How Much have you spent on your headphone setup????
Nov 18, 2004 at 3:00 PM Post #136 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilPeart
Well I don't have a wife to restrain me!
biggrin.gif

But if you did would it make a difference???? Hell no!
biggrin.gif

Nov 18, 2004 at 3:46 PM Post #137 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowWorm
Yes, actually. I posted that I was possibly interested in purchasing an AudioQuest Diamondback IC, and Bill told me to give him my address and he would send me his because it didn't workout with his system. It was a BIG help to me because I was really broke at the time. I offered to at least pay for the shipping, and he said don't worry about it. Although I wouldn't take advantage of his generousity by asking him for anything if I were you, if he knew you needed something he would probably just give it to you, that's just the kind of guy he is. What else can I say except, thanks Bill, your one of the reasons why Head-Fi is such a special place.

That's a good point to take away from this thread - that no matter what your financial situation, we all have the same disease. Since we're all in this together, it's nice to see plenty of folks helping others out on the boards. BTW, how do you like those Diamondbacks? I've tried a few alternatives (in my budget) but I still come back to them!

Nov 18, 2004 at 3:53 PM Post #138 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
That's a good point to take away from this thread - that no matter what your financial situation, we all have the same disease. Since we're all in this together, it's nice to see plenty of folks helping others out on the boards. BTW, how do you like those Diamondbacks? I've tried a few alternatives (in my budget) but I still come back to them!

Yes, they're quite exellent. I'm using it between my amp and source, a step or two above my Outlaw PCA. It's good enough to make me wonder why anyone would spend anymore on a IC?

Nov 19, 2004 at 2:13 AM Post #139 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn

confused.gif
disease????? Dude there's nothing wrong with me. In fact I am getting better by buying more stuff!!!!!
tongue.gif

Nov 19, 2004 at 2:24 AM Post #140 of 191
Including the losses due to a failed attempt at DIY and other expenses, I've probably spent over a G.

Atm, my rig is:

NAD C542 - $340
Amp to Come - $300
HD650 - $310

You know how to add.
biggrin.gif

Nov 19, 2004 at 2:41 AM Post #141 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Including the losses due to a failed attempt at DIY and other expenses, I've probably spent over a G.

Atm, my rig is:

NAD C542 - $340
Amp to Come - $300
HD650 - $310

You know how to add.
biggrin.gif

Dude if I knew how to add then I wouldn't of bought half the stuff in the first place!!!!!
tongue.gif

Nov 19, 2004 at 3:45 PM Post #144 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReasonablyLucid
I think I broke $3,100 last week...
Next up, new source (Probably about $200) and a huge stash of sacd/dvda's (Have about $150 worth picked out).

All within 3.5 months of joining...

I hate you headfi.

Dude that's a hot pace you are setting there its about $1000 a month!
eek.gif

Nov 20, 2004 at 2:29 AM Post #145 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by mneuwiueyagaobcf
I have spent 2.2kUSD.

Would have spent much less if we had the prices you lucky americans have.

Is the prices in australia more expensive???? Can U give a few examples?

Nov 20, 2004 at 8:08 AM Post #146 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Dude that's a hot pace you are setting there its about $1000 a month!
eek.gif

I think Ive offically reached the point of diminishing returns on hardware so all my costs from here on out will be music
tongue.gif

Nov 20, 2004 at 3:43 PM Post #147 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReasonablyLucid
I think Ive offically reached the point of diminishing returns on hardware so all my costs from here on out will be music
tongue.gif

Good idea. Where do you get all that money from to spend $1000 a month average on headphone equipment? With that kind of spending average did you win the lottery?

Nov 20, 2004 at 6:56 PM Post #148 of 191
My outlay is pretty ridiculous given it's been over a period of just over 9 mos. Fortunately, I'm pretty much done except for pwr amp(s). Mom's giving me a VPI 16.5 for xmas. I may try a new cartridge at some point but now I'm mainly in the Vinyl Aquisition Mode.
I'll probably need some tubes or something but if I keep spending at this rate somebody needs to take me out!
CPW

Nov 21, 2004 at 1:50 AM Post #149 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpw
My outlay is pretty ridiculous given it's been over a period of just over 9 mos. Fortunately, I'm pretty much done except for pwr amp(s). Mom's giving me a VPI 16.5 for xmas. I may try a new cartridge at some point but now I'm mainly in the Vinyl Aquisition Mode.
I'll probably need some tubes or something but if I keep spending at this rate somebody needs to take me out!
CPW

It depends if you feel it is ridiculous. The amount of money I spent on my system I feel is totally worth every penny although over the next few weeks I am gonna sell of my excess headphones and amps. I probably listen to it 5 to 6 hours a day on it. People don't understand why you need to spend over let's say 5k when 1k will do the same job. That I can agree with but it how it does the job that's when I know 1k can't cut it. Not everyone is a student, a parent, married. So it is easy for me to make the decision. If I was any of the those I probably have a sytem costing 1k tops or at least much less than what I have now. Since joining headfi my spending has gone down, hard to believe but it's tru. I was planning to start my speaker setup again and finish my home cinema system. And they are even more expensive then buying headphones or headamps. Although I was to get a cd player for either setup.

Nov 21, 2004 at 7:11 AM Post #150 of 191
Definitely way too much in my case. My main rig alone is pricey enough.

Headphone:
Senn HD-650: $300
Audio Technica AT-A100Ti: $230
Grado SR-325: 200
Unmodded CD300: $315
JVC HA-D990 x2: $70
Sony MDR-CD3000 w/ Baby R10 cups, and silver Dragon cable: $600

Cable & IC:
Zu Mobius: $200
Blue Dragon: $100
Various IC, powercord: $450

Amp:
PPA w/ Diamond Buffer and STEPS: $600
RKV MKII w/ Impedancer: $600
HA100K: $200

Source:
SACDmods Sony SCD-C555ES: $1200
Phillips 963SA: $250

Portable: I've lost count on it.

Total: 5.3K (A lot considering I was just searching for a pair of headphones w/o amp to replace my Sony MDR-E888!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back