HTC 11 (aka HTC U 11)
Jul 2, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #451 of 501
oneplus5 still great for the money though. Easily the best chinese phone and one of the best phones you can get. but if you pay more you will get higher quality in devices in htc, sony, and even samsung.

Btw im reading/watching lots of reviews saying that the 4k hdr is no gimmick. When put to use its actually stunning and the best display out there especially when you play 4k hdr content. And even regular pictures look better because it can display higher resolution.

im patiently waiting for XZ1 there are rumors there will be a design change and new aspect ratio but the 4k screen of the XZP is so tempting.

Jul 3, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #454 of 501
what if you use the adapter though? It seems like the quality would change since its not headphone jack.

Well the review mentions using the adapter, and that compared to when not using it, it sounds better. Not sure what you mean by the quality changing b/c it's not via the headphone jack? The headphone jack is on the adapter, which is no different than having it on the phone. Of course I'd prefer it on the phone like with my 10, but I don't believe that has anything to do with the quality changing.

Jul 8, 2017 at 4:47 AM Post #456 of 501
Been testing the U11 it can drive headphones easily for me. It's pretty loud for me on 1 volume for my jvc fx1100. It's quite bassy. And when playing from your own media it's even louder and spotify play songs quite soft. And when blasting music with own media it's pretty scarily loud xD. No background noise. Not sure what is everyone looking for let me know what u guys want to know. Battery life is pretty good haha don't play mobile legend and your fine. Lineage can last quite a few hours. Tsumtsum can last 12 hours or so. I don't really like Android keyboard still miss my bb :frowning2:

Jul 8, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #457 of 501
Been testing the U11 it can drive headphones easily for me. It's pretty loud for me on 1 volume for my jvc fx1100. It's quite bassy. And when playing from your own media it's even louder and spotify play songs quite soft. And when blasting music with own media it's pretty scarily loud xD. No background noise. Not sure what is everyone looking for let me know what u guys want to know. Battery life is pretty good haha don't play mobile legend and your fine. Lineage can last quite a few hours. Tsumtsum can last 12 hours or so. I don't really like Android keyboard still miss my bb :frowning2:

Well your JVCs only have a 16-ohm impedance level and 106 dB sensitivity, so it won't take much to get them loud. However, if the U11's DAC & amp is anything like the 10's are (which I'm starting to think they are), then you are in GOOD hands! lol

Yeah, the 10's sound signature is a bit warm (aka bassy lol) too. The funny thing is, I don't notice it on headphones really, but in my car since buying the 10 back in January, I've had to put my Bass EQ down on my car stereo from the usual 0 down to like -6 or -7! lol

No background noise? Very nice! Sounds like 10, maybe even better?! I would like to think so, but don't know for sure.

NICE on the battery life!! Yeah the reviews say the same thing............ better than the 10's battery life, which is a good thing. The 10's is pretty good but not great like the U11's or the new Sony Xperia XZ Premium's.

Android keyboard?! I ONLY use Swype. I recommend you check it out too. It's FAST and awesome! (I just linked you the main version. Don't even bother with the trial one. lol)

Jul 12, 2017 at 11:38 PM Post #459 of 501
Just got a HTC u11 (fantastic phone) and I'm listening to some FLAC's streamed through USB Audio Player Pro via the USB-C to 3.5mm dongle with my modded TH-900's and it sounds good. Really good. I'm quite amazed honestly. Could just be some great synergy, I'll have to try some other headphones on it and see how they fare.

Jul 13, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #460 of 501
Just got a HTC u11 (fantastic phone) and I'm listening to some FLAC's streamed through USB Audio Player Pro via the USB-C to 3.5mm dongle with my modded TH-900's and it sounds good. Really good. I'm quite amazed honestly. Could just be some great synergy, I'll have to try some other headphones on it and see how they fare.
Thanks for this info. Could you try it with your Z1R. The HTC 10 can drive them but not 100 % in my opinion. Would be great to know how they fare with the U 11.

And maybe make a short comparison to the Mojo :)

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2017 at 3:22 AM Post #461 of 501

Very cool helio!!

Thanks for this info. Could you try it with your Z1R. The HTC 10 can drive them but not 100 % in my opinion. Would be great to know how they fare with the U 11.

Yeah if they were louder than the 10 is for headphone listening, that would be SOMETHING, as I find my 10s to be VERY loud on headphones as is, which I love.

Jul 13, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #462 of 501
Well, all of the DAC headphones or IEMS using Type C USB is usable with HTC 10.

I simply used USB C to USB adapter and connect it digitally to my DAC out of the 10 without tinkering around.

So HtC10 does what the 11 do, but with 3.5mm analog. I would not look back into HTC again if they would keep on voiding the 3.5mm on futures devices

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #463 of 501
Very cool helio!!
Yeah if they were louder than the 10 is for headphone listening, that would be SOMETHING, as I find my 10s to be VERY loud on headphones as is, which I love.

The Z1R's aren't fully powered by the u11. While I do listen pretty loud, some older recordings with lower volume levels wouldn't get loud enough. Most recently recorded music had plenty of headroom and sounded really good though. I'll try and get around to comparing it to my Mojo soon.

Jul 14, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #464 of 501
Well, all of the DAC headphones or IEMS using Type C USB is usable with HTC 10.

I simply used USB C to USB adapter and connect it digitally to my DAC out of the 10 without tinkering around.

So HtC10 does what the 11 do, but with 3.5mm analog. I would not look back into HTC again if they would keep on voiding the 3.5mm on futures devices
dumb move for an otherwise great phone. its not like they dont have enough space either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back