How's your MLB team doing?
Jul 31, 2006 at 12:22 AM Post #91 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
More like soooooo powerful. I would be fine with that line up as a manager to go against good pitching. If everyone is healthy and they have decent pitching the Yankees can do some damage in the playoffs. I have faith that they will make it as a wildcard or taking the East again. The Yankees have had some horrible loses this year but they have won some tough series as well.

EDIT: I bleed pinstripes.

gotta wonder why seeing yer from boston. native new yorker?

crazy frenchman:

us mets fans don't want any of the annoying token yankees fans. yankees can keep em ; ) I've been a mets fan since the 1980's when my dad used to pull me out of school for opening day every year until i was in middle school (haha that rules right).

Jul 31, 2006 at 12:30 AM Post #92 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg

crazy frenchman:

us mets fans don't want any of the annoying token yankees fans. yankees can keep em ; ) I've been a mets fan since the 1980's when my dad used to pull me out of school for opening day every year until i was in middle school (haha that rules right).

Token Yankee fans? I've been watching them since the days of Martin, Guidry, Jackson, Munson, etc. I even suffered through the days when Melito Perez was their star pitcher. The Mets will never be more than second class citizens in NY... with big heads much like their mascot.

Jul 31, 2006 at 12:33 AM Post #93 of 184
I'll take 3 grand slams in a month over a-rod stirking out any day.
biggrin.gif

Jul 31, 2006 at 12:36 AM Post #94 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack
Token Yankee fans? I've been watching them since the days of Martin, Guidry, Jackson, Munson, etc. I even suffered through the days when Melito Perez was their star pitcher. The Mets will never be more than second class citizens in NY... with big heads much like their mascot.

at ease, no one called you a token yankees fan. yet you seem to resemble the remark i guess... why?

i've lived in new york all my 26 years, they are my favorite team ... second class citizen? go read the newspaper. that comment is silly man, don't be jealous of the mets success, they have earned it. the all buisness attitude of the yankees doesn't pay off all the time, and you should show respect to the mets where it is due?

anyway, lots of luck in the playoffs ; ) randy johnson is pitching great too.

Jul 31, 2006 at 12:42 AM Post #95 of 184
Quote:

The Mets will never be more than second class citizens in NY... with big heads much like their mascot.

Juuust keep telling yourself that.
wink.gif

Does anyone else just wish for a year where neither the Yankees or Red Sox make it to the playoffs? That would be soo nice. I'm so tired of all the rabid coverage of every little thing and complete ignoring of the rest of the teams who are probably better anyway.

Jul 31, 2006 at 12:55 AM Post #96 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
at ease, no one called you a token yankees fan. yet you seem to resemble the remark i guess... why?

i've lived in new york all my 26 years, they are my favorite team ... second class citizen? go read the newspaper. that comment is silly man, don't be jealous of the mets success, they have earned it. the all buisness attitude of the yankees doesn't pay off all the time, and you should show respect to the mets where it is due?

anyway, lots of luck in the playoffs ; ) randy johnson is pitching great too.

I wasn't being serious. Have you ever been involved in a Yankees/Mets debate that didn't include insults? As a NYer, I expect you to have thicker skin than that.

Mets success? They are having a good year, but when was the last time they actually won anything? Furthermore, the Yanks aren't too far from leading their division, so don't count your chickens just yet. Being front page on the Post or Daily News doesn't mean anything. Nobody gets excited about the Yankees during the regular season b/c they are accustomed seeing them make it to the postseason. The Mets playing well... that IS news.

As for Johnson. What a dud. Maybe he'll give us a few innings in the playoffs in relief. Pedro on the other hand... you can count on him pitching well... until he meets the Yanks in the WS.

Jul 31, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #97 of 184
Quote:

I wasn't being serious. Have you ever been involved in a Yankees/Mets debate that didn't include insults? As a NYer, I expect you to have thicker skin than that.

Mets success? They are having a good year, but when was the last time they actually won anything? Furthermore, the Yanks aren't too far from leading their division, so don't count your chickens just yet. Being front page on the Post or Daily News doesn't mean anything. Nobody gets excited about the Yankees during the regular season b/c they are accustomed seeing them make it to the postseason. The Mets playing well... that IS news.

As for Johnson. What a dud. Maybe he'll give us a few innings in the playoffs in relief. Pedro on the other hand... you can count on him pitching well... until he meets the Yanks in the WS.

I dunno, sorry if i jumped to conclusions... but i knew you were busting my chops though. Who can tell? My bad.

I respect the yankees, i don't love them though... I don't follow them regularly either. I'm all about the mets wht can I say, even when they lose it's ok. There's something to be said about great sportsmanship and working for the win to me that makes the win much tastier.

I like arod, i think yankees fans are way to hard on him... It's because of the whole derrick Jeter vs him thing... I totally disagree with booing arod. That kind of mentality is why i really don't like yankees fans (in general). It seems as if they expect the win, there is too much pressure on yankees players and whenever they make a mistake it's microscoped. That sucks.

Randy johnson still a great pitcher, especially post season... As long as pedro finds his groove he's amazing, he had a few lousy starts before he went DL.

Jul 31, 2006 at 2:22 AM Post #98 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
I dunno, sorry if i jumped to conclusions... but i knew you were busting my chops though. Who can tell? My bad.

I respect the yankees, i don't love them though... I don't follow them regularly either. I'm all about the mets wht can I say, even when they lose it's ok. There's something to be said about great sportsmanship and working for the win to me that makes the win much tastier.

I like arod, i think yankees fans are way to hard on him... It's because of the whole derrick Jeter vs him thing... I totally disagree with booing arod. That kind of mentality is why i really don't like yankees fans (in general). It seems as if they expect the win, there is too much pressure on yankees players and whenever they make a mistake it's microscoped. That sucks.

Randy johnson still a great pitcher, especially post season... As long as pedro finds his groove he's amazing, he had a few lousy starts before he went DL.

It's all good. I miss NY and its people (Mets and Yankees fans alike). I'm a fish out of water on the West. Everyone just thinks I'm temperamental and obsessive/compulsive out here. I'm constantly asking people to "quit jabbering and get to the point," b/c they talk to slow. I complain about the slices (i.e cooked bruschetta) and bagels (i.e. donut shaped bread) and wish for more feisty Puerto Rican women and chain-smoking downtown girls to be sauntering down the streets. Watching and listening to Yankee games are my portal back to NYC. Don't get me wrong, Nor Cal is probably the only other area I could live in, but come October, I'm always imaging the sounds, sights and smells of Yankee Stadium.

And to be truthful, I love all of NY (including the Mets), even when I hate them. Yankee fans are passionate about their team. When their players stink, they unleash their derisive jeers and when they rise, they shower them with their roaring cheers. A-Rod is a great player, but he has not proved to be a clutch player for the Yanks... and that's what the fans remember. When you think of Jeter, you think of the countless amazing plays and timely hits he has had in crucial Yankee moments. More than ever, I think Yankee fans and NYers appreciate someone who they know they can count on when it matters. They also want to remind A-Rod to earn his money.

The Yanks are a little weak on pitching, which really concerns me. Come postseason, Johnson and the bullpen really need to step it up.

Jul 31, 2006 at 9:23 PM Post #99 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg

From New Jersey.

Aug 1, 2006 at 3:10 AM Post #100 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
The Tigers take two in a row from the hottest team in baseball - the Twins - and have a chance to make it three in a row with Jeremy Bonderman on the mound today. Talk about your must see TV!!
biggrin.gif

You guys got lucky with the first game. Stupid retard Rincon threw the game that idiot. ARG!!!!!

Aug 1, 2006 at 4:10 PM Post #102 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by ojnihs
You guys got lucky with the first game. Stupid retard Rincon threw the game that idiot. ARG!!!!!

I wasn't going to rub in the recent series win, but it has been so long since I could gloat about our Tigers. You guys got lucky in the third game; should have been a three game sweep.

Oh well. Go Tigers!
-John

Aug 1, 2006 at 4:16 PM Post #104 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
From New Jersey.

Jersey boy here too. Where in NJ? I grew up in Franklin Lkes, literally across the street from Phil Sims.

Aug 1, 2006 at 4:21 PM Post #105 of 184
I spent the first 9 or so years of my life in NJ as well. In Monmouth County, Middletown to be exact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back