How many headphones are too many?
Dec 4, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #31 of 155
  Nope once i get my Mjolnir and Gungnir and whatever open headphone I decide, I will be done with my headphone rack. And then i will build a small Turntable/Speaker rack and then be done with audio for a long time. Set goals and limits and you can be done if you want to be :wink: 

Your sig said you sold your DT 880 pros and got out of headphones for a while, they were that bad? :wink:

Dec 4, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #32 of 155
   Your sig said you sold your DT 880 pros and got out of headphones for a while, they were that bad? :wink:

No i had other priorities at that time.. they are great headphones i really liked them. And If you are looking at those headphones that i used to own. those dates are no where correct its just when I added them i owned those 880 pros like 5-6 years ago..

Dec 4, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #33 of 155

Sell off the stuff and just order nicer things from here... xba-3 isn't high end at all.

may be , but i like stuffs with better value .

Dec 4, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #34 of 155
*Sigh*

I'm about to hit 5.

Logitech UE900* - balanced armature iem portable
KEF M500 - closed on-ear dynamic semi-portable
Beyerdynamic T90 - open around-ear dynamic home use
Hifiman HE-500 - open around-ear planar magnetic home use
Koss ESP950* - open around-ear electrostatic home use

*Coming in soon.

Also have some MartinLogan Motion 4 bookshelf speakers.

Guess I like a variety of technologies.
redface.gif

Dec 4, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #35 of 155
IMO, I think more than 3 for one scenario (home or portable) is too much. There's no reason to collect a menagerie of fail-cans, or have several $1k+ cans other than a personal sign of wealth, or you're some kind of museum collector.

Dec 5, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #36 of 155
But I can't bear to sell them off. Someone help me

Dec 5, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #38 of 155
HE500 when she's awake, K550 when she's asleep and UE iems when travelling. But it' so hard to resist the temptation to add another pairs especially with all the sale season lately.

Dec 5, 2013 at 4:43 AM Post #39 of 155
I think "too much" or "too many" depends -

are you collecting just for the sake of accumulating headphones?
have you lost interest in listening to any?
are you spending on them imprudently?

I have several headphones, but each has its place; I enjoy listening to 
any and all of them.  

Dec 5, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #43 of 155
I'm waiting for an episode of the show Hoarders to feature one of us on it. I figured some of us have enough headphones to be considered a headphone hoarder, right?

Dec 5, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #44 of 155
There can be no such thing as too many headphones! They all have unique sonic properties that make them unique! And when you couple that with your source, amps and dacs! Endless changing sounds!!! So BUY BUY BUY away fellow head-fiers!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back