How to put TWO Fiio A3s together for my Cowon Plenue D??
Nov 13, 2017 at 4:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 49

Fessy

100+ Head-Fier
Hi there,

I just want to know:

• If there's a way to connect two Fiio A3 amps to my Cowon Plenue D?
  • And is it possible to amplify the sound so that it uses both amps as one so the sounds louder/amplified even more?
Sorry if the wording is wrong but I'm not an expert when it comes to these things. I know a bit but not that much.

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

- Fes

Nov 13, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #2 of 49
Double amping is a terrible idea, and I don't even think that it would be physically possible with those. I'd say get a better amp. How is it not loud enough with the A3? Are you using some crazy hard to drive headphones?

Nov 13, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #3 of 49
Why is it terrible? Genuinely asking because I don't know. Oh. What would you say is a better amp? I have a tight budget about £50ish and I need it to have a long battery life. This Fiio is good but the way I listen to it, it only lasts between 5-6hours and I need longer hours when I am outside. It is but I'm just one of them people who likes crazy loud sound lol. I have old school hi fi's with amplifiers and surround speakers with a lot of watts so I'm old school when companies like Aiwa and Panasonic used to be epic lol. Nope, current headphones are Beats EP in red. I have others but these are my main ones at the moment.

Nov 13, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #4 of 49
Also, is
Why is it terrible? Genuinely asking because I don't know. Oh. What would you say is a better amp? I have a tight budget about £50ish and I need it to have a long battery life. This Fiio is good but the way I listen to it, it only lasts between 5-6hours and I need longer hours when I am outside. It is but I'm just one of them people who likes crazy loud sound lol. I have old school hi fi's with amplifiers and surround speakers with a lot of watts so I'm old school when companies like Aiwa and Panasonic used to be epic lol. Nope, current headphones are Beats EP in red. I have others but these are my main ones at the moment.
It'll degrade the sound quality and just isn't very practical :p of course if you listen to low quality mp3 then it won't matter as much but it's still not good practice. I think you're stuck with your current volume unless you upgrade the amp :/

Nov 13, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #5 of 49
Ohh I see lol. I thought the more amps the louder the sound lol. Ah right, well I listen to some flac and other than that CD quality mp3s. I see, I asked in my previous reply, do you know of a louder amp and with a better battery than 16hours? Because it only lasts about 5hrs for me. I have a budget of about £50ish.

Nov 13, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #6 of 49
Double amping is bad because it leads to distortion if trying to drive to hard and then clipping. Instead of adding another amp as that would probably do what you want you could go for a Fiio A5 as it has about three times the power at 32 ohms as the A3.

Nov 13, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #7 of 49
Double amping is bad because it leads to distortion if trying to drive to hard and then clipping. Instead of adding another amp as that would probably do what you want you could go for a Fiio A5 as it has about three times the power at 32 ohms as the A3.

Ah right. I was thinking of getting that but it's a bit expensive and battery life is not good for me since the a3 only lasts about 5hrs for me. Do you know of any other with a louder sound and better battery than the a3? I have a tight budget about £50ish.

Nov 13, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #8 of 49
I can vouch for the A5 as a good pick, but it's over budget

Nov 13, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #10 of 49
Didn’t notice budget until after sorry about that.

Nov 13, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #11 of 49
Ah but yeah sucks, over budget :frowning2:. Unless any of you has 1 and wants to do a trade? Lol.
What about a used A5? Grasping at straws here :p

Nov 13, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #14 of 49
Lol, I can only trade at the moment since I haven't sold my a3. I bought it recently from amp3, about couple months or so. So you willing to trade or cash? Also, what is the condition like?
I'm keeping my little A5 baby :p Try ebay, I'm sure there are good prices. PayPal also offers a credit option

Users who are viewing this thread

Back