How do you setup your amp/dac with your laptop?
Sep 21, 2012 at 4:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

krzkrzkrz

New Head-Fier
Just got my Fiio E17. Pretty awesome! I can already notice sound quality improvement. When connecting the amp/dac to your laptop, what do you leave the volume settings on? i.e. laptop laptop volume at 50% and let the amp/dac control the volume?

Also, what do you leave your amp/dac gain to?

Sep 21, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #2 of 4
I've read on here that for optimal audio quality, the laptop should be at 100%, and volume should be controlled by the Amp.
My HRT Music streamer automatically sets my laptop volume at 100%, but when I use my E10/E9, I usually have my laptop volume about half way (because I don't really care). Test it out for yourself and see if you notice any difference.

As for gain, test it out as well and see which you like better. That's the name of the game when it comes to audio. My preference: I leave mine on low, and would switch to high if I needed added volume from a demanding can.

Sep 21, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #4 of 4
Highest signal output should be upchain at the start. Computer output ~%80-90 or full even, then control the volume at the end if you can.  Just my opinion. Best signal first then play around later.

There was a thread in here maybe in the computer section about all this I did look into it a while back.

best thing is to try it yourself and see what you notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back