How many headphones are too many?
Nov 12, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #151 of 155
So in conclusion...one can never have too many 😄
Exactly!!! 😄

I'll have 7 after my B&W Px7 S2 arrive. I also was given a pair of Beats Studio 3. My dad received them as a gift, but they're too small for his ears. So he gave them to me.

Not as bassy as previous beats but they're not great. With EQ they are a little better. Not the worst I've heard that's for sure.

Nov 12, 2022 at 9:50 AM Post #152 of 155
My happy place seems to be three headphones, anymore and I feel that one of them does not get the love they need.
I like to make sure I have an open and closed headphone and a dynamic and planar.
It's 4 for me. If/when I get a 8000 or Raal I'll keep them, the existing 4 because resale is too low, but the time listened to them is going to collectively go well down.

Nov 12, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #153 of 155
I think 5 may be a right number for me.
2 estat
3 dynamic

My must keep or rebuying if lost are shure1200, hd800s and ibasso sr1 (mod)

Nov 12, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #154 of 155
I think 1 would be sufficient if that's all I reach for. It just depends on if I have interest in listening to them, so it's going to be 1 or 2 at a time since time is limited. No reason to keep things around collecting dust or care to collect things.

I prefer to keep 1 all rounder ideally. I like simplicity and practicality, so it makes no sense why I'm in this hobby. I have a travel headphone as well. ANC. That would be the other for practical reasons. Oh, and one TWS iem for excercise. I guess that's minimum, but ideally, the best solution is to simplify for practicality reasons. I've changed over the years to really dislike clunky audiophile systems. I really don't like all the baggage. The DAC, amp chain, bla.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #155 of 155
I think 1 would be sufficient if that's all I reach for. It just depends on if I have interest in listening to them, so it's going to be 1 or 2 at a time since time is limited. No reason to keep things around collecting dust or care to collect things.

I prefer to keep 1 all rounder ideally. I like simplicity and practicality, so it makes no sense why I'm in this hobby. I have a travel headphone as well. ANC. That would be the other for practical reasons. Oh, and one TWS iem for excercise. I guess that's minimum, but ideally, the best solution is to simplify for practicality reasons. I've changed over the years to really dislike clunky audiophile systems. I really don't like all the baggage. The DAC, amp chain, bla.
And which headphones have you kept?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back