How Much have you spent on your headphone setup????
Nov 16, 2004 at 5:38 AM Post #106 of 191
You can pretty much make a "guesstimate" as to how much people have spent just based on what they list as their system. And, telling by your sig, you have not been stingy about your headphone gear!
wink.gif
lol..

Nov 16, 2004 at 6:38 AM Post #107 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by NKT
You can pretty much make a "guesstimate" as to how much people have spent just based on what they list as their system. And, telling by your sig, you have not been stingy about your headphone gear!
wink.gif
lol..

It cost me $100 from wal-mart......But seriously yeah I got to get round to clearing some of my excess stuff off. Purely cos of the lack of space where I live. Also When my mark levinson arrives next week it's gonna get crazy for space. Not to mention it is all together with my home cinema stuff. All this stuff is crammed in a 3 metre by 3 metre room. Think about it if I sell some of my stuff off I can go and get a wadia 861se.....or I have taken a fancy to a wadia 27ix DAC now that would really be cool. Then there's the...........
rolleyes.gif

Nov 16, 2004 at 6:54 AM Post #108 of 191
GoRedwings19 - how about a picture of your setup?

you can sort of guess how much I spent on my system (which is conviniently listed in my profile) by looking at what it is comprised of ... but some parts of it I bought used or bought in japan so my setup didn't cost me nearly as much as it could have.

my latest purchase (a particular electrostatic headphone that has a lot of prestige here) cost me more than all but around 10 of the total system prices quoted so far, and it isn't the costliest part of my system either.
tongue.gif

Nov 16, 2004 at 6:59 AM Post #109 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
GoRedwings19 - how about a picture of your setup?

you can sort of guess how much I spent on my system (which is conviniently listed in my profile) by looking at what it is comprised of ... but some parts of it I bought used or bought in japan so my setup didn't cost me nearly as much as it could have.

my latest purchase (a particular electrostatic headphone that has a lot of prestige here) cost me more than all but around 10 of the total system prices quoted so far, and it isn't the costliest part of my system either.
smily_headphones1.gif

Okay I will take a pic tommorrow night. My brother has nicked the digicam and post it in the headfi photos forum. Still haven't learnt how to compress images and include them in posts. And no you can't convince me to get a orpheus. I think the most expensive thing I got is the mark levinson coming. I have already paid for it but have to wait for it to show up at the bank. Then I will have to await delivery. On the off chance I don't like it then the wadia transport and dac a try. The DCS is not for me. Too accurate and analytical. This was within the first hour of hooking it up. If it can't grab me by the nads in the first hour then it never will. I didn't even try the tri-vista in sacd mode against the DCS. IMO tri-vista is better in redbook mode for me. Too everyone else it is probably the DCS.

Nov 16, 2004 at 7:02 AM Post #110 of 191
wmcmanus is also avoiding posting his total if you noticed. if I am going to be singled out, then I'll single out some others too.
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 16, 2004 at 7:11 AM Post #111 of 191
Quote:

wmcmanus is also avoiding posting his total if you noticed. if I am going to be singled out, then I'll single out some others too.
evil_smiley.gif

This thread is like the plague to the hot shots. No one will post the figure. Mikeg was the highest poster of $20k. I know the people on the hot list can all beat it especially my number 1 guess. But it's not a competition. Just wanted to know if it was me or other headfiers willing to take it to the extreme. I think wmcmanus has a good "score" going, I already checked!!!!! Check out the headfier Jahtinder he's got an orpheus and a maranz SA-1, they don't come cheap!!!!

Nov 16, 2004 at 7:29 AM Post #114 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
ayt999>I think we should get crescendopower to post as well. Don't hide you little varmits. Ayt999 and I will hunt you down. Post and you could save yourselves
tongue.gif

confused.gif
unless he has more stuff than he lists in his profile... I don't know.

there's quite a few more that haven't been mentioned yet that have very high end systems comprable to what we are talking about. bozebuttons for instance.

Nov 16, 2004 at 7:34 AM Post #115 of 191
Quote:

confused.gif
unless he has more stuff than he lists in his profile... I don't know.

there's quite a few more that haven't been mentioned yet that have very high end systems comprable to what we are talking about. bozebuttons for instance.

We will get you all, you know!!!!!
tongue.gif

Nov 16, 2004 at 11:18 AM Post #116 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ward
What's depressing isn't the amount spent. It's all the gear stored because it didn't work in my application, and I don't sell stuff.

BW

Do you give it away?
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Nov 16, 2004 at 7:56 PM Post #117 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by NKT
Headphone rig, probably around $4k. And I'm done for a long long time.

Even the part of your rig you brought to the meet was awesome, I'd say you're done too - man those MS-Pros were so light, lighter than even the plastic SR-200 - maybe because the SR200 have a steel rod in the headband versus whatever is in the modern headbands? Plus the Mahoghany was light. Great looking cans too. Hmmm...nice pre-amp too.

Nov 16, 2004 at 7:58 PM Post #118 of 191
Just FYI, I went to the craziest museum in South Korea - it was the largest private collection of junk ever invented/made by Thomas Edison in the world. How I ended up in that private museum, I'll never know. You guys would have LOVED some of the tubes that were in there. Estimated worth was in the millions.

Nov 17, 2004 at 3:30 AM Post #120 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Even the part of your rig you brought to the meet was awesome, I'd say you're done too - man those MS-Pros were so light, lighter than even the plastic SR-200 - maybe because the SR200 have a steel rod in the headband versus whatever is in the modern headbands? Plus the Mahoghany was light. Great looking cans too. Hmmm...nice pre-amp too.

LOL...next time I'm going to have to bring my Cary amp to really make these MS Pro's sing.
smily_headphones1.gif

And for the record, the Nixon is a DAC, not a pre-amp!
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back