How obvious is it that you are a Head-Fier?
Apr 22, 2010 at 3:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 90

notmuchcash

100+ Head-Fier
Today I was in school and had my portable rig with me. The girl sitting in front of me asked about what was in the black bag, and I told her it was my headphones. The usual comments about the size of them ensued. I didn't even bother to pull out the amp.

Then I mentioned that one of my other pairs had to be sent away to get fixed. She laughed a bit and said it sounded like I was referring to a family member or something. I responded with "You don't even know how right you are."

Awkwardness followed. (To be honest, social interactions are just always awkward for me)

Apr 22, 2010 at 3:24 AM Post #2 of 90
Not obviosu at all to people who don't know me.

Things were different back in the days of Jecklins.

I miss my Jecklins.

Apr 22, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #5 of 90
Considering these are around my head (or neck) at any given point I'm in public, you tell me
tongue.gif

20465_692908943969_120808684_43591514_3987504_n.jpg

(damn, I look hilarious in that picture. though the others make my gf look hilarious, and that's just mean.)

Apr 22, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #6 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by notmuchcash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Awkwardness followed. (To be honest, social interactions are just always awkward for me)

General rule of thumb: Do not hint at how insane you really are. Some chicks dig it, must just mace it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjpmkjp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Considering these are around my head (or neck) at any given point I'm in public, you tell me
tongue.gif

20465_692908943969_120808684_43591514_3987504_n.jpg

(damn, I look hilarious in that picture. though the others make my gf look hilarious, and that's just mean.)

You look like Mike Myers.

Apr 22, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #10 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by choka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The general population couldn't tell the headphone in your ears are 400 bucks or 10 bucks.

Not always true. I'm guessing when you rock a pair of monster turbines people can guess how much you spent
tongue.gif
Monster-Turbine-Pro-In-Ear-Speakers.jpg

Also, people who wear Bose in public tend to get reactions. I hate that.
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 4:30 AM Post #11 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by semisight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not always true. I'm guessing when you rock a pair of monster turbines people can guess how much you spent
tongue.gif

Are those 20 bucks?

Seriously, when I wear my Shures or UE out, no one looks or cares. The general public can't even fathom the fact that a little ear bud can cost more than a hundred bucks.

Quote:

Yes, everytime I see Bose in public I always laugh about how much money they've spent for a piece of junk.

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:21 AM Post #12 of 90
Quote:

tongue.gif
Monster-Turbine-Pro-In-Ear-Speakers.jpg

evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by choka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, everytime I see Bose in public I always laugh about how much money they've spent for a piece of junk.

You want people to know how much you spent on your headphones? Does that make you feel important? Does Bose bashing make you feel superior?

I really hate both those attitudes. I'm not trying to single you out. It's all over this forum. I'm genuinely sick of "I'm cooler than other people because of my headphones" crappola. I'd take a person just enjoying their music on bose or ibuds over any jerk that posts about how they hate others for simply not being fortunate to have learned or simply don't care about other options. Shame on you.

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:23 AM Post #13 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by notmuchcash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then I mentioned that one of my other pairs had to be sent away to get fixed. She laughed a bit and said it sounded like I was referring to a family member or something. I responded with "You don't even know how right you are."

You're just shy.
tongue.gif
I would just have put on a huge smile and said "yea, headphones are important to me. I love music
smily_headphones1.gif
." That should have continued the conversation.

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:34 AM Post #15 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You want people to know how much you spent on your headphones? Does that make you feel important? Does Bose bashing

No man, I am happy people don't know how much my stuff are! I don't want to get mugged!

I don't like Bose because I've tried them and I hate them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back