HM-901
Nov 27, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #166 of 3,522
Quote:
BTW lee730, a headfier mentioned if you turn on the dx100 and don't play anything, every minute or so there will be cracking noise. Do you experience that too?

I haven't noticed that. Then again I normally won't leave it on long without music. He may have been referring to the sleep mod kicking in. I've had that happen before but that was on an older firmware more so. Unless he has wifi enabled that could also be causing that noise he is talking about.

Nov 27, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #168 of 3,522
Quote:
I haven't noticed that. Then again I normally won't leave it on long without music. He may have been referring to the sleep mod kicking in. I've had that happen before but that was on an older firmware more so. Unless he has wifi enabled that could also be causing that noise he is talking about.

thank you

Nov 27, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #169 of 3,522
Quote:
Can the Triad L3 be used on the go, like on a car, ie powered by an internal battery? Or can it only be used being plugged into an outlet?

You can use it on the go with the rechargeable batteries. It will only last 3 to 4 hours on each charge though with the included batteries. Still the Triad will not give you 100% of it's performance from those batteries. It really opens up with the dedicated PSU (not just a regular wall wart). I feel I was getting around 80% to 85% of its performance on the batteries and got a very nice increase from the PSU.

Nov 27, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #170 of 3,522
Quote:
You can use it on the go with the rechargeable batteries. It will only last 3 to 4 hours on each charge though with the included batteries. Still the Triad will not give you 100% of it's performance from those batteries. It really opens up with the dedicated PSU (not just a regular wall wart). I feel I was getting around 80% to 85% of its performance on the batteries and got a very nice increase from the PSU.

would it be a brick rig if you go dx100>triad l3>energizer?

Nov 27, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #171 of 3,522
Quote:

would it be a brick rig if you go dx100>triad l3>energizer?

Yeah it would be a big rig lol. Honestly I prefer my T1 amp with the DX100 over the Triad/DX100 although a big part of this is synergy. On the Triad the DX100 sound stage presentation is way to big for my liking. I like to have some intimacy in my sound and on this pairing you don't get that. I like both a large sound stage with some intimacy in it still. However it may sound really good on full size headphones or IEMs with little to no sound staging capabilities (in your head IEMs, lot's of depth but not much width).

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #176 of 3,522
Quote:
Since the L3 is so good, how would it compare to the alo rxmk3 and rsa intruder, both also being very expensive portable amps?

I think it would be a good idea to contact shigzeo about it as he was demoing the Triad unit. He did however say it was an unfair comparison between the L3 and the RXMKIII. So you can gather some info just from that comment alone. The RXMKIII will not match the dynamic range of the Triad. You'll have better volume control on the Triad volume pot without channel imbalance and you won't have hiss issues with Sensitive IEMs like on the MKIII. IMO though the Triad is above the MKIII. You properly power it and it's not a fair comparison. The Triad won't show you its true performance from batteries alone, its like a handicap at that point lol. The MKIII is the more portable amp though.

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #177 of 3,522
Quote:
Is the t1 an improvement over the internal dx100 amp or its just personal preference?

I feel it is both an improvement and personal preference. You get a larger sound stage, more balance within that sound stage. Great width and depth and with the very 3D sound the DX100 brings so it's very fun, detailed, balanced, organic, smooth. Hard to fit that all into a sound but it sure does :). I think the DX100 internal amp is a bit warmer, smaller sound stage, still very 3D but not as good as the T1. I could easily live with it but since I have the T1 and I can make it even better of course I'm gonna use it :).

Nov 28, 2012 at 4:59 AM Post #178 of 3,522
I feel it is both an improvement and personal preference. You get a larger sound stage, more balance within that sound stage. Great width and depth and with the very 3D sound the DX100 brings so it's very fun, detailed, balanced, organic, smooth. Hard to fit that all into a sound but it sure does :). I think the DX100 internal amp is a bit warmer, smaller sound stage, still very 3D but not as good as the T1. I could easily live with it but since I have the T1 and I can make it even better of course I'm gonna use it :).

Does t1 run on internal rechargeable battery or AAA or aa battery?

Nov 28, 2012 at 5:16 AM Post #179 of 3,522
It runs on an internal battery. Supposedly it can last up to 80s hours on a charge but I have a hard time believing that myself. Then again I generally use it at half volume all the time on my DX100 clocked around 160 to 170 volume. I've gotten around 25 hours average battery life out of it. It takes about 3 to 4 hours to fully charge via mini usb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back