How do they compare nowadays?
Jan 6, 2012 at 10:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

K-MONEY

Banned for flipping
The big boy on the block are the V-Moda M-80. The last time I tried V-Moda headphones, to be more specific, the Crossfade LP, I was VERY let down and didn't look back at that company. Even though their products look great, what's more important is sound quality. I'm a fan of the Denon AH-D2k-7k lineup, beyerdynamic dt990, and Audio Technica ATH M-50; although I no longer own any, I had at once and can brightly remember what a marvelous experience I have had with them.

My question is how do the NEW M-80s compare to these bad boys? Do you guys think they produce a more modern sound quality being that they were manufactured in 2011 as compared to many years ago? In other words, do they sound better in many areas than older headphones? I understand that comfort, size and looks will always be different.

Jan 6, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #2 of 4
I don't think audio changes to suite a different time period. From what i understand the m80s are a more neutral mainstream consumer oriented headphone. I would still put more money into something proven like the at m50s personally. Saying this i ordered a m80 but it hasn't arrived yet.

Jan 6, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #4 of 4
I own the M50s and I got my son the M-80s for Christmas. I listened to the M-80s over the Christmas break and all I can say is that I did not want to part with them! Music is presented in a smoother fashion- the highs are just smoother- they lack the edginess the M50s have. Bass has just as much impact. I think the area where they excel is in the mid-range. Vocals are nicely presented- definitely better than the M50s in the mid-range. A little bigger sound stage than the M50s, likely due to the venting on the M-80s. They are quite comfortable for an on-ear phone as well. If I had to choose one over the other, I would choose the M-80s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back