HTC 11 (aka HTC U 11)
Jun 23, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #437 of 501
Those are interesting results Majestic. Not sure why it would be louder on the 10 vs. U11 w/ the adapter either. But good to know you couldn't tell a difference in sound quality. At least it didn't sound WORSE than the 10! LOL

Yeah the Sony Xperia AND Walkman devices all have a max volume output of like 0.30-0.40 volts, where the HTC 10 by comparison's output voltage is 1.009! That's like more than TRIPLE the average Sony's! lol And that's how it is here too, so I think it's global, not just in Europe.

Perhaps because the 10 was the first USB C phone made by HTC and the power coming from it is ''pure'' while with the U11 they want to limit the battery usage on the USB C knowing both the U sonic earphones and the adapter use the USB port and both need battery

Jun 27, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #439 of 501
Funny cool new video review on the U11. I definitely agree on the sunglasses/polarization thing. Kind of annoying as all HTC phones have had this issue (though the 2nd M8 I got to replace my first one oddly didn't?!).

Enjoy!
I've only noticed the Polarization since the M9. Personally I like it for using the phone outside. Its only a problem if you wear polarized sunglasses.

Still think the U11 is a complete Gimmick and not worth replacing the 10 for.

Jun 27, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #440 of 501
I've only noticed the Polarization since the M9. Personally I like it for using the phone outside. Its only a problem if you wear polarized sunglasses.

Still think the U11 is a complete Gimmick and not worth replacing the 10 for.

I had the issue on my first M8, which I had to replace (can't remember why now), but oddly it didn't occur with the second one. HTC at the time told me it was probably because they get their glass screens from multiple providers. I've been wearing polarized sunglasses for years b/c I find them to be superior in that they significantly reduce glare and improve clarity. I wish HTC would recognize this and make ALL their screens compatible with polarized sunglasses. Sony, Samsung, LG etc, none of them have this issue, only HTC, albeit it being a minor one.

I agree that the 10 is better overall but I don't think the Edge Sense thing is a gimmick. Just another approach to using your phone. I would've been more impressed by it if HTC had HAD the balls to make it buttonless. Oh well. lol

Jun 29, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #449 of 501
Rock you have to buy it so we can get a qualified comparison.....:)

stenog,

LOL While that was quite a compliment, I don't see it happening. lol I wanted to at least check it out though in person, and I DO have a Sprint Store right by me. When I called 2-3 weeks ago they said they hadn't gotten the U11 in yet, but should soon. If they do and have it on display, I will check it out and post here, but not sure if that will happen or not. As far as buying it...........the choice to go "phablet" (meh lol), the glass back, and the dongle thing all were big enough turnoffs for me NOT to want it over my awesome 10. But I do want HTC to succeed b/c that means more CHOICE for us consumers, and audiophiles (or audiophile "lite" ppl like me lol).

Sony may be coming back in a big way next year, but nothing is for certain. Samsung may ACTUALLY take advantage of their AKG purchase (via Harmon) and FINALLY offer a phone with audio and call quality that doesn't immediately invoke the urge to vomit upon me lol. But I'm not holding my breath. lol LG...........they gotta fix that boot loop BS, but just as bad if not worse, they only seem to wanna make the V (read: phablet lol) series have great sound, at least in the U.S. The U.S. G6 didn't even get a Quad DAC. LAME!! So all we really have left is HTC and Sony IMO. And Sony for audio I dunno........not sure if they're gonna improve that as now they're not much better than Samsung. For call quality yes, but not audio quality. They need to quit marketing "Hi-Res" so much b/c that's all BS anyway. Being able to process Hi-Res files isn't important to me cuz I downsample all my Hi-Res songs to high quality 512 kbps AAC (CBR) files anyway b/c IT STILL STATISTICALLY SOUNDS EXACTLY THE SAME TO THE HUMAN EAR!! (but takes up MUCH less space) People say all this crap about it mattering or that it "feels" different, but the stats don't lie. lol But using high quality materials and technology does matter, so Sony Mobile needs to quit playin' and follow HTC's LEAD here.

From what I've read so far, it seems like the U11 sounds as good as the 10, but I can't say for sure. Too much variation in these reviews.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back