HM-901
Dec 3, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #196 of 3,522
Quote:

i disagree, dx100 is undoubtedly a competitor to the hm901. so why limits the talk? not only the dx100, the iriver ak100, i also think it can be discussed over here for the sake of comparison.

Honestly I don't really care at this point. Fang has been anything but courteous to the headfiers here. Should I really be concerned with etiquette myself?

Dec 3, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #199 of 3,522
Quote:
if still no news in january, im probably going to stop waiting and just get the dx100, seriously

Maybe you should read the latest news on the DX100. ibasso will be sending their API to both Power Amp and Neutron so they will both be supporting the DX100 in 24/192 in the future. Good by 901 lmao. I see no reason to get the 901 at all.

Dec 3, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #201 of 3,522
That's all speculation and pixie dust until we see results. Obviously they delayed the product longer because it is not up to snuff.

Dec 3, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #202 of 3,522
Quote:
That's all speculation and pixie dust until we see results. Obviously they delayed the product longer because it is not up to snuff.

there are prototypes that seem to have good reviews (they claim its better than the dx100) but there are so few and i dont really know the people who are reviewing it. i prefer to trust more trustworthy source like mike from headfonia or someone like that

Dec 3, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #203 of 3,522
Quote:

there are prototypes that seem to have good reviews (they claim its better than the dx100) but there are so few and i dont really know the people who are reviewing it. i prefer to trust more trustworthy source like mike from headfonia or someone like that

I prefer to trust someone who actually purchases the gear themselves opposed to possibly getting incentives. There was an owner of the DX100 who commented and didn't feel the 901 was better still, just FYI :wink:.

Dec 4, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #205 of 3,522
Quote:
True
biggrin.gif
well will you be getting the hm901?

Highly doubt it. Especially after what ibasso has done recently and Hifimans lack of caring for headfiers. Why would I turn my back on ibasso? I don't feel the need to upgrade (which I doubt it would be an upgrade, more like a side grade).

Dec 4, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #207 of 3,522
Quote:
Yep well maybe UI is an upgrade?

That is very possible and at the same time ibasso is further working on their UI with great success. Plus the options of Power Amp and Neutron. I just don't see the Hifiman topping that. You'll have a lot more versatility on the DX100 that you'll never get on the Hifiman. With the Power Amp UI I feel it is right up there with Apples UI.

Dec 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #209 of 3,522
That is very possible and at the same time ibasso is further working on their UI with great success. Plus the options of Power Amp and Neutron. I just don't see the Hifiman topping that. You'll have a lot more versatility on the DX100 that you'll never get on the Hifiman. With the Power Amp UI I feel it is right up there with Apples UI.

I certainly hope it matches apple UI. That will be a very strong selling point

Users who are viewing this thread

Back