How's your MLB team doing?
Jul 23, 2006 at 6:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 184

usc goose

Headphoneus Supremus
Cause the Dodgers... not so hot. Dropped 9 of 10 since the all star game. Offense is gone. Dead. Buried. Tough being a dodger fan this past couple weeks.

Plus the Giants just pulled into #1 in the NL West. Ugh...

Jul 23, 2006 at 6:50 AM Post #2 of 184
It's much more tolerable being a Padres fan when the Dodgers are losing more games.
very_evil_smiley.gif

-Matt

Jul 23, 2006 at 7:21 AM Post #3 of 184
The Yankees are doing alright..still in both the division and wild card race.

E-Rod stirkes out 4 times most in crucial situations. What's new
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

j/k..actually, im sick and tired of all the A-Rod bashing..especially from our own yankee fans.

Jul 23, 2006 at 7:29 AM Post #4 of 184
Well at first they were doing VERY well, and then they went straight in the toilet because of the Jason Grimsley steroid fiasco. Baseball seems to be the sport most affected by "emotional blows". It's a shame to see such a well run organization like the Diamondbacks suffer at the hands of something like this. I really hope we can pull it together and get back to playing like we were during the first quarter of the season.

Jul 23, 2006 at 8:01 AM Post #5 of 184
Go Giants!!
Getting a little tired of the bonds circus. Its almost all you hear about on bay area sportstalk radio.

Went to a coupld A's games this season, but Im not a fan.

"Duck the Fodgers"
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Jul 23, 2006 at 8:38 AM Post #7 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by rx7_fan
I'm a Yankees fan but I live in Anaheim so I root for the angels when the yanks are not in town.

Uggh. What kind of Yankee fan are you?
blink.gif

I'm a lifetime Yankee fan stuck in NorCal. They need to get another arm and get some people back off the DL, but I'm confident that they will take the division.

Jul 23, 2006 at 8:44 AM Post #8 of 184
I'm a Dodger fan....and yes, I do have paper lunch bags to turn into masks

I can't believe them OC "Los Angeles" Angles of Anaheim are actually winning games.... and don't they have one of the best records ever against the Yankees?

Jul 23, 2006 at 9:06 AM Post #9 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
I'm a Dodger fan....and yes, I do have paper lunch bags to turn into masks

I can't believe them OC "Los Angeles" Angles of Anaheim are actually winning games.... and don't they have one of the best records ever against the Yankees?

Yeah they do, that's why I don't like the angles that much. But like I gotta go to a few games and I can fly to New York to watch it, so I watch the American League West; I mostly try to attend Oakland and Angles game. I'm trying to find some tickets for Yankees and Angels in August.

Jul 23, 2006 at 9:48 AM Post #10 of 184
Giants fan here. The team may be in first place, but I still believe that the Giants should be sellers and start rebuilding. What's the point if the team manages to win the division but gets absolutely killed in the playoffs? Of course anything can happen in the playoffs, but I find the Giants have too many glaring weaknesses (inconsistancy, questionable late inning relief, reserve depth, leadoff, health, etc.) to be a real legitimate contender to win it all. In addition, there are a number of players in their contract years that probably may not be worth resigning but would net heavy trade interest from other teams.

Jul 23, 2006 at 4:57 PM Post #12 of 184
I'm a Mets fan. Been waiting for this for a long time. This is the best Met team since the mid 80's. The pitching isn't as good, but I think the young guys they have on their staff now have great potential.

I'm a very happy Mets fan.

Jul 23, 2006 at 5:05 PM Post #13 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by mega
The Yankees are doing alright..still in both the division and wild card race.

E-Rod stirkes out 4 times most in crucial situations. What's new
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

j/k..actually, im sick and tired of all the A-Rod bashing..especially from our own yankee fans.

He leads the league in go ahead RBIs I think. He is just having a bad time right now. Horrible actually. All the naysayers can see him in the Hall.

It is quite incredible what Torre has done this year with that team. They are missing at least 60 homers and their pitching has been spotty at best and they are still in the hunt. The Red Sox should be 10 games ahead.

It will get interesting in September/

Jul 23, 2006 at 5:07 PM Post #14 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack
Uggh. What kind of Yankee fan are you?
blink.gif

I'm a lifetime Yankee fan stuck in NorCal. They need to get another arm and get some people back off the DL, but I'm confident that they will take the division.

Matsui should be back earlier than expected. I am hoping they can snag Abreu. He would be a nice addition. The Baby Bombers have been doing a comendable job though. They do need pitching though/

Jul 23, 2006 at 5:46 PM Post #15 of 184
What can I say?? For a change, it's a good time to be a Detroit Tiger fan.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back