Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Jan 11, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #1,756 of 3,643
I use the Sennheiser 500USB and love it. It has apt-X and is a sound card onto itself--or something. GioGio can explain better. Pairing process is a little tricky. BT 3.0

I also use the Azio BTD-V401 supports Bluetooth 4.0 and apt-X (Sennheiser Momentum 2, B&O H8, and BackBeat Pro can take advantage of this.)

I also use the Creative USB BT-W2 (BT 2.1) which supports apt-X Low Latency (Denon AHGC20, Sennheiser Momentum 2, BackBeat Pro.)

They'll all work with each other except one major irony (huh?): The Sennheiser Momentum 2's will not work with the Sennheiser 500USB. It just keeps looping around and around trying to pair up.

Jan 11, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #1,757 of 3,643

Maybe calibrate is too strong a word, but you can reset them. Seems to help, so assume it's self correcting somehow.

In relation to the open-mic, maybe I have a faulty pair?

I would contact the support to ask them if it is supposed to do that.
For the recalibration, ask them too, maybe it is different on the sense, but the Pro had a system to recalibrate the sensor, you, hmmm, ok, let me search.
Ok, you must turn the speakers flat and lye them on a NON METALLIC surface with the opening toward the surface, for 30 seconds, WHILE they are connected via USB cable to your notebook or apparently even to a usb charger.
This resets the sensor, at least on the Pro.

Hi,
Can anyone recommend me a Bluetooth USB dongle so I will be able to use my Philips M2BT with a PC.

I use the Sennheiser 500USB and love it. It has apt-X and is a sound card onto itself--or something. GioGio can explain better. Pairing process is a little tricky. BT 3.0

I also use the Azio BTD-V401 supports Bluetooth 4.0 and apt-X (Sennheiser Momentum 2, B&O H8, and BackBeat Pro can take advantage of this.)

I also use the Creative USB BT-W2 (BT 2.1) which supports apt-X Low Latency (Denon AHGC20, Sennheiser Momentum 2, BackBeat Pro.)

They'll all work with each other except one major irony (huh?): The Sennheiser Momentum 2's will not work with the Sennheiser 500USB. It just keeps looping around and around trying to pair up.

Avantree or any other that does APT-X

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

All of them would be good, except the Avantree is not a Dongle but a 3.5 adapter, which has got the disadvantage of not supporting the BT profile responsible of track controls, so you cannot pause/skip track.
They are making a Class 1 and Aptx Low Lateny USB Dongle (which I have ideated for them, actually). But it will require months.

I have tried the Sennheiser, it is expensive and problematic. And big.

I have tried the Azio, I have hated the CSR Software because of a conflict with the Logitech software of my BT mouse (I can give more details to who is interested) but it is good and I would suggest this over the Sennheiser.

But if the Creative works well I would go for it. You may end getting a Low Latency BT Headphone one day.
Btw, Wiseman, does the Creative need CSR Software or does it work independently from the OS like the Sennheiser?

Jan 11, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #1,760 of 3,643

No need. The manual confirms they are supposed to do this.

Ok, But the reset sensor thing was for the Head Sensor (which pauses the music when you wear them off).
Try it to see if it solves that other problem.
Just wanted to throw a Q. Which do you think is best wireless headphones jabra Reevo or AKG y50BT as I mainly use them. In the gym

I much prefer the AKG Y45BT over the Revo, for sound and for portability and for price and look and Company and it is better for gym (smaller, fit more tight without being too tight, at least on my normal sized head).
If the Y50 are better than the 45 (I did not try them) I would go for them immediately.
Eventually order both (45 and 50) and choose the best.

Jan 11, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #1,761 of 3,643
I have tried the Azio, I have hated the CSR Software because of a conflict with the Logitech software of my BT mouse (I can give more details to who is interested) but it is good and I would suggest this over the Sennheiser.

FYI, if you upgrade to Windows 10, the Azio dongle will support aptX without the horrible CSR software. I was quite pleased when I discovered this.

Jan 11, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #1,762 of 3,643
FYI, if you upgrade to Windows 10, the Azio dongle will support aptX without the horrible CSR software. I was quite pleased when I discovered this.

This is indeed a very nice info, thanks.

Personally I much prefer to suffer the CSR software than the privacy's rape and horrible look and plenty of bloatware and useless things of the Win10. It lasted 2 days on my notebook. Not even free I would ever want that thing. I like to have control on my OS and 10 eliminated a lot of things which gave control, and added other which clearly violate the privacy and cannot be deactivated.
It is a PC version of Android somehow, with the same style of "you MUST insert your personal info and connect your account or we give you nothing" of google.
I have no touch screen anyway, so I have less reasons to want that kind of 8-10 look and organization.

CSR is not so bad anyway. It became stable in my PC. And I do not use the logitech BT mouse anyway, because CSR or not, the Azio does not do a good job dividing the bandwidth between mouse and headphones. And even if increasing the buffer on foobar  may solve the skipping music (didn't try) I do not want to have a huge buffer.

Jan 11, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #1,763 of 3,643
I was annoyed by the Creative USB BT-W2 dongle's restriction to transmit microphone input only from a few select Creative headsets which support the Faststream-Codec. No other microphone codecs are supported, no other brand works currently for voice communication via the BT-W2.  The Sennheiser dongle is much more versatile but lacks Low Latency.

Regarding the Jabra Move: I tried them when they were new on the market but found them lacking in comfort. No two axis swivel of the cups like the current Philips SHB9250 on-ears, also the earpads were not soft enough. That early Move firmware also had problems with Skype connections. I sent them back to Amazon.

BTW: the Samsung Level U is quite a good cheap apX headset as what it is, a necklace setup, and has a good microphone compared to the Sony SBH70 which lacks aptx and a usable microphone. Both have earpods instead of earplugs, since I hate in ears. OTOH the Samsung Level U surprisingly lacks NFC, something which I normaly expect from BT devices.

Jan 11, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #1,764 of 3,643
  I was annoyed by the Creative USB BT-W2 dongle's restriction to transmit microphone input only from a few select Creative headsets

the Samsung Level U surprisingly lacks NFC, something which I normaly expect from BT devices.

Ok, you have answered the question I just wrote to Creative.
I was wondering how can the BT-W2 allow the use of mic without supporting the HSP profile.
You should look at adapters with HSP (the headset profile).
I do not remember if the Sennheiser does. Can you confirm?

Jan 12, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #1,765 of 3,643

But if the Creative works well I would go for it. You may end getting a Low Latency BT Headphone one day.
Btw, Wiseman, does the Creative need CSR Software or does it work independently from the OS like the Sennheiser?

I think we've moved beyond this, but the Creative does not need CSR software and it appears as a Speaker on the Playback Devices list.

Jan 12, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #1,767 of 3,643
  Just as a heads up, I see the Jabra Moves are €49.99 on Amazon Germany for today. Works out as £43 for those in the UK with basic postage. 

How are you finding the backbeat senses i ordered a pair for £59 as well i was just curious to try them.. 

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #1,768 of 3,643
  How are you finding the backbeat senses i ordered a pair for £59 as well i was just curious to try them.. 

Even though I managed to get them for £60, I am thinking of keeping the Moves and sending the Senses back. As they are more suited to my needs, and to my ears don't sound a great deal different in the real world....i.e outside and public transport where these are to be used. 

Usually it goes audio > fit  > everything else when it comes to headphones, but as these are to be used on the go other factors have had to be taken into account. For example, the Senses do seem a bit delicate, with buttons on the backs of the cups and a massive volume rocker on the LH cup. This cements the officey vibe I get from the Senses as well, as they have a control scheme of a office headset with the back of the RH cup being taken up with a call answering button. The Moves have an inconspicuous little rocker on the bottom of one ear cup, and that's it. Everything else is just as a regular pair of headphones, which is what I wanted in a portable headphone. Minimal and not fussy.

In relation to fit, the suspension design works well on the Senses, but to me the ear pads are a bit thin. It's about 10mm of memory foam, so should be fine, but seems to compress very easily. That might just be me being nitpicky tho.

As for audio, they both sound great. Gun to my head the Senses sound clearer and have a higher clarity in the mids/highs. Whereas the Moves do get a little bit out of shape, but make up for this by having a better bottom end compared to the Senses. They are both great sub-£100 portable headphones, and I am going to play with both pairs till the end of the week and make a decision then. However, if the Senses had been their usual price of £99, then they would have gone back already, as they don't sound 2x better than the Moves, they're not built 2x better and some of the extras like open mic and the movement sensor you're paying for are not things I need.

Bottom line, for £60 they are a bargain. If they fit your other requirements, then sound-wise you're not going to get better for the price.

Jan 12, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #1,769 of 3,643
A new Bluetooth Headphone

The Bentley Monster Monster Bentley 24K headphones

http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/136434-monster-bentley-24k-wireless-headphones-the-best-headphones-you-ll-never-buy

Fortunately you have to purchase the car, a Monster Edition Continental ! to get the phones. Absolutely hideous to me but what do I know. VW clearly has no respect for what used to be a great marque.(EDIT and icon of English taste). The Breitling watches were bad enough but this is something else.

That's my opinion anyway but I'm sure they'll be plenty of Premier League footballers willing to buy the car to get a pair of these beauties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back