How many headphones are too many?
Dec 18, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #78 of 155
Still poor reference though, you don't wash headphones and they generally cost a lot more.

Very often not. Women's outfits can easily top $1,000 for a set, and men's suits are often higher.

Dec 18, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #82 of 155
Very often not. Women's outfits can easily top $1,000 for a set, and men's suits are often higher.

Haha...I pity the fool who has to wear a suit. 

Give me denim or give me death.

Dec 18, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #84 of 155
Since I do most of my listening at home in an easy chair or at my desktop, I've restricted myself to two, one open and one closed.  I try to keep them for some time and get to know them and their personalities.  When I tire of one or both, I might sell or trade and, for me, that's the fun part of this hobby.  I've never been a collector but I do enjoy trying various offerings in keeping with a certain sound signature I prefer.  

Now, that said I just realized I have never tried an Audeze lcd-3.  :)

Dec 18, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #85 of 155
I have 2 for the office, and 2 for home listening. 

Currently looking for a pair for on-the go. 
wink.gif

Dec 18, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #88 of 155
I think anything above two headphones can be considered too many. One earbud to lug around plus a good headphone or IEM for your full setup. Anything more, you better have some specific genre in mind or at least good recordings to back it up.

But that's just my opinion.

If you're a system tweaker or simply want to spend, there's no such thing as too many headphones. 

Dec 18, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #89 of 155
  Since I do most of my listening at home in an easy chair or at my desktop, I've restricted myself to two, one open and one closed.  I try to keep them for some time and get to know them and their personalities.  When I tire of one or both, I might sell or trade and, for me, that's the fun part of this hobby.  I've never been a collector but I do enjoy trying various offerings in keeping with a certain sound signature I prefer.  

Now, that said I just realized I have never tried an Audeze lcd-3.  :)

I also have two (open and close) for home use, the T1 and K550, but I don't think I'll get tired of them.

I then have the DT1350 for portable use when isolation is needed...the PX100, also for portable needs...the GR07 and MDR7550 for travel...and the Mikros 90 for office use.

All these headphones are indispensable - just right for a modern man's needs.  Anything less would be uncivilized.
biggrin.gif

Dec 18, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #90 of 155
Maybe the one headphone opinion is a one genre opinion, and that includes buying only one very expensive headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back