HTC 11 (aka HTC U 11)
Jun 6, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #376 of 501
The HOPE was that the U 11 would have the killer DAC/amp INSIDE of it like the 10 does, but now apparently they put that in the dongle.

Ok, I'm confused again. Doesn't every phone have an internal DAC no matter what? For instance, you gotta have one for the on board speaker, right?

Jun 6, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #378 of 501
That is correct. But MOST phones and PCs use a cheap amp/DAC chip which sounds like utter crap. That's why you want premium ones.

Right.

So what is the supposed advantage of no 3.5 headphone jack? For one, I think I read somewhere it would be more water resistant with less holes for water access.

Jun 6, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #379 of 501
Right.

So what is the supposed advantage of no 3.5 headphone jack? For one, I think I read somewhere it would be more water resistant with less holes for water access.

The advantage, PER HTC, is that their speakers can get louder (and sound clearer?) than ever before, which reviews have agreed with. Well the Sony Xperia phones still have 3.5mm ports, and they've been waterproof for years. So I think they have ways around that with regards to that specific port.

Other than that, I think it's a bunch of garbage. I'm sure most ppl would prefer the 3.5mm port vs having to carry around a dongle.

Jun 6, 2017 at 11:48 PM Post #380 of 501
I can certainly confirm that using a decent external DAC like the Opus #11 gives incredible sound on my V20 compared to the internal DAC on the device.
This is particularly the case when greater power is needed on Hifiman Planar 400i phones.
That's not just a DAC, that's also an amp. Planars need POWER, power does NOT equal dac,,,,,,, dacs are already good enough in high end devices that don't hiss, amps are a different story for headphones that need high current or voltage. Nice try but it was completely irrelevant, unless you can blind test it then it's most likely the amp or your imagination

Jun 7, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #381 of 501
So I finally received the Belkin iphone 7 plus armband, it does have a large opening in the middle lower part so the USB C adapter can pass through, also as a bonus apparently with the new version it has hole for fingerprint home button which matches HTC U 11, so we get a perfect opening for USB + home button control :)
I would have preferred also an opening en the left side in case I get finally an S8 or G6 :/

Jun 7, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #382 of 501
So I finally received the Belkin iphone 7 plus armband, it does have a large opening in the middle lower part so the USB C adapter can pass through, also as a bonus apparently with the new version it has hole for fingerprint home button which matches HTC U 11, so we get a perfect opening for USB + home button control :)
I would have preferred also an opening en the left side in case I get finally an S8 or G6 :/

Nice!

F Samdung and LG!! ROFL!!! U 11 ftw!

http://htcsource.com/2017/06/video-the-htc-u11-is-faster-than-the-samsung-galaxy-s8/

http://htcsource.com/2017/06/htc-u11-versus-lg-g6-speed-performance-test/ <----(just posted today)

Jun 7, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #383 of 501
U get to use the Squeeze function! Without looking at your phone and select the app you one squeeze and your otw xD

Jun 8, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #384 of 501

I don't care about speed in games, I just want a sexy looking phone + solid audio + 5.5'' 16/9 or 5.7'' 18/9 screen
I got words from a tester that the audio is pretty much equal to S7E when comparing the 3.5mm adapter with S7E, not bad but of course not as stellar as the 10

Jun 8, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #385 of 501
I don't care about speed in games, I just want a sexy looking phone + solid audio + 5.5'' 16/9 or 5.7'' 18/9 screen
I got words from a tester that the audio is pretty much equal to S7E when comparing the 3.5mm adapter with S7E, not bad but of course not as stellar as the 10

LOL ok!

Wow really?!! Did that same person ever listen to the 10 too?? I owned the S7E and the S7, and that is NOT good news if really true. lol

Jun 8, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #386 of 501
The advantage, PER HTC, is that their speakers can get louder (and sound clearer?) than ever before, which reviews have agreed with. Well the Sony Xperia phones still have 3.5mm ports, and they've been waterproof for years. So I think they have ways around that with regards to that specific port.

Other than that, I think it's a bunch of garbage. I'm sure most ppl would prefer the 3.5mm port vs having to carry around a dongle.

So, I'm guessing that WITHOUT the 3.5 jack, the wire supplying the signal is direct from the Amp/DAC without having to be split up between the speaker and headphone out.

However, at any time, you can only listen to one or the other. You would never listen to both speaker and headphone at the same time, (obviously).

So either transducer, (speaker or headphone), would always get the FULL direct sound signal anyway. So I don't see how just having one recipient of the sound signal would benefit it?

Jun 9, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #387 of 501
So far the U11 USB-C to 3.5mm jack quality wise is good but the volume is lacking to me using RHA MA 750s

Jun 9, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #390 of 501
Interestingly when plugging the adapter to the U 11 you won't get Boomsound, and that's explain a lot for the missing dynamic range and loudness, I hope HTC can adapt boomsound to the adapter's DAC

That's ridiculous. So you can't even take advantage of the "better DAC" in the adapter? I mean, you should be able to use it for BOTH headphones and speakers. What's the point of improving the speakers but taking away the better DAC? Dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back