How obvious is it that you are a Head-Fier?
Apr 30, 2010 at 7:50 AM Post #61 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlosfandango /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At home it's obvious because the wife is always saying 'a package arrived for you today' and (the dreaded) 'How much did THEY cost?'

Yup.
redface.gif

Outside of that, though, most only know because at Christmas and Birthdays I ask for no presents, just some contribution to pay for 'my latest musical acquisition'
icon10.gif

So my extended family and friends have helped fund my Livewires, my JH13s, etc and my immediate family simply get a more obvious reminder when it's just time to put those Stax Sigmas back on my head.
floatsmile.png
floatsmile.png
floatsmile.png

Apr 30, 2010 at 9:20 AM Post #62 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by tvrboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's obvious cause I get a million big packages (nobody make a "I got a big package for you" joke...) sent to my school! The guys in the gatehouse always want to know what's inside, and it turns out to be some $600 headphones...

I have a huge, bulging package for you.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Anyway, most wouldn't know, either then for the time I wore my HD800's out to the supermarket (I forgot I was wearing them). I have got nothing on that lawnmower guy though. That is just an epic fail and win all at once.

Apr 30, 2010 at 11:23 AM Post #64 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prog Rock Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need to keeep my hair short or else I end with a flattened band over my head and around my ears.

Same thing happens to me. Headphones also became more comfortable on my head when the hair is short.

Apr 30, 2010 at 12:47 PM Post #65 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by notmuchcash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Today I was in school and had my portable rig with me. The girl sitting in front of me asked about what was in the black bag, and I told her it was my headphones. The usual comments about the size of them ensued. I didn't even bother to pull out the amp.

Then I mentioned that one of my other pairs had to be sent away to get fixed. She laughed a bit and said it sounded like I was referring to a family member or something. I responded with "You don't even know how right you are."

Awkwardness followed. (To be honest, social interactions are just always awkward for me)

in a social interaction, when a girl comments on how big something is..jump on the opportunity
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
25234_388563925479_175179120479_3826771_4274433_n.jpg

there is so much win in this picture

Apr 30, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #66 of 90
I've made it past 100posts

yeah, it's obvious. lol

Apr 30, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #67 of 90
I wear my ALO modded edition 8's on the train. People look at me like I am from another planet. They are also curious when I take out my Imod and RX with Cyro wires. People around the office think its a bomb
smily_headphones1.gif

I work on Wall st so security is real tight. Once when waiting for my wife to pick me up and the prez was in town an over zealous police officer asked what is that? I replied my music system want to hear? I had Bruce springstien playing. He was probably from Jersey because as soon as he heard the boss blaring he let me leave.

Apr 30, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #68 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
25234_388563925479_175179120479_3826771_4274433_n.jpg

That's one of the best pictures I've ever seen.

Apr 30, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #69 of 90
Hell, I'd vote for this guy. Seems like he has his priorities straight. LOL

Apr 30, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #70 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's one of the best pictures I've ever seen.

x 2 million. LOL

I've tried to explain the portable headphone amps sitting at my desk to a number of coworkers. Most believe that, yes, it will help sound, but they don't care enough to pick one up. Other than that, I'm usually out and about with Yuins or Westones, so it's most people probably give it less notice than if I had Apple earbuds.

Apr 30, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #72 of 90
Today, while standing in a bar during Queens day, an excuse for many Dutch to get drunk I was there with my standard HD428 hanging around my neck. After a while a guy came up to me to question if I was in to music and audio gear. We both found out we were members of Head-Fi and he was almost persuading me to buy a Ultrasone 780. We also both agreed that the Pink Floyd album 'The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn' was a good album. It is pointless to emphasize how fitting this anecdote is for this thread...

May 1, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #73 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You want people to know how much you spent on your headphones? Does that make you feel important? Does Bose bashing make you feel superior?

I really hate both those attitudes. I'm not trying to single you out. It's all over this forum. I'm genuinely sick of "I'm cooler than other people because of my headphones" crappola. I'd take a person just enjoying their music on bose or ibuds over any jerk that posts about how they hate others for simply not being fortunate to have learned or simply don't care about other options. Shame on you.

Actually, I wasn't really bashing on either. Well, maybe Bose just a bit. I don't have anything for or against the Turbines other than them being a decent pair of phones. The RE0s I own are the most non-descript pieces of ear-candy you can find. And I've listened to Bose and they aren't bad; I just wouldn't pay that money for them. I might borrow a pair for a flight from a friend if I had an ear problem or something.

Honestly, don't take anything I say seriously or at face value. I'm not that kind of person! I swear
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back