How many songs do you have in your music library?
May 5, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #76 of 615
Quote:
So whats the difference when you rip a cd to flac format? i have  alot of original 320 kbps rip but just a small amount of 128 kbps ,i usually look for it in the highest format but some cant be found in good format. 

Lossless files compress the song, like a zip file. Everything is inside when you open it. Think of it like folding a piece of paper in fourths. You can open it back up and have all the information that was on the paper.

Lossy files compress the song and disregard data from various parts to make it smaller. Not everything is there when you open it. It's like cutting a piece of paper in fourths and not keeping all the pieces. You can never get that piece of paper back entirely and the info it contained is forever lost.

Your other post about upconverting video to 1080p is a good example. There weren't  2.1 million pixels to begin with (the number of pixels in a 1080p frame), so these new pixels are imagined by the computer, using various algorithms to turn 1 pixel into 4, and blend, etc... basically making stuff up that doesn't exist. This is the same thing as converting low bitrate 128 or so, to higher bitrate. The computer is just making up information that doesn't exist and is accurate or inaccurate to varying and uncontrollable degrees.

May 5, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #77 of 615
Quote:
Total Tracks: 109,388
Total Albums: 8,818
Total Artists: 2,142
Total Genres: 76
Total Playing Time: 7495:29:23

All flac, on a 4tb drive enclosure, ripped via dbpoweramp.

OMG dude youve reached your max...step away from the computer 
tongue_smile.gif

May 5, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #78 of 615
Quote:

Lossless files compress the song, like a zip file. Everything is inside when you open it. Think of it like folding a piece of paper in fourths. You can open it back up and have all the information that was on the paper.

Lossy files compress the song and disregard data from various parts to make it smaller. Not everything is there when you open it. It's like cutting a piece of paper in fourths and not keeping all the pieces. You can never get that piece of paper back entirely and the info it contained is forever lost.

Your other post about upconverting video to 1080p is a good example. There weren't  2.1 million pixels to begin with (the number of pixels in a 1080p frame), so these new pixels are imagined by the computer, using various algorithms to turn 1 pixel into 4, and blend, etc... basically making stuff up that doesn't exist. This is the same thing as converting low bitrate 128 or so, to higher bitrate. The computer is just making up information that doesn't exist and is accurate or inaccurate to varying and uncontrollable degrees.

Thanks for the additional Information

May 5, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #81 of 615
Might as well named this thread "hey how big is your epenis?"

I keep two libraries, the first is music I actually listen to and the second is music I want saved just in case. I hate scrolling through hundreds of artists I don't remember or listen to.

main library
12,597 songs, of that 96.4 percent is flac, 1251 albums, and 390 artists. Almost exactly 400 gigs. The songs that aren't flac are web only releases that aren't available in flac. It's all organized with large album artwork in the folders.

The second library is difficult to judge, but it's around 250 gigs. It's mostly flac still with more mp3. It's all unorganized and mixed with the random movie or two. Plus there are a lot of duplicates. I also have a second copy of my music in flac, and yet another copy of my music in v0 mp3 on an external drive.

May 5, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #82 of 615
I only keep my actual playlists listed on Media Monkey. Other than that I'll just wade through my collection if necessary. All my playlists go onto my DX100 and Studio V.

May 5, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #83 of 615
I have approximately 20,000+ songs and counting.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
May 6, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #84 of 615
62,586 lossless tracks. No MP3s.

I generally play on random and constantly suprise myself with stuff I forgot I had.

Regards

Macrog

May 9, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #89 of 615
Quote:
Might as well named this thread "hey how big is your epenis?"

I keep two libraries, the first is music I actually listen to and the second is music I want saved just in case. I hate scrolling through hundreds of artists I don't remember or listen to.

main library
12,597 songs, of that 96.4 percent is flac, 1251 albums, and 390 artists. Almost exactly 400 gigs. The songs that aren't flac are web only releases that aren't available in flac. It's all organized with large album artwork in the folders.

The second library is difficult to judge, but it's around 250 gigs. It's mostly flac still with more mp3. It's all unorganized and mixed with the random movie or two. Plus there are a lot of duplicates. I also have a second copy of my music in flac, and yet another copy of my music in v0 mp3 on an external drive.

Seems like you have alot of HDD space

May 10, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #90 of 615
I find it funny that nobody voted for Country music in the poll. And also, why don't you have an option for Blues music? And Classical? I could probably go on with the Genre's that you didn't list but I don't want to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back