How many songs do you have in your music library?
May 10, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #91 of 615
Quote:
I find it funny that nobody voted for Country music in the poll. And also, why don't you have an option for Blues music? And Classical? I could probably go on with the Genre's that you didn't list but I don't want to.

Well i should of put classical  but the other genre you mention might suffer the same fate as country music (that is 0 votes) , i gonna still try to reopen the poll and add those if i can 
wink_face.gif

May 10, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #92 of 615
Ok that's good . . . hopefully people would vote for Blues music . . . if nobody did I would be sad. Blues music is one of the only genre's where I can consistently like EVERY song in an album. Blues music is my heart and soul along with 90's Hip Hop classics such as the album Illmatic by Nas.

EDIT: By the way, have any of you listened to the album Let Them Talk by Hugh Laurie? It's a nice Blues album.

May 10, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #93 of 615
oh well i voted for rock, but i would of chose indie if it was up there, i have atm 1213 flac, but i am in the process of switching pc,s so im gonna add another 1000 or so to that when i transfer the rest :)

Jun 1, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #96 of 615
Currently I have about 550GB of music (500GB of flac/wav on a hard drive, and 50GB of 320 kbps MOG downloads in iPhone). I listen to varieties of genres (see my profile). 

Does anyone here want to trade, with me, CD's or entire music library? Please check out my classified in my signature. I am working to expand my music library and find new artists/music. 

Jun 2, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #97 of 615
Right now I have a media server and running 2 1.5 TB in raid 1 for music and I have 0.98 TB of mostly flac files that I ripped myself since flac existed I guess (old age maybe I can't remember when) with 5,439 albums, 60,813 songs. Any one with a decent collection needs to BACKUP. I've read a few horror stories and it happened to me even in raid. It took me forever to rebuild. I'm waiting for blu-ray media to get a bit cheaper and I'll have a hard copy, don't have to rebuild my library the way I like it. My biggest genre is classic rock with about 360 GB followed by prog-rock with around 200GB. Then a bit of everything except hip-hop, and western.

Jun 3, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #98 of 615
I have about 75 gigs of high quality rips and half is lossless. I went five years with the whole collection on my ipod and never felt compelled to add anything to it. There was just too much to listen to. After getting into headfi I finally formatted it and added new music in alac. 

Jun 3, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #99 of 615
About 100 gigs or so, almost all lossless.  But have to say, i spend most of my time listening to Spotify these days.  I'm getting addicted. 

Jun 5, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #101 of 615
I have a little over 13k in my lossless library and a little over 15k in my 256k aac library (of which 13k would be compressed versions of the lossless files).

Majority would be rock/metal but also a lot of blues, jazz, pop and a touch of country and symphony.  Absolutely no rap / hip hop.

Jun 6, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #102 of 615
Quote:
Right now I have a media server and running 2 1.5 TB in raid 1 for music and I have 0.98 TB of mostly flac files that I ripped myself since flac existed I guess (old age maybe I can't remember when) with 5,439 albums, 60,813 songs. Any one with a decent collection needs to BACKUP. I've read a few horror stories and it happened to me even in raid. It took me forever to rebuild. I'm waiting for blu-ray media to get a bit cheaper and I'll have a hard copy, don't have to rebuild my library the way I like it. My biggest genre is classic rock with about 360 GB followed by prog-rock with around 200GB. Then a bit of everything except hip-hop, and western.

Western lol isnt that a movie type , dont you mean country lol jk wow , i could never reach that amount even if a collected albums and also take it easy on the music Daaaaaaaam ,the amount you have can run a radio station for a while 
L3000.gif

Jun 6, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #103 of 615
Quote:
I have about 75 gigs of high quality rips and half is lossless. I went five years with the whole collection on my ipod and never felt compelled to add anything to it. There was just too much to listen to. After getting into headfi I finally formatted it and added new music in alac. 

Damn man take it easy 
basshead.gif

Jun 6, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #104 of 615
Quote:
I have a little over 13k in my lossless library and a little over 15k in my 256k aac library (of which 13k would be compressed versions of the lossless files).

Majority would be rock/metal but also a lot of blues, jazz, pop and a touch of country and symphony.  Absolutely no rap / hip hop.

Quote:
About 100 gigs or so, almost all lossless.  But have to say, i spend most of my time listening to Spotify these days.  I'm getting addicted. 

lol why you hating on rap and hip hop 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back