HTC 11 (aka HTC U 11)
Jun 16, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #406 of 501
Bad news for me!
The U 11 is being postponed in my country till July :frowning2:
Only the grey market one is available and it's super expensive, while the S8 price is being more and more tempting.
I could end up getting the S8 finally, the thing is that the 10's price will most probably drop these 2 weeks from 460 to 400$ and I don't want to end up losing money in reselling mine.
I will wait till next week to see how the price of the U 11 grey market will drop or not, or else I am nearly convinced to get the S8

That sux!

Mehh on the S8. lol

Jun 16, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #408 of 501
Well yeah HTC here did everything so I don't buy the U 11
Price and availability wise.
Last year I bought the 10 in May and for 660$ now I have to wait till July and pay 750$?

What country are you in? Here in the U.S. you could've pre-ordered it for only $599 with the coupon code HTC put out and was posted in this thread as well.

Jun 16, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #411 of 501
Everywhere got delayed! Was suppose to get my hands on it on the 12, but then the shipment got delayed will be getting it later today, and there is one website selling it at SGD$8xx

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #412 of 501
The HTC U11 is available in Europe, price around 850 usd..:). The price of the Galaxy S8 is about the same.

No real impressions about SQ, but general good impression about the phone in general. I won't buy it, at least not for now, I am satisfied with my HTC 10. And we also have the first rumours about the LG V30 and LG G7....

Jun 17, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #413 of 501
That sux.

Time to move to America!! LOL :L3000: :flag_us: j/k

I would love to go to US and work there, here they are not taking employees more than 30 years old because they are afraid we ask for ''big'' salaries, yes I am unemployed and it's irritating. I would open a Lebanese restaurant in the US :)
Anyway I got a confirmation yesterday from an end user that the S8's screen won't play VR movies at full screen using Cardboard compatible headsets, it will add black bars left and right making the viewed screen as small as 5.1'' only, I have not other choices but to return to HTC U 11, with a little luck the grey market model will see its price drops fast enough . BTW I know someone selling his 10 days used HTC U 11 for a sweet price but it doesn't have the box nor the USB to 3.5mm adapter which is a bummer for me, even HTC US doesn't sell the adapter yet

Jun 17, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #414 of 501
The HTC U11 is available in Europe, price around 850 usd..:). The price of the Galaxy S8 is about the same.

No real impressions about SQ, but general good impression about the phone in general. I won't buy it, at least not for now, I am satisfied with my HTC 10. And we also have the first rumours about the LG V30 and LG G7....
Wow that's a bit expensive, maybe try importing? The pricing here is way cheaper and you get 6gb ram with 128gb

Jun 17, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #415 of 501
I would love to go to US and work there, here they are not taking employees more than 30 years old because they are afraid we ask for ''big'' salaries, yes I am unemployed and it's irritating. I would open a Lebanese restaurant in the US :)
Anyway I got a confirmation yesterday from an end user that the S8's screen won't play VR movies at full screen using Cardboard compatible headsets, it will add black bars left and right making the viewed screen as small as 5.1'' only, I have not other choices but to return to HTC U 11, with a little luck the grey market model will see its price drops fast enough . BTW I know someone selling his 10 days used HTC U 11 for a sweet price but it doesn't have the box nor the USB to 3.5mm adapter which is a bummer for me, even HTC US doesn't sell the adapter yet

Well maybe you should then! Come here, take out a small business loan, if you can? If you open it near Chicago, I'll come by! lol I'm Middle Eastern too............Assyrian. Parents from Iran. If you come to Chicago you MUST try Reza's. Best Middle Eastern food around!!

Yeah? Well once again I am happy to say F SAMDUNG!! lol

Hmm...........well I think Hamster is right. You should DEFINITELY look into buying an imported one from the U.S. Try the U.S. eBay! I've sold internationally MANY times, so you should be able to find someone who has one, new or used (most likely new at this point). There is one person on there selling it for $699 in Brilliant Black, which appears to be the cheapest price for brand new. And it has everything too!

Good luck! Let us know what you do.

Jun 18, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #419 of 501
I am currently deciding between the 10 and 11.But I am leaning towards the 10 because of the headphone jack and all aluminum body.But the return of boomsound speakers is inticing.
I am assuming they are both using the same DAC AQstic with snapdragon processor.The 11 is using the 835 processor.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #420 of 501
I am currently deciding between the 10 and 11.But I am leaning towards the 10 because of the headphone jack and all aluminum body.But the return of boomsound speakers is inticing.
I am assuming they are both using the same DAC AQstic with snapdragon processor.The 11 is using the 835 processor.

Nirvana,

Return of BoomSound speakers? Neither the 10 or the 11 has Classic BoomSound, only Hi-Fi BoomSound, which most (including me) feel aren't as good as Classic (M8, M9) BoomSound.

I prefer the 10 and didn't upgrade to the U11 despite some benefits that the U11 offers. My main things were not liking the bigger size and also yeah no headphone jack too. Edge Sense seems kinda cool though, plus the 835 means better battery life than 820. Also I prefer the look of the 10 vs the U11's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back