HM-901
Aug 20, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #1,561 of 3,522
Overall the 901 is a great creation. However all those accessories are too damn expensive. A $99 battery? A $49 battery dock only and no power cable included? That's ridiculous.

I believe all these accessories actually are very cheap. Puting such price above is just insane and stupid. They should LOWER DOWN the price.

Aug 20, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #1,562 of 3,522
Quote:
Overall the 901 is a great creation. However all those accessories are too damn expensive. A $99 battery? A $49 battery dock only and no power cable included? That's ridiculous.

I believe all these accessories actually are very cheap. Puting such price above is just insane and stupid. They should LOWER DOWN the price.

Once again, I think you are missing the point.  This is not an off the shelf battery - it supplies +/- 8.4v, iirc, and as such the charger is not off the shelf either.  The battery has to be held in place to charge safely, hence the dock, and the "power cord" which has the HifiMan connector on it is hardwired to the charger block.  The charger already came with the c-7 power cord. The cradle is so you can attach the charger to the battery.  I am sure the mold that is used to make the cradle cost $1000s of dollars. It may be a small $ amount of plastic - but getting it to be the right shape is not cheap, especially when yo are not ordering 10s of thousands of them.  

I wish it cost less as well - just like lots of other things.  Unless you have the facts, your comments are simply groundless insults.  

Aug 20, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #1,564 of 3,522
Quote:
Problems Problems........

What would you do if you just paid $1000 U.S.D plus local tax for your 901 and when it arrived the manual inside was covered with greasy, no exaggeration, finger prints all over it. On closer inspection when the battery was removed the amp card had a greasy print smack bang in the middle of it.Remember the factory tour picture and the comment about the lack of anti static gloves,.well what can I say they obviously have no quality control To make matters worse it sounds awful. After ten hours of use little or no signs of an improvement Am I the only one? I have sent hifiman am e mail their "super customer service" will be tested now.

RDS

Wow, that sucks.  Mine was nothing like that and sounds great, but to answer your question: "What would you do..."  I would be pissed and hopefully be rational enough to do what you are doing instead of something more extreme.

Quote:

Sure, if they where as large a manufacturer as say Apple with their $29 Lightning to 30-pin adapter, or $19 5W USB power adapter...talk about overpriced those two items should be like $10 each.  Like you, I wish it was cheaper but they do have to manufacture these things and make some profit off of a relatively small install base.

Aug 20, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #1,565 of 3,522
Quote:

What would you do if you just paid $1000 U.S.D plus local tax for your 901 and when it arrived the manual inside was covered with greasy, no exaggeration, finger prints all over it. On closer inspection when the battery was removed the amp card had a greasy print smack bang in the middle of it.

Is it possible Irish Customs gave you no-charge, non-rubber glove inspection?

Aug 20, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #1,567 of 3,522
Once again, I think you are missing the point.  This is not an off the shelf battery - it supplies +/- 8.4v, iirc, and as such the charger is not off the shelf either.  The battery has to be held in place to charge safely, hence the dock, and the "power cord" which has the HifiMan connector on it is hardwired to the charger block.  The charger already came with the c-7 power cord. The cradle is so you can attach the charger to the battery.  I am sure the mold that is used to make the cradle cost $1000s of dollars. It may be a small $ amount of plastic - but getting it to be the right shape is not cheap, especially when yo are not ordering 10s of thousands of them.  

I wish it cost less as well - just like lots of other things.  Unless you have the facts, your comments are simply groundless insults.  

Nope. I don't think so. The prime cost of the battery in fact are not expensive. Just like most of the sell phone battery. For the dock, it's not difficult to make it in the right shape for the battery too, as this is not a big deal in most of the Chinese manufacture company. The prime cost of c-7 power cord is not expensive in China as well.

Before you say my comment is pointless, why not go to some Chinese forum like erji.net and ask those 901 users? 80% of people would tell you that the accessories of 901 are expensive.

Aug 20, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #1,568 of 3,522

What would you do if you just paid $1000 U.S.D plus local tax for your 901 and when it arrived the manual inside was covered with greasy, no exaggeration, finger prints all over it. On closer inspection when the battery was removed the amp card had a greasy print smack bang in the middle of it.Remember the factory tour picture and the comment about the lack of anti static gloves,.well what can I say they obviously have no quality control To make matters worse it sounds awful. After ten hours of use little or no signs of an improvement Am I the only one? To add to the mix the charger is so hot Im actually worried about it catching fire..
I have sent hifiman am e mail their "super customer service" will be tested now.

RDS

sounds awful compared to what? Your DCS vivaldi stack? MSB? I find it to sound wonderful, then again if you are used to 50k sources and totl end game stuff then Im sure the 901 might sound lacking, but as a portable source it sounds exemplary...

Aug 20, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #1,569 of 3,522
Quote:
sounds awful compared to what? Your DCS vivaldi stack? MSB? I find it to sound wonderful, then again if you are used to 50k sources and totl end game stuff then Im sure the 901 might sound lacking, but as a portable source it sounds exemplary...

Ah so you did get a 901. What IEMs or headphones are you using with it?

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #1,571 of 3,522
Quote:

What would you do if you just paid $1000 U.S.D plus local tax for your 901 and when it arrived the manual inside was covered with greasy, no exaggeration, finger prints all over it. On closer inspection when the battery was removed the amp card had a greasy print smack bang in the middle of it.Remember the factory tour picture and the comment about the lack of anti static gloves,.well what can I say they obviously have no quality control To make matters worse it sounds awful. After ten hours of use little or no signs of an improvement Am I the only one? To add to the mix the charger is so hot Im actually worried about it catching fire..
I have sent hifiman am e mail their "super customer service" will be tested now.

RDS

Interesting, I also had the grease finger print smudges on the manual, my 901 didn't come with the traditional screen protection film, and the ESD bag had been crumpled and looked like it had been used a few times.  My 901 works fine, so not a big deal, but it looked like a demo when it arrived.  

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #1,572 of 3,522
Interesting, I also had the grease finger print smudges on the manual, my 901 didn't come with the traditional screen protection film, and the ESD bag had been crumpled and looked like it had been used a few times.  My 901 works fine, so not a big deal, but it looked like a demo when it arrived.  

Odd...I must be lucky, my manual was clean w/ no fingerprints at all. The people assembling the 901's really should be wearing gloves, be a bit gross if they don't.

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #1,573 of 3,522
Quote:
I'm currently using he400s with it, but plan on ordering hidition nt6 pros soon to use with it too. I also have a wagnus epsilon s amp coming soon to use with 901 as well. Im very pleased with the 901.

Ah the NT6 should be a nice addition. It's one of the very best CIEMs available.

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #1,575 of 3,522
Quote:

Some of them come with screen protector film?  I had to buy one for an iPod and cut it in half with a razorblade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back