HM-901
Jan 21, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #3,376 of 3,522
I haven't heard the 240 so I harvest what others have written. :^) There is, as we know, so much personal preference. There are statements that I have read that dap A is better and than dap B and I wonder what they are hearing as I clearly hear something totally different. And so it goes. Internal storage is nice but I have been finding that for me, I am preferring removable storage because I may want a large selection of classical or jazz or rock and so on and prefer a type of plug and play. Great to have choices and even a few on hand to chose from as the mood suites. 

Yes, for me I find it really depends on music/amp board/iem or headphone pairing between the ak240 and 901. For low OI/high sensitivity IEMs I generally prefer the ak240 with more precise volume control. With re600 and balanced card on 901 it pretty rival any of my more expensive IEMs pairing with ak240. Whenever I pick up my ak240 over 901 when I head out, I did so not for the SQ it for the convenience and battery (easier to charge with usb).

When I can carry more bulk and know I have time to listen I would strap my ak240 to the Hugo to get the best portable sound.

When I'm in a rush and need sth quick and pocketable, or going on a flight, I take the ak240.

Jan 21, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #3,377 of 3,522
REQUEST

if you are having the balance problem due to the balanced/normal switch can you please confirm here. Head Direct think I am making it up !

Jan 30, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #3,381 of 3,522
Just bought a coaxial cable to connect to Chord Hugo from Moon Audio. However, doesn't work. It seems Hifiman have changed the connector that goes into the HM-901. Has anyone else had any problems with a coaxial cable?

Jan 30, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #3,383 of 3,522
i'm also having trouble connecting my 901 to hugo. anyone try that before? 

I am using the stock coaxial input/output cable from hifiman that came with my 901 and it works fine with my Hugo.

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #3,384 of 3,522
Just bought a coaxial cable to connect to Chord Hugo from Moon Audio. However, doesn't work. It seems Hifiman have changed the connector that goes into the HM-901. Has anyone else had any problems with a coaxial cable?

i'm also having trouble connecting my 901 to hugo. anyone try that before? 

If you guys are using the cable (two analog and one digital RCA connector) that came with the HM-901, then that's the reason. The digital RCA connector is for S/PDIF input, not output.

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #3,386 of 3,522
Thanks, is there any better cable option out there?

I'm sure there are many boutique cable makers' offerings. The stock cable is well built, does 24/192, and dependable for me.

I think the coaxial in/out cables were only bundled with the very early batches of 901, and they changed to bundling the RCA lineout+digital in after the few initial batches.

Jan 30, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #3,387 of 3,522
I'm sure there are many boutique cable makers' offerings. The stock cable is well built, does 24/192, and dependable for me.

I think the coaxial in/out cables were only bundled with the very early batches of 901, and they changed to bundling the RCA lineout+digital in after the few initial batches.

Ya, mine is the RCAlineout+digital in batch.
Do you know any cable makers that do that? Contacted DHC, they don't seen to do that. Can't seen to find any out there

Jan 30, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #3,388 of 3,522
As previously stated this is not a stock cable but one custom made by Moon Audio to receive data from the HM-901 to the Hugo. Still awaiting a response from Drew at Moon Audio after he has contacted Hifiman.

Jan 30, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #3,389 of 3,522
As previously stated this is not a stock cable but one custom made by Moon Audio to receive data from the HM-901 to the Hugo. Still awaiting a response from Drew at Moon Audio after he has contacted Hifiman.

Sorry. Was a bit fast on "the trigger". Since it's a Moon Audio cable, they will probably have to sort it out for you. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back