How obvious is it that you are a Head-Fier?
Apr 22, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #16 of 90
I think my wife is starting to figure it out, but anybody else wouldnt know.

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:39 AM Post #17 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
People shouldn't wear hats and scarfs indoors.

Unless the heat is broke.

OTOH. I didn't even know that "hyphens" existed until I joined Head-Fi
smile.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #19 of 90
People typically don't care if I have free earbuds or something that costs 200-300 bucks. The same goes for me when I'm on the street except this one time I saw someone with some kind of iem that looked nice but had no idea what it was.

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:46 AM Post #20 of 90
I really don't show anything in regards that i'm a "head-fier." Once you get to know me then yes i'll let you know about it and then you'll have to deal with my constant trips to the library and used cd stores.

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:04 AM Post #21 of 90
When they come over my house. Have this rack full of gear will headphones hanging from it.

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:05 AM Post #22 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjpmkjp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Considering these are around my head (or neck) at any given point I'm in public, you tell me
tongue.gif

20465_692908943969_120808684_43591514_3987504_n.jpg

(damn, I look hilarious in that picture. though the others make my gf look hilarious, and that's just mean.)

I was checking out that Mishka hat more then the phones :p

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:22 AM Post #23 of 90
Not at all, while I accumulate everything from audio gear to watches to handguns, I look like an old martial arts master. Luckily, no one tries to take my lunch money.

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:33 AM Post #24 of 90
I swap out my IEMs almost as much as I switch out what sunglasses would match best with my clothing.
wink.gif

I actually had a killer combination going today; gold mirror aviators and the Monster Turbine Pro Gold.
tongue.gif

But like many here said, nobody has questioned me about the IEMs or wooden headphones (RS-1i) I have hanging from the headphone stand. I've had friends lightly bat at the hanging IEMs, but they never said a word about them. Kind of shocks me, because they definitely look different and (IMO) more sophisticated than iBuds and Skullcandy, but to each their own.

Apr 22, 2010 at 8:36 AM Post #25 of 90
Not obvious at all! Even a fellow Head-Fi would have problems picking me out on the street.

Apr 22, 2010 at 9:33 AM Post #26 of 90
It's obvious cause I get a million big packages (nobody make a "I got a big package for you" joke...) sent to my school! The guys in the gatehouse always want to know what's inside, and it turns out to be some $600 headphones...

Apr 22, 2010 at 9:47 AM Post #27 of 90
Wearing cans is pretty on-trend in London, even though mostly they are skull-candy, low-end sony or fly-by-night "fashion" brands people buy for the look and not the sound. That makes me indistinguishable to anyone else unless they know that the ATH-M50 I am wearing are a different class.

In that respect, audio enthusiasts are easy to spot for other audio-enthusiasts in this city, but not to the rest of the population.

Apr 22, 2010 at 9:57 AM Post #28 of 90
Impossible to tell unless you're a head fier yourself.
I'm a teenager so I'm slightly more conscious of how I look than most demographics. I only use IEMs outside, with my soon to be replaced AD700s inside. There's a slight hint on my desk, which is home to a few IEMs that I don't use, but most people would think they're just broken or something.

Apr 22, 2010 at 11:16 AM Post #29 of 90
I do have a Fuze which freezes once in a while, people start staring at me trying to unfreeze it wandering what that purple cord connected to a huge metal box my iBasso D4, I can't be completely conspicuous.

Apr 22, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #30 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I swap out my IEMs almost as much as I switch out what sunglasses would match best with my clothing.
wink.gif

I actually had a killer combination going today; gold mirror aviators and the Monster Turbine Pro Gold.
tongue.gif

That does sound killer. That's the thing with the triple.fi's, the little blue antennae are too shiny and blue to match with anything unless the rest of your outfit is reeeeeeally crazy. Or your hair is.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back