but the bluetooth connection was not perfect and "only " AptX. Also was looking at Sony MDR-1000XM2 and tested the first edition, but the build quality is definitely not on-par with any Beyerdynamic headphones. Are there any other decent alternatives: Over-ear, AptX HD, Noise Canceling, USB and cable connectivity?
The Audio Technicas have everything except the cable connection

Sep 21, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #3,299 of 3,643
I heard the ATH-SR5BT with DX90 (cable)and liked them for an inexpensive very portable that will work with a cable. I still have a DAP I like to use without BT. they had the higher-end AT BT headphones, I didn't listen since no cable support.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back