HM-901
Aug 24, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #1,696 of 3,522
Quote:
Killerx,

It seems to me that it is just the amp card that failed.  if the line outs play correctly, then everything before the amp card is working.  It is probably just the amp card.  I would email HiFiMAN and let them know what you tried, and they should be able to take care of you.

Where are you located, btw?

thank you so much. I am based in Singapore. Terrible hassle to ship back and forth. 

Aug 24, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #1,701 of 3,522
Quote:

thank you so much. I am based in Singapore. Terrible hassle to ship back and forth. 

do they not have distribution in Singapore?  That is the issue with buying online - but a reputable dealer will honor warranties.  when you ship it back, make sure you indicate that it is a return/defective, and make sure that the seller marks the replacement as such, so no additional taxes/duties get paid.  

Oops, almost forgot to mention that if it is just the amp card, they may be able to just replace it.  If that fixes the 901 issue, then you are done.  They can also send you new RE600s, but they probably would want them back.  Who/how did you buy them from in the first place?

Aug 24, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #1,702 of 3,522
Hi KillerX,

We apologize for what happened. We will like to help you asap. It seemed like your standard amplifier card got some problem. Please use the lineout cable and test if the line out is still working fine. If so, we will like to send you a balanced card or minibox card for free. For your broken earphones, we will like to send you RE600 to exchange your broken one. If you need any further help, please let us know. 

Best,
Fang

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Aug 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #1,703 of 3,522
Hi KillerX,

We apologize for what happened. We will like to help you asap. It seemed like your standard amplifier card got some problem. Please use the lineout cable and test if the line out is still working fine. If so, we will like to send you a balanced card or minibox card for free. For your broken earphones, we will like to send you RE600 to exchange your broken one. If you need any further help, please let us know. 

Best,
Fang

wow! why my std amp board (or battery or charger or the player or their maker ;p) never caused me any problem! I can use a free dock or sth too!! Killar, since you have re600, jump on the balanced amp! it is truly amazing.

seriously I had my share of build quality concerns before the purchase but my experience thus far with 901 had been extremely satisfied, I don't even need to pamper it like I do for my ak120 for its delicate skin.....

now Fang, when is the Dock coming?

p.s. thnanks for listening to us with the charging cradle, and not forcing another charger together with it.

Aug 24, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #1,704 of 3,522
Just think I bought my last DAP as I bought the 901 with balanced card. I have never been excited like this before and can't wait. I own the Altman player, DX100, and RWAK100.

you may also want to check out the re600 to go with your balanced amp! trust me, you will be even more excited.

Aug 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #1,705 of 3,522
Hi KKCC,

We are still working on dock station currently. We are working with our USB receiver vendor to make sure the dock station got USB 2.0 digital audio input (24bit). We have finished hardware design any way. 

Best,
Fang

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Aug 24, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #1,708 of 3,522
Hi KKCC,

We are still working on dock station currently. We are working with our USB receiver vendor to make sure the dock station got USB 2.0 digital audio input (24bit). We have finished hardware design any way. 

Best,
Fang

great! looking forward to it. been using ak120 but I do think it suffers from jitter. please do get your USB design right, I need it for my living room and the mac book air on my coffee end streaming files from my NAS. My desk rig is all in my room and I can only use ak120 for now in the living room MBA. While serviceable for IEM, it can't really drive cans well.

Aug 24, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #1,709 of 3,522
Quote:
Hi KillerX,

Best,
Fang

Dr Fang, i really appreciate the call you made to me just awhile ago. Not many companies in this age would go to such lengths to ensure the satisfaction and safety of their customers, let alone a foreign one. As I also mentioned in the conversation, i am also thankful on your kind gesture.

For the rest of the community, i am very thankful and heartened by some of your comments of concern made after i have posted on the fault. My ear is much better now and i hope that my experience does not affect how you enjoy the product or how you might have been contemplating purchasing this product. I believe this to be a one-off incident and i need to apologize for all the fuss i made although my intentions were to seek clarification on the problem as well as to find out if such a history existed. For those who would like to know, Dr Fang offered to ship a balanced card as well as a new RE600 without the need for me to ship back. Top notch customer service in any part of the world if you ask me, total trust of his customers. 

I would also like to repeat my thanks and heartfelt gratitude to many of the users here who offered solutions and words of concern to a stranger like myself. I have not been an active user and i certainly feel that it is a close-knit group akin to a family. You guys are knowledgeable and the best! Thank you so much! :)

Aug 24, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #1,710 of 3,522
Dr Fang, i really appreciate the call you made to me just awhile ago. Not many companies in this age would go to such lengths to ensure the satisfaction and safety of their customers, let alone a foreign one. As I also mentioned in the conversation, i am also thankful on your kind gesture.

For the rest of the community, i am very thankful and heartened by some of your comments of concern made after i have posted on the fault. My ear is much better now and i hope that my experience does not affect how you enjoy the product or how you might have been contemplating purchasing this product. I believe this to be a one-off incident and i need to apologize for all the fuss i made although my intentions were to seek clarification on the problem as well as to find out if such a history existed. For those who would like to know, Dr Fang offered to ship a balanced card as well as a new RE600 without the need for me to ship back. Top notch customer service in any part of the world if you ask me, total trust of his customers. 

I would also like to repeat my thanks and heartfelt gratitude to many of the users here who offered solutions and words of concern to a stranger like myself. I have not been an active user and i certainly feel that it is a close-knit group akin to a family. You guys are knowledgeable and the best! Thank you so much! :)

good to hear it works out well in end for you killerx! looking forward to your impression when you get the new kit. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back