How's your MLB team doing?
Jul 29, 2006 at 2:15 PM Post #76 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych
Take that braves! Pedro was pretty good other than the rough first inning, and for once Wagner actually got a 1-2-3 inning.
biggrin.gif

yea and chipper jones getting re-injured. What a nasty guy, i can't believe he named his daughter shea.

Jul 29, 2006 at 10:11 PM Post #80 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
yea and chipper jones getting re-injured. What a nasty guy, i can't believe he named his daughter shea.

oh c'mon. there's so many nasty guys in baseball, why waste an epithet like that on a guy who doesn't deserve it. Rocker was a nasty guy, Chipper just makes the Mets look stupid, you can't hold it against him personally.

having said that, the braves have looked like i mighty fine AA team against the Mets today and yesterday.

Jul 29, 2006 at 10:15 PM Post #81 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax
oh c'mon. there's so many nasty guys in baseball, why waste an epithet like that on a guy who doesn't deserve it. Rocker was a nasty guy, Chipper just makes the Mets look stupid, you can't hold it against him personally.

having said that, the braves have looked like i mighty fine AA team against the Mets today and yesterday.

true that,

i still can't believe he named his daughter shea though. loving how the mets have been playing ; )

Jul 30, 2006 at 12:01 AM Post #82 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
true that,

i still can't believe he named his daughter shea though. loving how the mets have been playing ; )

At least the Mets don't have a stupid corporate naming rights name, or he would have had to name his kid Citibank or something.
tongue.gif

Jul 30, 2006 at 3:57 AM Post #83 of 184
My Yankees? Not looking too good tonight at all. Got raped by Tampa. At least the Yanks are owning the Rays for the most part this year, unlike last year.

Jul 30, 2006 at 2:02 PM Post #84 of 184
The Tigers take two in a row from the hottest team in baseball - the Twins - and have a chance to make it three in a row with Jeremy Bonderman on the mound today. Talk about your must see TV!!
biggrin.gif

Jul 30, 2006 at 2:46 PM Post #85 of 184
I wonder if the White Sox are going to make a run now. I recall them floundering last year at this time then turning it around. We all know what happened after that.

Jul 30, 2006 at 7:07 PM Post #86 of 184
Looks like the Yankees are going to land Abreu and Lidle. Pretty good bat and a decent arm added to their roster for the playoff run. Just wondering who they are going to give up in this trade.

EDIT: How's this for a lineup?

"The Yankees' projected lineup for September, if and when Hideki Matsui and Gary Sheffield come back from injury, could look something like this:
CF Johnny Damon
SS Derek Jeter
1B Jason Giambi
DH Gary Sheffield
RF Bobby Abreu
3B Alex Rodriguez
LF Hideki Matsui
C Jorge Posada
2B Robinson Cano"

That is a stacked line up if I ever saw one. I can only hope this will become reality.

Jul 30, 2006 at 8:11 PM Post #87 of 184
If the Jays want any chance of making a run...they need to get pitching...BADLY. Starting pitching more so than relievers. They should get anyone who can give them innings and keep them in the game. They're offense is set to go, with possibly the only position needing help being SS. I also don't like them benching Russ Adams, they should play him or sent him to AAA.

As for the Mariners, what's with giving up top prospects for average major leaguers? Seems to be a trend. Got Ben Broussard for Shin Soo Choo and a player to be named. Seems like a high price tag.

Jul 30, 2006 at 9:26 PM Post #88 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
Looks like the Yankees are going to land Abreu and Lidle. Pretty good bat and a decent arm added to their roster for the playoff run. Just wondering who they are going to give up in this trade.

EDIT: How's this for a lineup?

"The Yankees' projected lineup for September, if and when Hideki Matsui and Gary Sheffield come back from injury, could look something like this:
CF Johnny Damon
SS Derek Jeter
1B Jason Giambi
DH Gary Sheffield
RF Bobby Abreu
3B Alex Rodriguez
LF Hideki Matsui
C Jorge Posada
2B Robinson Cano"

That is a stacked line up if I ever saw one. I can only hope this will become reality.

Sooo old! This team will be so bad in another year or two...think 1990 Yankees. The only player I would pick long-term is A-Rod.

It will be fun to watch the Yankees lose horribly again and for them to lose their pathetic fan base to a Mets team that actually has good young players (David Wright, Lastings Milledge, etc.). They won't even have a first round playoff exit to brag about!

-Matt

Jul 30, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #89 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
Sooo old! This team will be so bad in another year or two...think 1990 Yankees. The only player I would pick long-term is A-Rod.

It will be fun to watch the Yankees lose horribly again and for them to lose their pathetic fan base to a Mets team that actually has good young players (David Wright, Lastings Milledge, etc.). They won't even have a first round playoff exit to brag about!

-Matt

Those are some fighting words there. If you knew anything about NYers the Yankee fanbase, you would realize that becoming a Met fan is not an option. As old as their team may be, they have no problem spending the money to keep a good team on the field.. unless GB gets banned from baseball again.

A-rod... what about Cano? Furthermore, I'll take Jeter over A-rod any day. The man delivers when it counts most.

Furthermore, what do you know about baseball... From what I recall, you are the guy who once said that baseball is unique in that it is the only team sport where offensive players do not interact with other offensive players? Didn't you also say something about baseball having static strategy (verse a game like football)?

Jul 30, 2006 at 9:48 PM Post #90 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27

-Matt

More like soooooo powerful. I would be fine with that line up as a manager to go against good pitching. If everyone is healthy and they have decent pitching the Yankees can do some damage in the playoffs. I have faith that they will make it as a wildcard or taking the East again. The Yankees have had some horrible loses this year but they have won some tough series as well.

EDIT: I bleed pinstripes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back