HM-901
Aug 21, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #1,591 of 3,522
I need help. I want to order the balanced 901 with an extra battery. Does anyone know if the 901 battery charging system at 49.00 come with charger or do I have to buy the charger which sells for 69.00 as well. Thats 118.00 for both. Why can't I just buy a AC Wall Wart from Radio Shack which sells for 10.00. Thanks

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #1,592 of 3,522
The $49 charging dock does not come with a charger but the 901 does. An extra charger is not necessary unless you want to charge two batteries at the same time.

Quote:
I need help. I want to order the balanced 901 with an extra battery. Does anyone know if the 901 battery charging system at 49.00 come with charger or do I have to buy the charger which sells for 69.00 as well. Thats 118.00 for both. Why can't I just buy a AC Wall Wart from Radio Shack which sells for 10.00. Thanks

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #1,594 of 3,522
Quote:
Do you think the AC adapter from Radio Shack would work?

Can't say for sure... The thing is, even if the specifications matched, you would still need to replace the AC adapter's plug with the one pictured above (provided you could find one)

Aug 21, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #1,595 of 3,522
I'm assuming you want a charging dock because, like me, you're thinking about charging your spare while on the road (having used both while between stops).

In this case you need both the adaptor and the dock. Radioshacks may not work because the charging mechanism is not in the player- it is in the hifiman adaptor. And it's proprietary.

Aug 21, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #1,596 of 3,522
Quote:
Wow that is nice. Please leave your review to compare the Tralucent silver/golds and the DHC fusion! :)

Will do! I did do something else with the DHC Fusion though (Big thanks to Peter)

DHC Fusion cable terminated to RSA + DHC ultrashort adapter RSA Female to TRRS Male and Normal 3.5 mm Male

So I don't need to change cables if I decide to go balanced with my DHC Fusion. Honestly more cable makers should do this like he does :)

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #1,597 of 3,522
I've been using TWAG V3s for my 335DWs and they've worked well for me, in terms of bringing them around. Very well made, very beautiful sound, but it takes a while to make and the customer service isn't the best out there :) My only beef with them is that they're unwieldy in the gym... a bit too thick but maybe coz I have the 8-core :p

Currently on my JH13Pros are using the Tralucent silver/golds and they've been a wonder to use even at the gym. Waiting now on an order for DHC fusions :)

I would be VERY interested in this comparison as I use Tralucent silver and gold with Miracles and with 1plus2 and have been interested in the fusion for a while.

Aug 21, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #1,599 of 3,522
Quote:
I had received my 901 today from Sterodesk. But it made me very disappointed.... The first time i took it from the box and charge it. It works perfectly fine. Then I turn on the machine and listen for a while. The SQ is great. Same as what i heard from my friend. However, i turn it off and charge it again, the chager's green light does not on, and the 901 has not charge successfully. I turn it on again. But the earphone output has no sound coming out.
Also, I tried to put the minibox card in the 901 replace the standard amp card, the machine could not hold the minibox card and it keep springs out....

OMG...I am thinking to change my 901 to the AK120 instead. Maybe the SQ is not as great as the 901 but still extremely impressive when driving those low impedance IEMs. Also i don't have to worry about all these bugs from 901...

I really hope that Fang can push harder on the quality control. 901 is a great creation, please don't let it down...

I had the exact same issue with the charger, Talk to Head-Direct for a replacement. I opened my defective charger and found a damaged electrolytic in mine. The spring for the amp card is a little tricky, try using your fingernail. Also ensure the card is fully seated in the connector.

Aug 21, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #1,600 of 3,522
Will do! I did do something else with the DHC Fusion though (Big thanks to Peter)

DHC Fusion cable terminated to RSA + DHC ultrashort adapter RSA Female to TRRS Male and Normal 3.5 mm Male

So I don't need to change cables if I decide to go balanced with my DHC Fusion. Honestly more cable makers should do this like he does :)

Also looking forward to comparisons! The dhc fusion is at the top of the list of cables Im currently considering for the nt6 pro. So you bought 2, 1foot extentions for the fusion? I'm just curious if anyone knows if adding extentions to cables might possibly negatively affect SQ?

Aug 21, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #1,601 of 3,522
Quote:
Also looking forward to comparisons! The dhc fusion is at the top of the list of cables Im currently considering for the nt6 pro. So you bought 2, 1foot extentions for the fusion? I'm just curious if anyone knows if adding extentions to cables might possibly negatively affect SQ?

"The best cable is no cable"

Aug 21, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #1,603 of 3,522
Aug 21, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #1,604 of 3,522

The less solder joints and cable length, the better.

I also ordered a DHC Fusion.
In this case I think that, considering the length and quality of the cable, have a shorter cable and with less solder points is more a question of peace of mind.
I thought about some adaptor to have the option to run balanced but I preferred get the IEM card and the DHC Fusion SE without any adaptor, simply cos I'll use it often in the street and the more connectors = more points to get damaged by movement. Any way I would like to hear you impressions about running balanced vs. SE with the DHC Fusion.

Aug 21, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #1,605 of 3,522
I'll post those soon but Peter says itll take 6 weeks to make... so yeah xD

Anyhoo I'm very happy with my current setups and I usually bring a bag with me so I keep my 901 and other gear in there, in another small camera bag, to keep connections safe :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back