How hard is it to live with the adapter of Hifiman RE-ZERO?
Sep 1, 2010 at 8:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

blankdisc

500+ Head-Fier
Hi,
I am hoping someone who actually owns RE-ZERO can tell me how hard it is to live with the adapter of Hifiman RE-ZERO on an iPhone? I am certain that I will be very happy with the SQ, but it's no good if it ends up on the desk most of time. My backup choice is Thinksound Rain which i can get for about $60, so it's also $40 cheaper.
Thanks in advance for any feedback. 

Sep 2, 2010 at 2:06 PM Post #2 of 11
I have no problems with mine.  Hard to live with?  You gotta be kidding.

We are talking about the cable adapter, right?  The big block adapter you've seen in some threads is definitely inconvenient; if you don't have the cable adapter, contact Head-Direct about it.

Edit: If you are on the fence about them, just shoot forth, you won't regret it.  
wink_face.gif
  Yes, I do own a pair.

Sep 2, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #3 of 11
I personally prefer the 'big block adapter' over the cable and find it to be just fine.

Sep 2, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #4 of 11
Great! Thank you both for the feedback. Just ordered one. can't wait to get it. Just broke my ER-6i recently. Is it shipped from China?
BTW, has anyone tried to replace the balanced plug of the RE-ZERO with normal stereo headphone plug? 

Sep 2, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #6 of 11
I use the block adapter like ClieOS if using it with my clip+. I don't like the cable as much but if one of them fails I have a backup. Also you should receive it pretty fast since they are in Queens, NY. It shouldn't take very long.

Sep 2, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #7 of 11
I typically use the cable adapter with my Sansa Fuze and the big block with everything else. It's a minor gripe at best so i definitely wouldn't refer to it as "hard to live with".

Sep 3, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #9 of 11
If you throw both the big block adapter and a fairly large portable players (say, iphone) into pants pocket, wouldn't the adapter likely damage the player's socket when it's stressed and bent in the pocket?

Sep 3, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #10 of 11
I've never had any issues or concerns about it. If you don't want to use the block there's the cable adapter as well.

Sep 3, 2010 at 9:47 PM Post #11 of 11
If you really don't want that adapter, than just go for the RE0. Contrary to popular belief, they are good to drive ampless. Don't let the 64 ohm impedance fool you.
The RE0 sound just great btw (especially with aftermarket tips).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back