HM-901
Aug 26, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #1,757 of 3,522
Good news. I bought a Kingston 64GB SD Card, and it works perfectly fine. 

Aug 26, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #1,759 of 3,522
Any one else notice that HM-901 with standard amp has been removed from Head Direct store?

Fang just mentioned that until all the qa is done, there will be no standard amps shipping- just iem amps.

Aug 26, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #1,761 of 3,522
Let's just say I don't have a high opinion of the Tera and leave at that.

Regarding the HM-901, it makes NO DIFFERENCE whatsoever.
Did tou test the compatibility of ALL cards with the 901. The Tera may not be to your liking but it never blew up an iem in my ear...so questioning card compatibility does not seem crazy :)

Aug 26, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #1,762 of 3,522
Did tou test the compatibility of ALL cards with the 901. The Tera may not be to your liking but it never blew up an iem in my ear...so questioning card compatibility does not seem crazy :)

I dont think the SD Card has an effect on that... maybe the format but I'm nor sure. What I know is the standard amp card had some problems...

Aug 26, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #1,763 of 3,522
I dont think the SD Card has an effect on that... maybe the format but I'm nor sure. What I know is the standard amp card had some problems...
Of course it has no effect I was kidding :) What I mean is that some DAPs have shown to be compatible with some cards and not others. As the 901 is not perfect, I juat wanted to know if guys had encountered more success with some cards than with others...just to be sure as 128gb are expensive.

Aug 26, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #1,764 of 3,522
Was just about to send back my 901 to the store I bought it from I had a feeling the supplier didn't believe me and I even questioned myself to be honest. I hope that I will be sent the balanced card instead of the stock one now my 901 sounds horrendous but at least now the issue will be dealt with promptly. Unit didn't go loud enough to do any damage to my hd 600,s. Currently the device is still in the box...

Aug 26, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #1,765 of 3,522
Of course it has no effect I was kidding :) What I mean is that some DAPs have shown to be compatible with some cards and not others. As the 901 is not perfect, I juat wanted to know if guys had encountered more success with some cards than with others...just to be sure as 128gb are expensive.

Its hard to sense sarcasm in text xD

yes I know... i trust Transcend right now but I have Kingston 128 and it works well too.

Aug 26, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #1,766 of 3,522
Has anyone tried driving the LCD2s with their 901? If so, how does it compare to your desktop setup?

Aug 26, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #1,768 of 3,522
Quote:
Thanks for KillerX's post. I have confirmed with him that it is a standard amplifier module damaging problem because his 901 line out is working fine. I do have a feeling it is a stupid problem that can be solved by burn in in factory, but we need to do more research other than burn in. I have called our manufacturing manager 5 min ago and we will check all of our stock standard card and make sure this problem will not happen again. We will check our AD8397 vendor about this problem as well and make sure it is not a chip problem. We are also working on QC procedures so that we can 100% get rid of defective amp cards before shipping. From now on we will buring in all amplfier modules for 48 hrs before shipping.

Because we can not ship standard card at this short period time, all customers who currently have pending 901 with standard card order will get IEM cards to replace standard card. 

Could using a balanced IEM (like RE400 or RE600) and the 901 HP output connector in Balanced position cause problems if the amp card is a single ended one like the Standard or IEM amp?

Aug 26, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #1,770 of 3,522
Quote:
Quote:
Has anyone tried driving the LCD2s with their 901? If so, how does it compare to your desktop setup?

I will try my LCD3s later with my 901
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks VisceriousZERO, I am anxious to hear your opinion. I am going back and fourth between spending a grand grabbing a 901 as a premium mobile solution or getting what is seen as a mediocre desktop solution specifically for my LCD2s. However, I have been surprised at how great even my C3/BH2 combo can make the LCD2s sound so I have high hope for the 901.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back