How's your MLB team doing?
Jul 27, 2006 at 8:46 PM Post #61 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
My Yankees are doing pretty well considering they are still missing some key players. The experts said the wildcard will come out of the Central? I think they may have been wrong. Look out Red Sox.

I take my hat off to you, a Yankee fan in Boston's gotta be a real standup guy. Either that or a ninja.
wink.gif

Jul 27, 2006 at 9:36 PM Post #62 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiritboxer
I take my hat off to you, a Yankee fan in Boston's gotta be a real standup guy. Either that or a ninja.
wink.gif

as a Braves fan in ny, i know how he feels.

i was at shea a few seasons back, and one guy a few rows back from me actually paid the beer vendor $50 to NOT serve me.
rolleyes.gif

needless to say, the mets were getting their asses handed to them.
tongue.gif

Jul 27, 2006 at 9:40 PM Post #63 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiritboxer
wink.gif

I am going to be getting an authentic Jason Giambi jersey real soon. I may try to push things and wear it in Kenmore Square before a Sox game.
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 27, 2006 at 9:42 PM Post #64 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax
as a Braves fan in ny, i know how he feels.

i was at shea a few seasons back, and one guy a few rows back from me actually paid the beer vendor $50 to NOT serve me.
rolleyes.gif

needless to say, the mets were getting their asses handed to them.
tongue.gif

They kind of did you a favor, seeing as the beers are quite pricey and often of poopie quality.

I went to a Yankee/Sox game at Fenway and recall seeing several drunk Sox fans molesting a Yankee fan's girlfriend. No idea why he did not beat the stuffing out of them. These were in decent seat too, not the bleachers.

Jul 27, 2006 at 9:53 PM Post #65 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
I really wish the Giants would try to shell out for a top-tier-ish starting pitcher to pair with Jason Schmidt. The bullpen has actually been pretty good at many times in the past few years. It seems as if they are content with continuing to work with developing farm system guys and then trading them as currency when needed. We have needed some more punch and authority in the SF starting staff for a long time now.

The Giants did. His name is Matt Morris and he's been a huge bust as I and most Giants fans predicted. Actually starting pitching isn't a huge problem. I'm sure Hennessey, Correia and Sanchez could easily step in the rotation and be pretty good. In terms of the farm system, it's slightly underrated and not as terrible as most people think. The problem is that most of the best prospects are at AA or mostly single A. There's almost nothing in AAA except for a bunch of MLB has-beens.

Jul 27, 2006 at 11:37 PM Post #66 of 184
What concerns me most is definitely playoff performance. I've always been anxious about their starting staff. They can scrap together the wins to finish #1 in the NL West, but postseason will be tough. Morris needs a big turnaround. -I would also love for SF to get Zito (sorry, A's fans), even if just for one year.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 28, 2006 at 1:20 PM Post #68 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by xlEnt
My angels are out of their slump, however, we're entering fenway this weekend (oh ortiz how i hate thee)

Let's Go Angels!
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2006 at 2:33 PM Post #69 of 184
The Tigers have a BIG series with the red-hot Twins this weekend. If they do well, it will be a big step towards the AL Central title. Who could have imagined this as recently as three years ago??
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2006 at 4:52 PM Post #70 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
The Tigers have a BIG series with the red-hot Twins this weekend. If they do well, it will be a big step towards the AL Central title. Who could have imagined this as recently as three years ago??
biggrin.gif

I keep wondering how good the Tigers really are. My Yankees went into Detroit and took 3 of 4 from them. The Twins should be a good test though as they are playing the best baseball right now. Their aces have been throwing well.

Jul 29, 2006 at 4:39 AM Post #73 of 184
Finally, looks like the Dodgers are going to win. Up 12-1 in the 5th. Against the Nats but whatever. It's nice to finally see some offense. A lot of offense. And we just traded Danny Baez and Willy Aybar for some guy named Benemit from the Braves. Hope that works out.

Jul 29, 2006 at 11:50 AM Post #74 of 184
Wang was incredible last night for the Yankees. I am hoping Cashman can get Soriano and some pitching but I am not holding my breath. Sox go down again.

Matsui will hopefully return soon too.

Jul 29, 2006 at 1:57 PM Post #75 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
I keep wondering how good the Tigers really are. My Yankees went into Detroit and took 3 of 4 from them. The Twins should be a good test though as they are playing the best baseball right now. Their aces have been throwing well.

Well, they looked pretty good last night...winning a big game against a much better pitcher.

Before it's all over, the Yankees might need to thank the Tigers for helping them get into the playoffs as a wild card.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back